Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

It was the moaners who chased out Chase!,

That pre season sport of ''moaning about moaners'' is upon us again. And as I am one of the accused, it set me thinking.

There are certain supporters of Norwich, who don''t always tow the party line, thank Gawd, who may critisise certain actions by the board and manager, and get accused of not supporting the club or players, know nothing about the game, and being disloyal. I am proud to be in that camp!.

Remember the get Chase out campaign?, some of us got crucified for wanting him out, on a snowy boxing day we where charged by the boys in blue on horseback. I was spat at by a few fellow ''true'' supporters, Countless protest meetings were held, and in the end, well you know the rest. Delia came on board, and look where we are now. This was against the offical club line.

Huckerby, we were told the club ''could''nt afford him'', there was a campaign, although you cannot claim it was her actions alone, a lot of it was inspired I believe, by City Angel on these boards, and she got slaughted by the ''loyal'' fans for it. You know the outcome, again against the clubs policy at the time, and Mr Doncasters words.

What I''m trying to say and making a complete hash of it is, sometimes you have to moan, be it new signings, manager, players and boards performances, because at the end of the day, thats the only course of action left to fans to demostrate their feelings and views.

It does''nt mean they''re not true fans, or are being negative, they just care about City in a different way. They certainly don''t deserve to be hated!.

I salute the 1500 who risked personel injury to moan about the overweight one, and in the end helped carry City into a new and exciting era,

You''re all City hero''s in my book. Don''t boo players at matches but otherwise, carry on moaning!.

I hear what you are saying 1st Wiz but at the same time is it right that we moan about a player (Youseff) before he has even set foot in the City. He may come here and click in the team just like that and may prove to be a revelation. On the other hand he may be absolutely awful which then would be the more appropriate time to moan. The last thing we all want is a player to get wind of the supporters moaning about him before he has even kicked a ball because that would not do his confidence any good at all. Having said that if Worthy was about to sign most of the old highly paid players suggested on here then I would moan but at least Youseff has a few years in him and is not costing the earth so lets give him a chance.

Hope you are getting the DVD to relive the golden moments of last season.

I agree Mr Wiz,

It is everyones right to complain, but as long as it is good informed debate and not knee-jerk, uninformed, ramblings. Not complaining when you believe an injustice is occuring is appeasement. Not that I''m comparing Chase with Hitler, but I think both would be the first to admit they made a few errors of judgement.

Even though I was only 12 at the time I also joined in the Chase out chants from my seat in the south stand. I was never charged by police horses. My dad wouldnt have allowed it!!!

Its not Safri''s playing ability what worries me NavMan, more his dubious discipline record, not to mention walking out on his club with I believe, a year left on his contract.

Still you''re correct, lets give him a chance, although my feelings are, he could upset the fine spirit in the squad.

And yes, I will be getting a DVD, if its Region 2 that is. My player throws a wobbly if its Region 0, and its a top range machine. Any details yet?.

The last two DVDs I got from the club were Region 2 so I imagine this will be as well. Am surprised they were selling Region 0 DVDs.

Wizard you are a wise man. The only comment I can offer the "moaners" is let''s not be too hasty.

A lot of people were clamouring for Nigel to go after the ""disappointment" of finishing 8th in 2003. Although 8th was not great, we should have been able to see that Nigel was going somewhere and had a managerial effectiveness not seen round these ''ere parts for a good ten years.

I guess being a fan is all about balancing disappointment with realism.

I didn''t "hate" Mr Chase, but I disliked him immensely. Moaning is good for you! although I don''t moan, I "casually observe" and bring it to the attention of others. To air ones discontent, is a friendly way of bleating about something that gets up your nose. We are all guilty of moaning! and any individual who says they don''t, is a teller of untruth''s. Keep on whining & whingeing folk''s, you all know it''s theraputic and good for the soul! "Saveloy"! (or something that sounds like that!)

I remember the "Chase Out" protests as if they were yesterday, only wish I could forget them! Torrid and horrid times indeed........OTBC ;~)

first wiz

wow, someone has upset you, sorry i am largely ignorant about who, as have been absent from these boards for a few days and haven''t gone through every thread

i completely agree with you 100% about chase, yes, me too - i was spat on, kicked, verbally abused by those who said standing outside the ground was NOT SUPPORTING the club - but there you go, everyone''s reasons and opinions are different - i was arrested for taking part in the protests, and on many occasions threatened with raised batons, by police officers!!! Hey, but we were right, and even the most hardened supporter has to realise that now

as for huckerby - well, i think there were quite a few of us at the time (as well as city angel) who were campaigning for him to be signed - a lot of those people no longer venture on this board as they probably don''t have anything to disagree with (sorry moan about!!) at the moment - i like you remain suspicious of some of the things the board get up to and personally don''t trust a couple of them on it - i was personally insulted by munby at the ncfc acle forum for voting "yes" in a vote to "risk the future of the club in signing darren huckerby" that night only about 10 people voted yes. Oh well - there you go, most of us toe the line, first wiz, and i salute people like you who see fit to challenge the mainstream thinking!

so, i will also join the ''moaners'' if i see fit, nothing is ever perfect, and we have to accept that it never will be - but as one who simply doesn''t toe the line, good on you first wiz, remain a rebel, it is so much more fun!!!!

It comes as no surprise to me when I see those on here that were involved that snowy Boxing Day, and were spat at, abused, charged etc. I too was part of that awful period in the club''s history, and was there on that fateful Boxing Day........although Wiz, it was reported as being 1500, but being part of it, it certainly seemed like a lot more......

My point is though, that whilst reserving the right to voice contrary opinions to the ''party line'', it was that period which makes me enjoy this time all the more. Those memories are still so fresh, it now seems like I am supporting the best team, board, manager that the world has ever seen (mind you, maybe that''s because I am!!).

I just think that some of the knee-jerk backlash to the Safri signing on here is out of order - not necessarily you Wiz, I understand what you are saying about his disciplinary record, but I trust Worthy to deal with that - but some of the comments have been unforgivable. By all means moan about him if he doesn''t deliver, but not before.