Sign in to follow this  
missing in action?

HUCKERBY

suprising that huckerby appeared to play more than usual,he didnt get on with the manager we know,i still think he should of shut his ******* gob and get on with it tho. he gets paid to play for the club not the manager and if he wants a say, invest several million and be a board member otherwise shut it.still today:hartson was suprisingly good, get him fit and get him on a free, worth a punt.no midfield and shackell looked lost,strihavka was trying hard but the boy needs service, and a new dictionary....

[quote user="buddhaboy"]suprising that huckerby appeared to play more than usual,
he didnt get on with the manager we know,
i still think he should of shut his ******* gob and get on with it tho. he gets paid to play for the club not the manager and if he wants a say, invest several million and be a board member otherwise shut it.
still today:
hartson was suprisingly good, get him fit and get him on a free, worth a punt.
no midfield and shackell looked lost,
strihavka was trying hard but the boy needs service, and a new dictionary....
[/quote]

Apart from the goal Hucks looked disinterested and didnt get involved much at all... if thats his attitude then roll on January as far as im concerned.

jas :)

Jas , by and large I agree with many of your posts, but I have to take issue here.

Darren Huckerby is the only player we have who genuinely has the ablilty to play at a level we aspire to be at. I could be persuaded on players like Shackell and Drury , and I do think that even Srihavka has a place in a decent team. If Huckerby goes in Jan then I for one will throw in the towel (in fact I have tonight thrown it in for a while...I have 4 season tickets for my family and I simply cant bear to spend any more the the gunn club etc etc)

I dont know what you do for a living, but imagine going to work every day with people who are simply nowhere near the standard of you , or your profession. It would drive you bonkers. 

Like your posts Jas. Keep it up!

bollards - hucks can tell it how it is as much as he likes - i''d rather here his truth and insight than spin and pr bs from the club anyday.every numpty knows hucks looks mortal anywhere apart from left wing.  so what happens - dufferman plays him on the right??? yeah right. get real  -  only hucks couldv''e scored that goal today, pity our midfield was absent and we couldn''t capitalise.  he''s quality, plain and simple.  as for hartson, good touch for a big man and gets in good positions - showing his experience and quality.  trouble is  he''s  3 stone overweight - and was puffing like a  goodun after 15 mins -  he''ll take 6 weeks to get match fit, by then we could be anchored at the bottom.  no - what hartson did was show how a good striker could make a difference for us.  he''s too little (ironically) far too late.steve howard would''ve been more the money for us. instead we''re paying hartson a packet to lard about the pitch.

i do agree with u paddons beard... Hucks has the quality.. but we havent seen that this season....

I have criticised hucks in the past and also praised him in Equal measure... no one is beyond criticism when they arent performing... and there have been times in the past where Hucks has been poor.. im sure we will all agree...

This season we havent had the hucks of old.. what we have had is an off the pace whinger who opens his mouth then doesnt back it up.... Some might say he does''nt need too.. he has done it in the past... but the past isnt going to move us up the league is it? Hucks needs to perform... as all the players do... instead of Gobbing off when he isnt getting his own way or stating the bleeding obvious...

every time hucks opens his mouth and says "this team is awful" he needs to stop and think.. he is part of that awful team... so just what is he going to contribute to improve it? A whinge? 1 goal and 1 decent 10 minute period every so often? Id advise hucks to do his taking on the pitch.. if the team is crap then Knuckle down with the lads and get us out of it Darren! I know he reads this board.... he probably thinks im talking out of my backside... but then im not paid the money he and the rest of the squad are.... look at the league table... Time to sort it out.

jas :)

[quote user="buddhaboy"]suprising that huckerby appeared to play more than usual,
he didnt get on with the manager we know,
i still think he should of shut his ******* gob and get on with it tho. he gets paid to play for the club not the manager and if he wants a say, invest several million and be a board member otherwise shut it.
still today:
hartson was suprisingly good, get him fit and get him on a free, worth a punt.
no midfield and shackell looked lost,
strihavka was trying hard but the boy needs service, and a new dictionary....
[/quote]

to take it out on hux when an overweight has been is on pitch is laughable.

just for the record hux was right, this truly is the worst city team since he joined the club.......FACT

[quote user="The Great Strihavka"]

strihavka was playing out of his skin i was very impressed

i am a big strihavka fan and today is what i think he is good at!

[/quote]

I wouldn''t go as far as say he played out of his skin but he was one of the few players making the effort today.

Jas, what Huckerby said is true, this is the worst team since Hamilton and indeed considering the fact we have had promtion and the resulting Premiership windfalls it''s nothing short of scandalous.

Is it his fault he is part of an awful team, does he alone scout, sign and then coach all the rest of them, no. I am NOT saying he has been playing blinders every week, no one has or we wouldn''t be second from bottom.

He scored today -out of position for much of the match, unsure why really. He played well for more than 10 minutes or was he just so much better than the majority. DTS played well, and Hartson looked as if he would if he were anywhere near fit, aside from that the team were as anonymous as the league table and Huckerby stated.

What do you want him to do? Carry on drifting, turning in just okay performances, collect his money and just keep quiet, while we slowly sink down the toilet? For too long the club has been united in all spin and Emperor New Clothes fairytale. Time to tell it like it really is. I don''t care if it''s a player, the manager or Delia (well it might happen ONE day), as long as it''s someone and it''s heard over and over until it''s believed by the majority. Only then will we get some change.

Hucks won''t be here next season, if we are in League One, or still struggling vainly in this one, who will speak out then? Or will it just return to business as usual (off the field division).

Thanks again Hucks, keep doing what you are doing.

HUCKERBY...................................

roll on January if i''m concerned,

he isn''t interested,

doesn''t put the effort in,

and for a winger or wherever his proper position is, he''s old,

we should sell him and get some value from him before he isn''t worth it at all............

Hotdog, he''s retiring at the end of the season. Fact, he''s said as much.

Not interested? In what, playing with a crippling injury to take away his pace and vigour, or playing with the others who are not capable of producing anything significant or any quality that he has to play despite the injury. The fact that he remains the main outlet to a goal is hardly his fault, but a symptom of the under developement in the team over the past few seasons. Again, blame him if it makes you feel better.

He can''t help being the age he is, but even so he''s still our best player, which doesn''t really say much for the younger ones does it?

No, Huckerby is worth nothing at all, the fact he came into our team and we were promoted because he was the missing link and sparked us into a brillant run, no, worth nothing at all. The fact he chose to come here, when he could have gone to WBA for more money, no, worth nothing at all.

The fact he did more than anyone else in the Premiership season, no again, worth nothing at all. His goals last season no doubt were significant in keeping us in this league, again worth nothing at all.

I hope you will sit in your seat smugly next season, glad he''s gone and no longer here to annoy you. Wonder how we will do without him? Can''t say I am looking forward to that prospect, though glad some of us are!!

stop getting on his back!!! everything he said is true. warned worthington when we got to premier league not to change it about too much, malky... went  edgworthy... went  svensson mid season... roberts.. went  mulryne went easton... went rivers...went mcveigh... hardly used!! and incame helveg!! jonson!!! doc!!! and the team was distrupted.

this season warned us bout safri, etutu, and earnshaw!!! and said this is the worst squad since he''s been here....

where are we in the league????????

[quote user="hotdog99"]

HUCKERBY...................................

roll on January if i''m concerned,

he isn''t interested,

doesn''t put the effort in,

and for a winger or wherever his proper position is, he''s old,

we should sell him and get some value from him before he isn''t worth it at all............

[/quote]

Yes he looks completely out of place in our team.

Get rid of him and sign somebody up to the same standard as the rest of the team.

Dear oh dear. Some of you really have no idea about football do you?