Sign in to follow this  
Lonnie Lynn (Common)

OI NORWICH FANS

[quote]why dont we just chill out a bit. We know Delia''s gonna do the right thing. Take a chill pill please now or later.[/quote]

Er, I think you''ll find that might be the problem...

Hear Hear Fuel.

Delia and MWJ deserve loyalty - something that most so called "fans" on this site dont know the meaning of.

I cant believe that some are now harking back to Chase - either short memories, too young to remenber or just plain Ipswich fans IMO!

How calling for the board to go will solve our problems god only knows - some players continue with their "cant do wont do attitude" - these have played under Worthy, Grant and now Duffy and no board or manager changes will have any effect on their self centered egotistical attitude.

I would like to see the back of both Doncaster and Munby but as for the rest as far as I am concerned they offer the best hope we have.

[quote user="hotdog99"]

Hear Hear Fuel.

Delia and MWJ deserve loyalty - something that most so called "fans" on this site dont know the meaning of.

I cant believe that some are now harking back to Chase - either short memories, too young to remenber or just plain Ipswich fans IMO!

How calling for the board to go will solve our problems god only knows - some players continue with their "cant do wont do attitude" - these have played under Worthy, Grant and now Duffy and no board or manager changes will have any effect on their self centered egotistical attitude.

I would like to see the back of both Doncaster and Munby but as for the rest as far as I am concerned they offer the best hope we have.

[/quote]

Sorry Hot Dog why do they deserve loyalty ? and don''t question mine and others loyalty when I have been a supporter of this club for over 30 years and my father before that.

There is loyalty and then there is blind loyalty. The current board have managed our club for the past 10 years after Geoffrey Watling (not Delia Smith) "saved" the club from Robert Chase. Over that period they have sold all the land assets Chase purchased, recieved over £30m in income from our brief excursion to the Premier league and where do we find ourselves as a FOOTBALL team. Debts have increased significantly because of these investments and we now have no money, or certainly not the funds necessary to inject the quality so desperately needed to reverse the fortunes of the team. This board through the decisions they, and only they, have made - decided to heavily invest (in terms of revenues to our club) in infrastructure and off field activities, whilst year after year investing less in players/managers. In fact isales of players service the ever increasing debts relating to these off field "investments". Not uncommon I agree - but it IS the reason we find ourselves where we are.

So why should we as true supporters of this club show loyalty to the board for that ? They are fundamentally the reason we are where we are at the moment. The players aren''t good enough and we haven''t employed managers and coaches good enough to train them. The worrying thing is that it is clear that Delia and MWJ don''t have the funds to turn it round, the Turners do, but will they invest more money when they don''t have ultimate control of where it goes ?

We now find ourselves in a perilious position with a real chance of being relegated to the third tier of English football whilst 24,000 + "loyal" supporters turn up on a match day. Delia comes out with statements about only selling to people who will put their money into the football - how hypocritical - when that has been the thing they ABSOLUTELY haven''t done over the last 10 years! People may say they purchased Huckerby - his wages were initially paid for by a businessman from Diss !, then we bought Ashton (in January of our Premier season) and Earnshaw (with half the Ashton money).

Sorry nothing against them as people, but I for one am not prepared to ignore the mess we are in and say they are the people to manage this club going forward. You may say I am not being loyal - fair enough - I disagree. The problem is the damage is done - the loans need to be repaid, and the only way out is new investment in the team. A new manager will need to work miracles with this team just to get them out of the relegation places - they just aren''t good enough.

If Delia and the Turners stump up significant funds to finance more players for the new manager then so be it, but the signs are not good and history back that up. They (Smith/MWJ) got us in this mess - they need to get us out of it - or if they can''t/won''t they need to pass the reigns on to someone that can.

[quote user="The Judge"][quote user="hotdog99"]

Hear Hear Fuel.

[/quote]

Sorry Hot Dog why do they deserve loyalty ? and don''t question mine and others loyalty when I have been a supporter of this club for over 30 years and my father before that.

There is loyalty and then there is blind loyalty. The current board have managed our club for the past 10 years after Geoffrey Watling (not Delia Smith) "saved" the club from Robert Chase. Over that period they have sold all the land assets Chase purchased, recieved over £30m in income from our brief excursion to the Premier league and where do we find ourselves as a FOOTBALL team. Debts have increased significantly because of these investments and we now have no money, or certainly not the funds necessary to inject the quality so desperately needed to reverse the fortunes of the team. This board through the decisions they, and only they, have made - decided to heavily invest (in terms of revenues to our club) in infrastructure and off field activities, whilst year after year investing less in players/managers. In fact isales of players service the ever increasing debts relating to these off field "investments". Not uncommon I agree - but it IS the reason we find ourselves where we are.

So why should we as true supporters of this club show loyalty to the board for that ? They are fundamentally the reason we are where we are at the moment. The players aren''t good enough and we haven''t employed managers and coaches good enough to train them. The worrying thing is that it is clear that Delia and MWJ don''t have the funds to turn it round, the Turners do, but will they invest more money when they don''t have ultimate control of where it goes ?

We now find ourselves in a perilious position with a real chance of being relegated to the third tier of English football whilst 24,000 + "loyal" supporters turn up on a match day. Delia comes out with statements about only selling to people who will put their money into the football - how hypocritical - when that has been the thing they ABSOLUTELY haven''t done over the last 10 years! People may say they purchased Huckerby - his wages were initially paid for by a businessman from Diss !, then we bought Ashton (in January of our Premier season) and Earnshaw (with half the Ashton money).

Sorry nothing against them as people, but I for one am not prepared to ignore the mess we are in and say they are the people to manage this club going forward. You may say I am not being loyal - fair enough - I disagree. The problem is the damage is done - the loans need to be repaid, and the only way out is new investment in the team. A new manager will need to work miracles with this team just to get them out of the relegation places - they just aren''t good enough.

If Delia and the Turners stump up significant funds to finance more players for the new manager then so be it, but the signs are not good and history back that up. They (Smith/MWJ) got us in this mess - they need to get us out of it - or if they can''t/won''t they need to pass the reigns on to someone that can.

[/quote]

Judge, may you hold court and apply strict sentencing to those in charge of this club. Top post. First class and spot on with your points.

Just one thing, as far as we know, the Diss business person is still responsible for a large part of Hucks wages! But for that man and his generousity, where would we be?

[quote user="The Judge"][quote user="hotdog99"]

Hear Hear Fuel.

[/quote]

[/quote]

brilliant post.

A wonderful and insightful post Judge....spoken like a true "club man/woman".....

A good Judge indeed......

Lonnie Lynn (Common): why dont we just chill out a bit. We know Delia''s gonna do the right thing. Take a chill pill please now or later

yeah bruv, its like well mashed how everyone''s dissing ma homey Delia

there''s so many narks tryin to spoil our fun with their hate crimes

luckily, i aint even bovvered

peace

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

the "right thing" is for her to sell up.. which she wont do

jas :)

[/quote]

Maybe cos there is nobody queing up to buy this heap of rubbish - it is ok everyone saying sell up but it is like you trying to sell something and no one wanting to buy it - she said at the meeting she would sell tomorrow but where are the buyers - perhaps you could enlighten us Jas

[quote user="Bomber"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Maybe cos there is nobody queing up to buy this heap of rubbish - it is ok everyone saying sell up but it is like you trying to sell something and no one wanting to buy it - she said at the meeting she would sell tomorrow but where are the buyers - perhaps you could enlighten us Jas

[/quote]

so if your selling your car you wont put a "for sale" sign up in the window, or put feelers out.. u will just sit there and wait for someone to come in eh?

if Delia offers the club around she will get takers... she needs to want to sell not just say "she might if someone knocks on the door". I gaurentee if she put her shareholding up for sale publically it would get snapped up!

Why do people think no one will buy a championship football club? Torquay have been bought out recently.. and they are a nothing club in an area of the country no one gives 2 hoots about as well! what makes them more attractive than us then bomber?

I dont know anyone as im not involved in business.... do u think the current board should stay in charge then bomber.. based on the FACTS we have seen regarding the financial Mis-management of the club what evidence would u have to say they should stay in control?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Bomber"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

so if your selling your car you wont put a "for sale" sign up in the window, or put feelers out.. u will just sit there and wait for someone to come in eh?

if Delia offers the club around she will get takers... she needs to want to sell not just say "she might if someone knocks on the door". I gaurentee if she put her shareholding up for sale publically it would get snapped up!

Why do people think no one will buy a championship football club? Torquay have been bought out recently.. and they are a nothing club in an area of the country no one gives 2 hoots about as well! what makes them more attractive than us then bomber?

I dont know anyone as im not involved in business.... do u think the current board should stay in charge then bomber.. based on the FACTS we have seen regarding the financial Mis-management of the club what evidence would u have to say they should stay in control?

[/quote]

I saw on the news that Southampton are about to accept an offer for the controlling interest.....£40 million apparently. Strange how NCFC seems to be such a poor opportunity to many....or do they just want to hang on to Smith for the "good times" had......

If offered...we would be win demand. We just haven''t been offered that''s all......

SPOT ON,THEY MUST ADMIT THEY HAVE GOT TO TAKE SOME OF THE BLAME.IF BOTTOM AFTER BURNLEY THEY MUST HOLD THEIR HANDS UP AND ADMIT THEY HAVE GONE AS FAR AS THEY CAN AND HAND OVER TO SOME ONE ELSE AND BREATHE SOME FRESH LIFE INTO CARROW ROAD.