Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

MISSING: NCFC MIDFIELD

Anyone with information should contact Neil Doncaster immediately. Last seen for definate in 2005, occaisonal sightings last season, but no contact since.

[quote user="HUDDY "]

Anyone with information should contact Neil Doncaster immediately. Last seen for definate in 2005, occaisonal sightings last season, but no contact since.

[/quote]

Got to feel sorry for Jarvis being brought into a struggling side. At the moment he looks far too slow.

As for Russell, well I did warn you in the summer that he was not the answer. Always looks busy and in the heart of the action but never any end result.

There is indeed no midfield at NCFC at the moment, as Darel Russell continues to show that it is possible to go from being a long distance athlete to a technically inept centre midfielder in the Championship. He was sold the first time around for a very good reason - he simply wasn''t good enough!!! And without him we managed to get promoted. Now he''s back you can all see for yourselves he has absolutely no quality whatsoever. He works hard yes, and gets stuck in, but long distance runners do that. You could pull four fans out of the stand, train them professionally to run marathons for 4 months, and you''d have four Darel Russels at a fraction of the cost. He can''t do anything else.

Rossi Jarvis is sadly not good enough for Championship standard at the moment, and doesn''t look like he ever will be. He should not play again for the foreseeable future.

Simon Lappin has a sweet left foot, but that''s it. He is too often a passenger at this level, and you can''t play someone simply for set pieces unless they''re as good as Beckham. Quite simply not good enough.

Huckerby is still our best attacking threat, even if he does go missing in certain games (particularly away from home). I won''t criticise him as he is at present our only hope.  

Lee Croft and Luke Chadwick must step up to the plate for me. Both are technically good. Croft should start wide right, and Chadwick should be asked to play centre mid and dictate play. I can only hope Brellier gets better, but I wouldn''t hesitate to get someone new in to replace him. Jimmy Smith, young, untried, I''m not hopeful. Fotheringham - 20 minutes does not make you a good player, particularly when the preceeding X games he wasn''t up to it. We need one if not two quality centre mids ASAP.