Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

DID ANYONE ELSE THINK THAT WAS GONNA HAPPEN?

with drury getting injured how many other people predicted Spillane coming on and Murray going to left back? Everybody around me thought Croft would come on, lappin to left back, hux to left wing, but the two shinyheads cocked it up! It was like the bloody Mitchell brothers were on our bench not football related people!

Yeah, they totally cocked up there - make no mistake! Couldn''t believe what they were doing myself, thought we were looking pretty good up until then - even with Hucks on the right.

It was crazy - we were well on top in the game so to bring Croft on and switch Hucks to his preferred side was surely the call - had we done so I''m pretty sure we''d have gone on to win, comfortably as well.

Even bringing Spillane on (who imo should have started over Rossi J) the move was certainly NOT to move Murray to l/b where we all know he struggles, but to drop either Rossi (who is meant to be a defender) or Lappin back there and have Spillane in the middle.

IMO that one moment, in a nutshell, shows that Duffy isn''t what we need as manager.

[quote user="baldyboy"]with drury getting injured how many other people predicted Spillane coming on and Murray going to left back? Everybody around me thought Croft would come on, lappin to left back, hux to left wing, but the two shinyheads cocked it up! It was like the bloody Mitchell brothers were on our bench not football related people![/quote]Yep. I think everybody knew that was a bad move by duffy.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

IMO that one moment, in a nutshell, shows that Duffy isn''t what we need as manager.

[/quote]

100% agree Branston

near enough to footballing insanity, Lappin left footed, played LB before or murray strong CB, and not comfortable wide or on his left. I would have preferred Spillane on the left that Murray to be honest.