Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Duffy, just Grant without the pointing

When Drury had to go off he made the wrong move (Murray to left back instead of Lappin). We all knew what was coming after that and it dully came from the expected area.

Midfield weak beyond belief.

Makes you want to cry.

Fair point Ricardo.

I''d have gone with Lappin slotting in at left back, Hucks moved to the left, and Croft brought on for the right.

Seems logical to us, odd that none of the managers can seem to work it out...

I agree - isn''t a golden rule that you don''t split up your central defenders once the match has started unless there is an injury??

I couldn''t understand the substitution at all - Spillane goes to CH, Murray moves out to LB, Lappin (a natural left back) stays at LM. Mad. Why not drop Lappin to left back, put Spillane in the midfield if he has to come on (on the right - or, better still PLAY THE RIGHT WINGER WHO IS ON THE BENCH and move Hucks over to the left, his natural position).

From that point on Bristol came back into the game and Duffy did nothing to corrcet any of the glaring problems with Jarvis and Russell.

Grrrr....if he gets the job full-time after that, there''s going to be a riot (and relegation).

Angry [:@]

[quote user="jetstream"]I agree - isn''t a golden rule that you don''t split up your central defenders once the match has started unless there is an injury??

I couldn''t understand the substitution at all - Spillane goes to CH, Murray moves out to LB, Lappin (a natural left back) stays at LM. Mad. Why not drop Lappin to left back, put Spillane in the midfield if he has to come on (on the right - or, better still PLAY THE RIGHT WINGER WHO IS ON THE BENCH and move Hucks over to the left, his natural position).

From that point on Bristol came back into the game and Duffy did nothing to corrcet any of the glaring problems with Jarvis and Russell.

Grrrr....if he gets the job full-time after that, there''s going to be a riot (and relegation).

Angry [:@]
[/quote]

Exactly; for 20 minutes after going one down the manager seemed paralysed. For me it was obvious what was required but the longer he delayed things the worse it got.

I felt sorry for Murray, he was ok in the centre but dreadfully exposed for pace on the flank.

If this manager can''t see the basics then we have no chance.

Grant appointed Duffy clearly because he was similar in his views/style so I''m not sure it would ever work. Anyway the team not playing well is down to the coaching which Duffy would have been involved in and not just the management. Not the man for the job...no way!