Sign in to follow this  
Baggie

Delia Must Go Now !!!!

" Anyone who can find idiots like us & the Turners to put money in and get nothing back can have this football club tomorrow"

This was Delia''s unbelievable comment at the AGM last night:

1- She obviously has no Passion for the club anymore

2- She has just totaly ruined any chance of any new investment with this comment

What the hell kind of comment is that to make.................. GO NOW[8o|]

Haha I take my hat off to her for speaking the truth "idiots like us"............lets be happy with idiots putting money into OUR club.

Im sure she would sell if a buyer came along and it was best for the club, but the fact is nobody is interested........WE HAVE TO PERFORM ON THE PITCH.

OTBC

[quote user="Rush"]

Haha I take my hat off to her for speaking the truth "idiots like us"............lets be happy with idiots putting money into OUR club.

Im sure she would sell if a buyer came along and it was best for the club, but the fact is nobody is interested........WE HAVE TO PERFORM ON THE PITCH.

OTBC

[/quote]Exactly what she wants you to think, and you''re right she does need to go before she does any more damage baggie

Oh how happy the blue rinse, Gods own waiting room brigade must be feeling this morning, did you see them drooling in the front row when dotty Delia marched in?.

Tra la di la.

We''re doomed I tell ye.....doomed!.[:''(]

[quote user="Rush"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Well if Delia says so it must be true................. The FACT is there are potential investors. Ex Hull chairman Pearsons has been looking to invest in a club for months and is currently trying to oust the Huddersfield chairman much to the delight of there fans. He was recently quoted as saying he approached a few clubs only to be turned down. Im sure if i know about this the board would to? Why are we the only club to fail in attracting major investment? Lovely stadium , full house every game, wonderful facilties, potential for a bigger fan base with the region holding a million plus supporters. Why can QPR, Wigan, Boro, Portsmouth, Leichester,Birmingham ect ect manage to do it? The one point i agree is that we do have to perform on the pitch,but its very hard if you get pittence to do it.

I would be happy to be an IDIOT and put money into the club and buy then out if i had their wealth,i would never give it a second thought, and it would be for the right reasons my passion and love for NCFC.I am not saying that they dont share the same feelings but their feelings seem to come across as telling us what we want to hear.I think last night(the feeling i am getting after reading all the reports)they were all on edge and  that idiot commet might haunt her like that other famous one.Now lets get ready for saturday and get out there an show everyone we are all in this together for the sake of our club.

GREEN AND YELLOW IN MY VAINS.

It was almost up there with her "where are ya?" rant.

Oh dear Delia, you want new money but say they''d have to be idiots, look at anyone who might have been remotely interested ion running a mile now! What next, when we''re looking for new players, does the manager -whoever he is-say they''d have to be "idiots" to come here, is Doncaster going to come out and say "anyone who wants the Managers job here is an idiot"????

Think before engaging into quotes please, Ms Smith.

Seems to me that the Bristol City game result will be a "feast" for some ( Win or Lose).....lets just hope that JD can inject some pride and passion into the team and we can put on a good performance for once................All I care about is the team WINNING.

OTBC

[quote user="muttley2"]

I would be happy to be an IDIOT and put money into the club and buy then out if i had their wealth,i would never give it a second thought, and it would be for the right reasons my passion and love for NCFC.I am not saying that they dont share the same feelings but their feelings seem to come across as telling us what we want to hear.I think last night(the feeling i am getting after reading all the reports)they were all on edge and  that idiot commet might haunt her like that other famous one.Now lets get ready for saturday and get out there an show everyone we are all in this together for the sake of our club.

[/quote]

Agreed. if i had the sort of money they had,i wouldnt think twice about helping out. The Turner thing baffles me most. A 2mil loan?? Come on. They give it the big one about passionate support but its hardly breaking the bank,in fact its alot less than most people buying a season ticket! Yet anougher back to the wall comment from St Delia. They are hardly the great saviours of our club are they??

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Agreed. if i had the sort of money they had,i wouldnt think twice about helping out. The Turner thing baffles me most. A 2mil loan?? Come on. They give it the big one about passionate support but its hardly breaking the bank,in fact its alot less than most people buying a season ticket! Yet anougher back to the wall comment from St Delia. They are hardly the great saviours of our club are they??

[/quote]

Have to agree Arthur that if I had that sort of money I too would give some to the club.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="muttley2"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

They may be friends with DS....but they didn''t get where they are today by throwing good money after bad. Only an utter fool would put money into NCFC as it stands...so I fear matters will just get worse before they get better.

The club won''t disappear whatever happens over the next year or two....and there will be plenty of us still around long after Smith and Co. have departed to put it back together again. Give it time for the fans to start drifting away and DS will finally understand she has lost it.

It''s the Tony Blair syndrome all over again....but we must hope there isn''t a Gordon Brown waiting in the wings to finish us off!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="muttley2"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Very funny Arthur, ''helping out''. Leave the running of the club to successful people.

Delia Must Go Now !!!!

......And be immediately replaced by scrummy mummy Mylene Klass - coz she''s a local lass, is Klass and she''s got a really luvverly.........personality. [:P]

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

It was almost up there with her "where are ya?" rant.

Oh dear Delia, you want new money but say they''d have to be idiots, look at anyone who might have been remotely interested ion running a mile now! What next, when we''re looking for new players, does the manager -whoever he is-say they''d have to be "idiots" to come here, is Doncaster going to come out and say "anyone who wants the Managers job here is an idiot"????

Think before engaging into quotes please, Ms Smith.

[/quote] Yes, at the time I didn''t see it like that Shuck - from her face and the way she said it she was saying "P*** off all of you who dare question my authority" She is NOT a happy lady at the moment, but if she wants out - she needs a PR man desperately to help her with a press release, oh sorry, she has one already, he''s the Chairman.....oh god, you just couldn''t make this all up could you. The Carrow Road soap opera cliffhanger, episode 20843.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="muttley2"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Very funny Arthur, ''helping out''. Leave the running of the club to successful people.

[/quote]

Get over it mate. as for the little ditty about being a hooligan? Grow up sonny, if its a dig about my son, try not hide behind a keyboard and shout such rubbish.

Ps my buisness is doing fine thanks.

I don''t have a problem with changing the board but it does beg the question if all the people who criticize them are so much better than them why are they not richer and more sucessful? In which case they could buy and run the club themselves.

[quote user="T"]I don''t have a problem with changing the board but it does beg the question if all the people who criticize them are so much better than them why are they not richer and more sucessful? In which case they could buy and run the club themselves.[/quote]

I have commented before that, given the supposed perfect vision that so many posters on here seem to think they have, it is absolutely amazing that they aren''t themselves billionaires in a position to talk the talk.  It is also quite amazing how they are so willing to spend other people''s money, in this case not just a few quid but presumably £tens of millions.  Indeed, the Turners are being slated by Arthur for ''only'' giving the club £2m [it is of course only a loan, but we know that loans can be written off].  

I''ve always said that if I won £5m on the lottery, I''d ''give'' £1m+ of it to the club - but when all is said and done, would I actually do that? I''d hope so, but it is all well and good saying so when you don''t have to make that decision to pretty-much throw your money away (and I am not sure that £1m would actually make that much difference to the club in this day and age)!

I quite agree that the club could do with an injection of cash, maybe board needs a bit of a refresh - but surely it should only be to the right people.  It really does seem that some will settle for anything other than what we have at the moment, but the grass is not always greener, there are lots of examples where this doesn''t work (eg Stoke, when they sold to the Icelanders).  There is also a point that just because someone wants to buy into a club doesn''t a) mean they want any old club b) that they want us and c) it doesn''t follow that that we should automatically want them.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[quote user="T"]I don''t have a problem with changing the board but it does beg the question if all the people who criticize them are so much better than them why are they not richer and more sucessful? In which case they could buy and run the club themselves.[/quote]

I have commented before that, given the supposed perfect vision that so many posters on here seem to think they have, it is absolutely amazing that they aren''t themselves billionaires in a position to talk the talk.  It is also quite amazing how they are so willing to spend other people''s money, in this case not just a few quid but presumably £tens of millions.  Indeed, the Turners are being slated by Arthur for ''only'' giving the club £2m [it is of course only a loan, but we know that loans can be written off].  

I''ve always said that if I won £5m on the lottery, I''d ''give'' £1m+ of it to the club - but when all is said and done, would I actually do that? I''d hope so, but it is all well and good saying so when you don''t have to make that decision to pretty-much throw your money away (and I am not sure that £1m would actually make that much difference to the club in this day and age)!

I quite agree that the club could do with an injection of cash, maybe board needs a bit of a refresh - but surely it should only be to the right people.  It really does seem that some will settle for anything other than what we have at the moment, but the grass is not always greener, there are lots of examples where this doesn''t work (eg Stoke, when they sold to the Icelanders).  There is also a point that just because someone wants to buy into a club doesn''t a) mean they want any old club b) that they want us and c) it doesn''t follow that that we should automatically want them.

[/quote]

we invest the same equivalent every season by buying season tickets. Thats the point im trying to make.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

Grow up. You are entirely missing the point. Those of us with plenty of money make our choices as to what to do with it....and those who "chose" to buy out NCFC "chose" to do just that. It was not an act of charity...but a cold nosed business venture aimed at enhancing Delia Smith''s fading public profile and keeping her in the limelight.  On the whole the strategy has worked for her...and the gameplan to create "Delia''s Norwich" has hijacked our club image and detached it from it''s traditional Norfolk roots.

The problem is that they are running the club like a glorified kitchen extension...the football team being the cabaret brought in to amuse the paying customers. Ever been to Spain and seen the second rate Flamenco dancers employed to give the restaurant an atmosphere? This is basically what they have done to our once proud club...

There can be no excuses for what they have done...and as for spending "other people''s money"?......you''re a mile out.  They have put very little money into the core part of the business and spent club income on infrastructure to ensure their loan investment pays returns when they go. Years of gate money...years of merchandise sales...years of Premiership payments...years of transfer income...I could go on. It certainly isn''t running about on the pitch is it?

You are very naive my friend if you think they have any feeling for the team or it''s supporters...as it''s all about empire building and the public perception. It has extended her career nicely in the face of challenges from the more modern tv cooks...but she has done it at the expense of NCFC and it''s over loyal followers....That for me is unforgivable......