Sign in to follow this  
gazzathegreat

The AGM (long post)

[quote user="broadie"][quote user="BBFF"]

Thanks to you both. Looks like NCFC is on its last legs while NCPLC has all the investment it wants and even takes out loans to build roads, all riding on the back of the FOOTBALL club and its 25,000 supporters. Its just another sad day for FOOTBALL at Carrow Rd.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

What uninformed nonsense.

[/quote]

Maybe not quite accurate Broadie but it`s along the right lines. In the Q&A with Doncaster yesterday he stated that a £2.55million loan to buy the Laurence Scott land had to be repaid next May. What do you think of this and where do you think the money will come from to repay it?

[quote user="mystic megson"]

Another thing about last night.  The board told us what a great big favour they are doing us by holding the AGM at Carrow Road on a Thursday evening.  They''re only doing because it''s convenient for us, and they could easily have it in London.  That was fairly near the beginning, long before it began to get tasty.  I could hardly believe my ears - can someone else who was there please confirm that I didn''t imagine it?  [:S]

[/quote]

No you didn''t imagine it, they were his exact words. It was when he started banging on about how ''open'' etc. the club is with it''s fans, shareholder etc.  

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="broadie"][quote user="BBFF"]

Thanks to you both. Looks like NCFC is on its last legs while NCPLC has all the investment it wants and even takes out loans to build roads, all riding on the back of the FOOTBALL club and its 25,000 supporters. Its just another sad day for FOOTBALL at Carrow Rd.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe not quite accurate Broadie but it`s along the right lines. In the Q&A with Doncaster yesterday he stated that a £2.55million loan to buy the Laurence Scott land had to be repaid next May. What do you think of this and where do you think the money will come from to repay it?

[/quote]

That really had me worried Mr C, because there''s also £300,000 on the NU Corner loan and £900,000 instalment on the long term debt.  Add approx £1m interest payment to service the remaining debt, and there won''t be much change out of £5 million. 

When asked about funds for the new manager last night, ND talked about loan players.  He said nothing about the January window and to be fair he wasn''t asked directly.  But supposing we need to add a couple more players to the squad to avoid relegation, where do you think their priorities will lie?

thanks CA and GTG.

I couldnt attend as my toddler is poorly, but i wish i could have gone!

seems to me the board were made to squirm... which is a good thing. some good questions were asked, Particularly from Mr Roades, and it was interesting to see that Delia got rattled..

the Question regarding ambition was interesting.. if the club chairman cant come out with an answer and has to pass it to an underling then what message does that send out? does Bill Gates pass a question to the mail room attendant if he is challenged?

A businessman with Guts would of risen to that question and answered it.. not clammed up... Munbys not cut out for the job....

jas :)

[quote user="broadie"]For the record, Delia always looks a bit edgy at these events, whether things are going well or not. I wouldn''t read too much into it, although it''s safe to assume she didn''t feel as comfortable as she''s have liked.[/quote]

Did you just feel awfully sorry for her.....an'' just wanted to give her a big consoling hug? Awwwww ain''t that nice.....[li]......BLEURGH!

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="broadie"][quote user="BBFF"]

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That really had me worried Mr C, because there''s also £300,000 on the NU Corner loan and £900,000 instalment on the long term debt.  Add approx £1m interest payment to service the remaining debt, and there won''t be much change out of £5 million. 

When asked about funds for the new manager last night, ND talked about loan players.  He said nothing about the January window and to be fair he wasn''t asked directly.  But supposing we need to add a couple more players to the squad to avoid relegation, where do you think their priorities will lie?

[/quote]

I think this is less of a worry than an explanation of the boards behaviour. Presumably this is all in the forecast for the currant financial year so the board can already account for this or have a plan to. Remember ND comments have moved from talking about all profits from player trading being recycled into the team to using the profits from player sales to cover operating costs. Add in the retained profit and they could have enough cash to cover this in 2007/2008.

When it comes to football though it looks very bleak for any investment.[:(]

Another thing about last night.  The board told us what a great big favour they are doing us by holding the AGM at Carrow Road on a Thursday evening.  They''re only doing because it''s convenient for us, and they could easily have it in London.  That was fairly near the beginning, long before it began to get tasty.  I could hardly believe my ears - can someone else who was there please confirm that I didn''t imagine it?  [:S]

[/quote]

Some companies hold their AGM''s at 8.00am in the morning when they expect a hostile reception from the shareholders.

With the state NCFC is in at present I''m surprised their''s wasn''t pencilled in for 3.00am start at a warehouse on an industrial estate in the middle of nowhere.........   

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="broadie"][quote user="BBFF"]

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If this land is worth circa £10M, isn''t the obvious question, "when''s it going to be sold?"

Bryan, he said he had been a director of football at a previous club, but didn''t mention it by name.

He''s applied for the job as manager, not Dir of Football, don''t think the board have made that position available and unlikely to as they commented they wouldn''t want to tell a manager what to do.

[/quote] No, you didn''t Mystic, they did say most companies hold their AGMs in London during the day. NCFC hold theirs here on a weekday evening as that''s what most shareholders want. Hold it in London then Munby, sure we could all get a good deal in a hotel and you would then have the entire Capital Canary shareholding faction turning up!

[quote user="GazzaTCC"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="broadie"][quote user="BBFF"]

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If this land is worth circa £10M, isn''t the obvious question, "when''s it going to be sold?"

[/quote] I think the person making that statement meant when the 200 or so flats had been built or ready to sell off plan. Some time in the future no doubt.

[quote user="GazzaTCC"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="broadie"][quote user="BBFF"]

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes i think thats another massive question that needs asking at the November meeting. IF these rumours are true and the land is sold before May it could be a redemption of sorts for the board- although you still have to look at it within the context of how far the club has fallen by being financially crippled by this kind of speculation off the pitch. It`s also likely that a large proportion of that will go to sort out the financial mess getting involved in all this non-football stuff has got the club in in the first place. And what will happen to the rest? Another piece of land? More offices? A bigger restaurant? I think these things will remain the board`s priority until the fans demand otherwise.

Of course with economies and markets wobbling it may be that a deal cannot be done, which would make this obsession with throwing money at non-football stuff look as much of a gamble as the one they are simply not prepared to take-investing in a decent team on the pitch.