Sign in to follow this  
Grando

Duffy should stay

Having listened to the game today on the Radio Norfolk I think that Jim Duffy should be given the job full time. The important thing is that in the first half we played some nice football and had all sorts of chances, which the lads were right unlucky with. He know what needs to be done - and he know all the players. I don''t think someone like Jewel would be able to do any better - and how much would he cost us! Besides it would take him a few weeks to know all the positions the players can play - Duffy already knows all of that, like the way he was able to put Murray at left back.

So, all you supporters should stop moaning and get behind Duffy, Delia, Doncaster and the team! I would be singing away, only I don''t get to too many games as I live in Attleborogh and it is a way to come.

All this talk of relegation is just plain silly. Wouldn''t surprise me to hear about us whipping up the league under Jim Duffy - the playoffs or even top two aren''t beyond the reach of players like Lappin and the Jarvis boys.

So come on City. As Delia would say, let''s be ''avin you!

You must be joking and you are gonna get slated for this.24,000 people could see he got the subs wrong in the first half, It was like he called grant up and asked him for his advice.  

[quote user="Grando"]Having listened to the game today on the Radio Norfolk I think that Jim Duffy should be given the job full time. The important thing is that in the first half we played some nice football and had all sorts of chances, which the lads were right unlucky with. He know what needs to be done - and he know all the players. I don''t think someone like Jewel would be able to do any better - and how much would he cost us! Besides it would take him a few weeks to know all the positions the players can play - Duffy already knows all of that, like the way he was able to put Murray at left back. So, all you supporters should stop moaning and get behind Duffy, Delia, Doncaster and the team! I would be singing away, only I don''t get to too many games as I live in Attleborogh and it is a way to come. All this talk of relegation is just plain silly. Wouldn''t surprise me to hear about us whipping up the league under Jim Duffy - the playoffs or even top two aren''t beyond the reach of players like Lappin and the Jarvis boys. So come on City. As Delia would say, let''s be ''avin you![/quote]

Ahhh how cute....

Makes you feel like wrapping him up in fwuffy cotton wool and setting fire to him doesn''t it?

[quote user="Grando"]Having listened to the game today on the Radio Norfolk I think that Jim Duffy should be given the job full time. The important thing is that in the first half we played some nice football and had all sorts of chances, which the lads were right unlucky with. He know what needs to be done - and he know all the players. I don''t think someone like Jewel would be able to do any better - and how much would he cost us! Besides it would take him a few weeks to know all the positions the players can play - Duffy already knows all of that, like the way he was able to put Murray at left back. So, all you supporters should stop moaning and get behind Duffy, Delia, Doncaster and the team! I would be singing away, only I don''t get to too many games as I live in Attleborogh and it is a way to come. All this talk of relegation is just plain silly. Wouldn''t surprise me to hear about us whipping up the league under Jim Duffy - the playoffs or even top two aren''t beyond the reach of players like Lappin and the Jarvis boys. So come on City. As Delia would say, let''s be ''avin you![/quote]

wonderful stuff. ha ha ha.

why? it might as well have been grant making the tactical decisions on the touchline as they were just the same as the rest of the season!!

I was there, and trust me the dude who you heard on the Radio must have been at a totally different match altogether cause we we suked big time.

Well Attleborough''s a fair old way to Carrow Road when you only have a pushbike.

I stand by what I said. I think Duffy will make a good manager for the City. If Delia and Michael are prepared to think so then I won''t argue. People criticised them like this before when they appointed Bryan Hamilton, but he was another one who was unlucky. A few more games and Der Waard, Derveld and those other signings would have gotten used to the pace of English football and done great things for us.

I''ll be listening to Radio Norfolk again though on Tuesday, come rain or shine. On the Ball City.

Ah, he''s joking.  Though Attleborough is literally hours away from the Carra, myself and other outsiders from ''the boro'' manage to get there somehow through the rail transit system.

I was prepared to see if Duffy could do something with the team, but it is evident he can''t and won''t. To pick those two in midfield was unbelievable. Not a tackle made all game, they had the freedom of FCR. Sure, it was the same sort of pretty, aesthetic football that made us famous long ago, but at least Chippy et al were up against players who tried to get a tackle in. As for the decision to replace Drury with a reshuffle all over, even us in the N & P were shaking our heads in angst.

Take this small crumb of comfort from the game: even a board as injudicious as ours cannot now put Duffy in charge. So roll on the search, and don''t forget about Mike Newell.

The darkest hour is always just before dawn.

Well, the state of the club has been blamed on everyone else, why not blame stupid and complacent radio listeners.  Congratulations, you nearly fooled people.

See you in Burnley ?

[quote user="Grando"]Well Attleborough''s a fair old way to Carrow Road when you only have a pushbike. I stand by what I said. I think Duffy will make a good manager for the City. If Delia and Michael are prepared to think so then I won''t argue. People criticised them like this before when they appointed Bryan Hamilton, but he was another one who was unlucky. A few more games and Der Waard, Derveld and those other signings would have gotten used to the pace of English football and done great things for us. I''ll be listening to Radio Norfolk again though on Tuesday, come rain or shine. On the Ball City.[/quote]

Hello Mr Foulger . . . was that you I saw in the town the other day, you''ve put a load of weight on haven''t you?  I''d get on that pushbike pdq if I were you . . .

[quote user="Grando"]Well Attleborough''s a fair old way to Carrow Road when you only have a pushbike. I stand by what I said. I think Duffy will make a good manager for the City. If Delia and Michael are prepared to think so then I won''t argue. People criticised them like this before when they appointed Bryan Hamilton, but he was another one who was unlucky. A few more games and Der Waard, Derveld and those other signings would have gotten used to the pace of English football and done great things for us. I''ll be listening to Radio Norfolk again though on Tuesday, come rain or shine. On the Ball City.[/quote]

Is this for real? Hamilton unlucky, Derveld etc....please tell me someone I am having a nightmare....are you perhaps related to Delia?

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

Is this for real? Hamilton unlucky, Derveld etc....please tell me someone I am having a nightmare....are you perhaps related to Delia?

[/quote]

The number of people who have fallen for this is staggering.

Thanks Grando, you made me laugh out loud with the comment about your pushbike. Cheered me up anyway which is quite an achievement considering what happened yesterday.