Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

marshall - wear a cap ffs!

i''m writing this on a laptop in the glare of a full-setting sun.  reminded me of why marshall didn''t wear a cap yesterday for the second half.  he was shielding he eyes with his left hand.  he didn''t move a muscle for the second goal, til it rebounded off the post first time - it was hardly a bullet effort, more placed than anything.  but why didn''t he move??? unsighted by players, thought it was going wide, or more likely he was blinded by the sun. 

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]i  he didn''t move a muscle for the second goal, til it rebounded off the post first time - it was hardly a bullet effort, more placed than anything.  but why didn''t he move??? unsighted by players, thought it was going wide,

[/quote]

option B "going Wide" I voiced my concerns abo0ut Marshall after his 3 howlers vs Southampton.

the 2nd goal he left yesterday was a carbon copy of 1 he conceded at Molineux.. which he left as he thought it was going wide too... A goalkeeper needs better judgement and Concentration than ANYONE else on the pitch...  Marshall seems to not have this.

Also, he drops Howlers galore! its his preference not to have a man on the post.. which backfired Vs Cardiff (he did the same in several other games after that and almost got caught out again....)

I seem to remember him flapping at hull which led them to score.. and Yesterday he came out and punched a ball (which he should of left) straight to one of their players which resulted in the 2nd goal....

theres a reason he was 4th Choice at Celtic.... dont all get excited because he once saved a Ronaldinho Penalty.... he has been a reserve in pretty much all of his career.. getting the odd game here and there... Matthew Gilks on the other hand is a seasoned Pro who has been playing 40 games a season since he was in his teens.... New manager might want to start with a change in goal...Marshall cost us the game with his Error yesterday.

jas :)

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]i''m writing this on a laptop in the glare of a full-setting sun.  reminded me of why marshall didn''t wear a cap yesterday for the second half.  he was shielding he eyes with his left hand.  he didn''t move a muscle for the second goal, til it rebounded off the post first time - it was hardly a bullet effort, more placed than anything.  but why didn''t he move??? unsighted by players, thought it was going wide, or more likely he was blinded by the sun. 

[/quote]

Maybe - but for a ball across the pen box with 8 yellow shirts between the ball and the goal can anyone justify why no one closed murray down until it was too late?  Once again the midfield were making the 18 yd line rather than trying to win the ball;  thats where the blame for this goal lies 

True

I was there saturday russell and lappin are a waste of time

also our midfield is so deep

no pressure on the ball

had this arguement with a fan on the train about marshall, no pressure on ball from defence and midfield

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]i''m writing this on a laptop in the glare of a full-setting sun.  reminded me of why marshall didn''t wear a cap yesterday for the second half.  he was shielding he eyes with his left hand.  he didn''t move a muscle for the second goal, til it rebounded off the post first time - it was hardly a bullet effort, more placed than anything.  but why didn''t he move??? unsighted by players, thought it was going wide, or more likely he was blinded by the sun. 

[/quote]

Maybe - but for a ball across the pen box with 8 yellow shirts between the ball and the goal can anyone justify why no one closed murray down until it was too late?  Once again the midfield were making the 18 yd line rather than trying to win the ball;  thats where the blame for this goal lies 

[/quote]

Midfield Zipper, do you mean that large empty green area in the middle?

[quote user="gazzathegreat"] Midfield Zipper, do you mean that large empty green area in the middle?[/quote]

LOL!!!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Midfield Zipper, do you mean that large empty green area in the middle?[/quote]

Empty ??  It''s hasn''t been empty all season - just full of opposition midfielders . I swear I can''t remember us picking up a loose ball at either end of the pitch in any match yet.[:(]

and if one of our players had scored it?...."cracker" "sublime effort" "left the keeper rooted" "perfectly placed" and so on.....

On many occasions this yr Marshall has saved us. Thing is he is still young so expect a few errors here and there.....which keepers dont make mistakes? 

hate to say it but i dont rate him at all

before wolves game you rated him best goalie outside prem

one even said he far superior to matt murray of wolves

first of many mistakes this is

same happend on andrew keogh goal vs you, just stood their when i thought he may of saved it or least looked like he cared to try n stop it

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

and if one of our players had scored it?...."cracker" "sublime effort" "left the keeper rooted" "perfectly placed" and so on.....

On many occasions this yr Marshall has saved us. Thing is he is still young so expect a few errors here and there.....which keepers dont make mistakes? 

[/quote]

all keepers make mistakes, but not regulalry... count the number of mistakes Marhsall has made this season and its worrying.. 1 or 2 a season is fine... as everyone is human... but not 1 or 2 a month.. or 1 or 2 a match....

jas :)

[quote user="we8wba"]

hate to say it but i dont rate him at all

[/quote]

I would venture that, actually, you love to say it we8wba.

For the record, I''m not convinced by him either. Blowing £1m on a keeper (when we had just picked up a more than competent one on a free) whilst possessing a threadbare back four and mind-numbingly guileless midfield was one of Grants biggest errors IMHO.

PS Oh, and our forwards aren''t exactly good either.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

I agree and I like him - but I also said at the time that he should be wearing a cap and I believe that it did affect his reaction times.

hey you know what i think you lot are right, maybe we can get gallacher back from scotland or crichton from his armchair and slippers. maybe even better yet we can get gunn from behind the scenes and back on to the pitch.

REALITY CHECK!!!!

Matshall is the best keeper we have and has saved us so many times this season. without him i have no doubt that we would be bottom of the league. stop criticising everything that he does wrong and start thinking where we would be without him, if you want someone to balme, blame the defence and the midfield. they should be closing down the player on the ball if he even sniffs a chance of a cross or a shot, i am yet to see one tackle from a midfielder or a defender on a player with the ball outside the area.

critchon now thats a ledge from his old wba days bring back fond memories

to person who says i love to say it

... i would only think that if wolves were intrested in him

i rate him abit in top half of goalies in league just feel personally he is over rated simply for playing one good game for celtic vs barca was it?

all bout personal opinions i suppose though

Marshall let the ball as he knew he would not have got anywhere near it if he had dived. The goal was defences fault the defence just stood there like lemons and let Bristol have a free shot - I hardly think that''s Marshall''s fault, it must be a nightmare for him to play behind such a poor defence.