Sign in to follow this  
Tim Dawson

Pinkun posters - Talk the talk but dont Walk the walk

Well from reading this board the last few days the AGM was going to be a stormy affair with Delia and Michael going to be given a rough ride, well it would seem you can all say your piece on here but when it came to it bottled it on the night, just like to say really well done !!

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Well from reading this board the last few days the AGM was going to be a stormy affair with Delia and Michael going to be given a rough ride, well it would seem you can all say your piece on here but when it came to it bottled it on the night, just like to say really well done !![/quote]

It''s so easy to hide on the internet, that''s why [;)]

Assuming of course that A, everyone is a Shareholder, B People have no other committments. C People can be bothered to listen to more spin. What an immature post.

[quote]Assuming of course that A, everyone is a Shareholder, B People have no

other committments. C People can be bothered to listen to more spin.

What an immature post.[/quote]I predict that by the end of the day, this will be the second most replied to thread on page 1, just behind 1st Wiz''s yet to be created thread "Is Delia still here then ?".

Probably would have been better if we could watch it on the wireless and then have a rant at Neil on Canary Call after.

But to be fair there was probably more went from here than will go to Burnley on Tuesday! [;)]

[quote user="charlies dad"]Assuming of course that A, everyone is a Shareholder, B People have no other committments. C People can be bothered to listen to more spin. What an immature post.[/quote]

Er - immature? I would have thought that spending the entire year banging on about not getting one''s voice heard and then not turning up because one ''can''t be bothered to listen to more spin'' is about as immature as it gets. Even the suggestion is pretty childish.

Tim Dawson wrote the following post at 19/10/2007 10:34 AM:

Well from reading this board the last few days the AGM was going to be a stormy affair with Delia and Michael going to be given a rough ride, well it would seem you can all say your piece on here but when it came to it bottled it on the night, just like to say really well done !!

With all due respect Tim if you feel this forum has let you down why don''t you buy some shares and next time then you will be able to go to the AGM and challenge the board yourself then you can talk the talk and walk the walk yourself.

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Well from reading this board the last few days the AGM was going to be a stormy affair with Delia and Michael going to be given a rough ride, well it would seem you can all say your piece on here but when it came to it bottled it on the night, just like to say really well done !![/quote] Tim, I don''t know you so I can''t comment on whether you were in fact there, or have ever been to a shareholder meeting or anything approaching a public meeting with the board, such as an open day or forum, I am assuming you have and therefore know the structure and format of such occasions. I HAVE in the past spoken at Shareholder meetings and at forums (usually critical but not always). I had three questions which had been covered by others on the night - There were only so many who were going to speak after all, there is a time limit set. In the past I have had Munby have a go at me for daring to question their ambition re buying Darren Huckerby, (at Acle and at Beccles). As for posters (Keith Roads spoke, as did Mystic) or don''t you consider them posters. I am guessing the vast majority of posters on here are not shareholders so didn''t have a say last night. IF you think you have more bottle or persuasion than the rest of us, may I therefore suggest you buy some of the shares coming up for grabs and then you can attend next year, if you are already a shareholder, then you really can have no axe to grind with those that are.

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Well from reading this board the last few days the AGM was going to be a stormy affair with Delia and Michael going to be given a rough ride, well it would seem you can all say your piece on here but when it came to it bottled it on the night, just like to say really well done !![/quote]

Don''t expect other people to fight your own battles if you want to avoid being disappointed.

An AGM is for shareholders only....and therefore any unrest in the room is more demonstrative than effective. Without an overall consensus any dissent shown can only reflect dissatisfaction....so the few with courage who made a point on our behalf deserve credit...

Are you speaking from personal experience of a heavily "weighted" AGM....or are you simply frustrated like the rest of us?

Sorry but I agree with Tim, several posters on here have been posting strong anti board posts for the past month and although I appreciate that its difficult for those living out of Norfolk and those who arent shareholders to attend I believe that there are plenty of shareholders on this site who could have gone and spoken.

The only people who spoke on the microphone and challenged the board in my opinion were a Beverley ( 1st question), Keith Roads and Peter Wolsey. A few  people shouted a few comments out but without a microphone they couldnt be heard.

Always seems to me that people are brave on their pc''s but when it comes to AGM''s or fans forums ( open to everyone) where they have a chance to question the board they go missing and have to stay in to wash their hair.

Okay i thought i might recieve some flak for this post, Charlies dad accused me of being immature, thats not fair, my post was based on many people on here being shareholders who were going to attend the AGM and raise hell, that from reports did not happen tho one or two did speak out ( probably posters on this forum ).

As regards the other comments no im not a shareholder, tho only a hundred pounds to be one, not a lot of money to some but a hell of a lot to those who have been thru an expensive divorce, as regards my support i travel 544 mile round trip to watch the garbage we serve up, if i was a shareholder and lived within a hundred miles last night i would have gone last night.

The post was not meant to annoy, but our pinkun message board is one of the biggest supported on the net, and it would be fair to assume quite a few are shareholders, yet when push came to shove nothing happened and that is also a dig at shareholders who don`t come on this message board, can they truly be happy with the direction our club is going in?

Every season you can usually pick out the 3 or 4 clubs most likely to be relegated but this season its too hard to predict, i believe relegation is a real possibility this year and none of us want that, we are after all Norwich City fans and now is the time to unite before it is too late.

[quote user="broadie"]

[quote user="charlies dad"]Assuming of course that A, everyone is a Shareholder, B People have no other committments. C People can be bothered to listen to more spin. What an immature post.[/quote]

Er - immature? I would have thought that spending the entire year banging on about not getting one''s voice heard and then not turning up because one ''can''t be bothered to listen to more spin'' is about as immature as it gets. Even the suggestion is pretty childish.

[/quote] Er. Yes.

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]

The post was not meant to annoy, but our pinkun message board is one of the biggest supported on the net, and it would be fair to assume quite a few are shareholders, yet when push came to shove nothing happened and that is also a dig at shareholders who don`t come on this message board, can they truly be happy with the direction our club is going in?

[/quote]

Tim I have absolutely no idea what goes through the minds of the vast majority of our shareholders.  All I know is that when it came to voting against D&M''s reelection to the board, probably no more than 15 put up their hands, maybe 20 tops out of 600 or more.  I went along to the meeting with no intention other than to take part in the vote.  By speaking out I was under no illusion that anything fundamental was going to change.  I did it because I was unable to stay silent in the face of such a blatant misrepresentation of the facts.

i couldnt attend due to my baby daughter being unwell.... were u there Tim? did u speak up in defence of the board? or did u spend all night thnking up this post?

jas :)

[quote user="cityangel"]

Sorry but I agree with Tim, several posters on here have been posting strong anti board posts for the past month and although I appreciate that its difficult for those living out of Norfolk and those who arent shareholders to attend I believe that there are plenty of shareholders on this site who could have gone and spoken.

The only people who spoke on the microphone and challenged the board in my opinion were a Beverley ( 1st question), Keith Roads and Peter Wolsey. A few  people shouted a few comments oHt but without a microphone they couldnt be heard.

Always seems to me that people are brave on their pc''s but when it comes to AGM''s or fans forums ( open to everyone) where they have a chance to question the board they go missing and have to stay in to wash their hair.

[/quote]

Unlike you no doubt, I, and thousands of others like me, have other and more demanding calls on our money, so climb down off your bloody high horse Angel, and engage your brain before running down some fans, when you have no idea whatsoever of their incomes and expenditures.

Thats disgraceful behaviour and you should know better.[:@]

[quote user="broadie"]

[/quote]

Sorry Dad........

......and to continue........"The NCFC board - Talk the talk but don''t Walk the walk" and have done, for an exceptionally longer time than the Pink''un posters....

It''s been the annual "All gas and gaiters" from the Hierarchy once again.......I even suspect the Turner''s may turn out to be all mouth and trousers.....BUT! It''s only a personal opinion......and subject to amendment.

As long as we turn up in numbers every game.......nothing will ever change.

Can I just point out that anyone can go to a shareholders meeting as a shareholders nominee,or proxy. The sharehoder just has to complete the form before the AGM and send it in to the Registered Office. Furthermore I believe that the holder of ten shares can have ten different nominees if he so wishes and all nominees have the right to speak at the meeting on behalf of the shareholder.

On the subject of the AGM being held in London any shareholder can stand up at the begining of the meeting and ask that the meeting be adjorned to another place and a vote can be taken on a show of hands so I am not sure the Board would get away with that one!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"]

The only people who spoke on the microphone and challenged the board in my opinion were a Beverley ( 1st question), Keith Roads and Peter Wolsey. A few  people shouted a few comments oHt but without a microphone they couldnt be heard.

[/quote]

Unlike you no doubt, I, and thousands of others like me, have other and more demanding calls on our money, so climb down off your bloody high horse Angel, and engage your brain before running down some fans, when you have no idea whatsoever of their incomes and expenditures.

[/quote]

On this one post alone wiz I agree totally.  Not all of us were lucky enough/well off enough to get shares.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well said Wiz....and this sums up the arrogance bred by the "select" season ticket/shareholder type Smith has so cynically created.

The casuals...whether they be pensioners...the low paid...the disabled or simply youngsters from less well of backgrounds have been the life blood of this club for many years...so ignore them at your peril. Before too long the upstarts who are currently claiming the moral high ground at NCFC will be left in the lurch by their celebrity icon....at which point they will need those they currently look down their noses at.

I''m afraid CA has shown her true colours far too often....and she sums up much that is wrong with the mentality at CR in 2007.

For all you people who aren''t shareholders so couldn''t go last night you have another chance to question the whole board

25th Oct -  Meet and Question the Board - Diss - only 30 mins drive from Norwich [:D]

Well, not to worry, everybody.

GazzaTheGreat reports that ''there is to be a meeting arranged on November 7th (times and venue not mentioned ) for ANYONE to go to for questions re the finances and prudence/ambition policy......this is not just for shareholders......''

All of those that couldn''t / wouldn''t attend because they weren''t shareholders won''t be able to hide behind their keyboards for this one. So, let''s see what those who use every excuse under the sun NOT to go to one of these forums have to say for themselves this time...

"I wanted to attend and have a go at the Board but my gerbil had an upset tummy / it would have cost me 23 pence in shoe leather / actually, I''m all mouth and I haven''t got the bottle to say it straight to their faces..."  

[quote user="cityangel"]

For all you people who aren''t shareholders so couldn''t go last night you have another chance to question the whole board

25th Oct -  Meet and Question the Board - Diss - only 30 mins drive from Norwich [:D]

[/quote]

It is . . . if you can afford a car [au]

This is what I just don''t get . . . [:^)]

The same people who slag off posters for criticising the board on this forum are encouraging them to go and do the selfsame thing at a public meeting.  What exactly is it you want, people? 

Hypocrites?  Pot, kettle . . .

[quote user="mystic megson"]

This is what I just don''t get . . . [:^)]

The same people who slag off posters for criticising the board on this forum are encouraging them to go and do the selfsame thing at a public meeting.  What exactly is it you want, people? 

Hypocrites?  Pot, kettle . . .

[/quote]

It''s a crazy world for sure Mystic [Y] It''s like I don''t get why people who are trying to arrange trips to watch other clubs instead of Norwich are doing so on a Norwich messageboard [:^)]

Hypocrites? .. possibly not but at least nobody has suggested going to QPR instead........... yet...............

.................................................. [+o(]