Sign in to follow this  
beachball

Jarvis playing?

I am totally at a lose to understand how this lad even gets into the squad let alone start. His last performance was shocking. He has a could not care less attitude seems lazy and has no pace,very suprised! ?If this is the future we need help? We have better options and much better youngsters

Yup, he''s not good enough.

Not going to make it at this level as long as he''s got a hole up his backside.

Some of the crowd where i was sitting were shouting abuse at jarvis. I thought this was completely out of order and its not going to do the young lads confidence any good what so ever. If a player is not playing well its up to the manager to get him off, so the abuse should be directed at him!

I agree with you topoftheleague - maybe we were sat nearby - but the abuse RJ was getting was never going to help the situation.Why Spillane didn''t play in midfield instead of Jarvis I just don''t know - blame the ''manager'', not Jarvis himself.

I think Spillane is a much better prospect personally. He can pass the ball around and is probably the only midfielder at the club except Fotheringham who can put his foot on it and play some neat passes. Russell and Breiller are battling players who break up the opposition play but without Safri we are lacking in someone who can run the midfield! Spillane should be given a decent run in the team!

[quote user="topoftheleague"]Some of the crowd where i was sitting were shouting abuse at jarvis. I thought this was completely out of order and its not going to do the young lads confidence any good what so ever. If a player is not playing well its up to the manager to get him off, so the abuse should be directed at him![/quote]

You must be near the snake pit where I am.

There is always some tos.er there slagging one or other of our players off, it`s normally Doc but in his absence Jarvis has taken up the role.

Jarvis was poor today and looked off the pace, which ever way you look at it though, booing him is not going to help. 

We looked real relegation material today, a good start, lots of missed chances, poor management decisions followed by a total loss of confidence, a slice of bad luck and disaster.

Rossi Jarvis, like his brother Ryan, are simply not good enough to play professional football at Championship standard. Both should be released or sold ASAP to free up wages. There is no point carrying players in the squad who cannot at a push ''do a job'' and at least get stuck in and be a nuisance to the opposition. These two are the most over rated pair I have ever come across at Carrow Road. Our youth academy has been an absolute joke for over a decade now.

id like to make the point that Rossi Jarvis is a center back and was being played in Midfield today.... but dont let that stop any of u slagging him off!

6 months ago u all wanted him in the team!

jas :)

I beleive all the kids should be allowed to progress without  fans getting on their backs it is far to early to judge them although a loan spell at a lower grade might due them more good instead of playing in a struggling  side .

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

id like to make the point that Rossi Jarvis is a center back and was being played in Midfield today.... but dont let that stop any of u slagging him off!

6 months ago u all wanted him in the team!

jas :)

[/quote]

I dread to think what would happen if Rossi Jarvis played centreback for us in this league, he/we would get murdered. He can''t run, he''s not particularly strong and he doesn''t actually read the game that well (too slow to react).

Like his brother he was probably good at his age group when he was a young lad but just never going to make the grade to play senior football at this level.

I''ve never wanted him in the team, having watched the lad in reserve games down the years I''ve always been of the opinion that he''s far too limited to be a success at this standard of football. So far he''s proving me right.

He was shocking v QPR, watch the video back when he lets a QPR player run 30 yards onto goal and then he backs away letting the player get in a shot that hits the post.  Watching the first half today, i was conscious that he had not touched the ball for a while, i noted the time 37 mins, so when did he next touch it?  43 mins, so it was a minimum of 6 mins but nearer 10 mins without him touching the ball.  Then he proceeds to lope about the pitch running close to the opposition players, making it look like he''s involved in the game, but having absolutely no impact on it whatsoever.The worst bit about this for me is the fact that his wages are (possibly) £1,000 to £2,000 per week!  Nice work if you can get it!

Isn''t this the same message board which always slags the managers for not giving the youngsters a chance - how fickle - perhaps you know why now.

[quote user="Freddy H"]He was shocking v QPR, watch the video back when he lets a QPR player run 30 yards onto goal and then he backs away letting the player get in a shot that hits the post. 

Watching the first half today, i was conscious that he had not touched the ball for a while, i noted the time 37 mins, so when did he next touch it?  43 mins, so it was a minimum of 6 mins but nearer 10 mins without him touching the ball.  Then he proceeds to lope about the pitch running close to the opposition players, making it look like he''s involved in the game, but having absolutely no impact on it whatsoever.

The worst bit about this for me is the fact that his wages are (possibly) £1,000 to £2,000 per week!  Nice work if you can get it!
[/quote]

But i ask one question.....what influence can a CM have on a game when the defence choose to play over them or we use our outlet on the wing? Our midfield have not dictated a game for yrs!Its not just Rossi''s fault.

Is it a coincidence that when he goes away with England he does DICTATE? No thought not.....

Again another example of our "fickle" fans as Jase so rightly said. Can you imagine what its like for a youngster playing out there?!

Oh Freddy H....he didnt touch the ball for 6 mins.....BC scored yesterday in the 47th minute...our fans didnt sing again till the 81st when we scored....is that acceptable?

You obviously don''t remember Victor Segura, then - and those pair of Dutch Jokers signed by Hammy.

For my money Rossi had a bright start yesterday - along with the rest of the team. The defining moment was when Adam Drury went off, injured. The team always plays 50% worse without him. I expect an "ambitious" club will snatch him up in January.

Ian Murray can not play at left back - we have no cover for this position.

It has to be said that Jarvis looked well off the pace yesterday - particularly in the second half I can''t remember him doing anything much - and this was after a poor performance at QPR.  However, what we don''t need is for people to get on younger players backs continually.  They need the experience to learn from, and yelling abuse at them is hardly helping - if we aren''t careful we''ll end up with another in the Henderson/Llewellyn mould, of a promising player who has his confidence shattered by his own supporters. 

IMO, though, Spillane already looks the business - but as a midfielder; I can''t actually believe he is still only 18 and is a full year younger than Rossi, he seems to have the confidence and composure on the ball that Rossi doesn''t and seems to be able to see what''s going on far better (perhaps this is why they want him to be c/b but imo that is a waste).  What I can''t understand is why he wasn''t in the side ahead of Rossi - I can only assume it was because of the injury he recently had, any other reason to play Rossi in preference is lost on me.  I do wonder whether he''ll bugger off if he doesn''t get a longer run out in the side soon, as he looks better than most of what we have, senior players included.

CUSDP, I agree with your point about the defence playing the ball over the midfield, however during that 6 to 10 minutes he never once dropped back to give the defenders an easy pass to him and make himself space to enable him to dictate the game.I have not seen him play for England youth teams so i cannot comment on that.If the fans have so much influence on a game, how do you explain that

park teams can win games with just one man and his dog watching?  Fans not signing is acceptable, we pay to get in and don''t have to sing if we dont want to!  Players are paid very well to play football, regardless of age, quality or ability, is it acceptable that they do not put in the commitment and effort on a matchday?

Jarvis was better than spillane when both were in midfield and he does have something about his, but he has got worse game by game - he does need to be dropped.  But Spillane is not an option either judged on all his efforts so far this season