Sign in to follow this  
no1canary

hasselbaink 4 norwich.............

Well said, nolegs! Can''t forget him playing for Chelski a couple of seasons ago at FCR in the FA Cup. If my niece or nephew sulked that much they would go to bed without their bread and jam! We don''t need that sort of attitude, even if he is a decent enough player on his day.

personally i think that if the circumstances are right then we should sign him up.

i think we need someone new someone more premiership style (not saying that it is better then our style) basically all of the premiership strikers score goals. all they want is the ball at their feet and a shot at goal and if we give hasselbaink that then he can score hundreds!

we can leave hucks and svensson to create a great partnership and stun the defenders with the new style of play!

Oh yes please!, I''ve always rated him. Chelsea messed him about a lot in my opinion, what with their stupid rotation system.

Worth two of that Crouch bloke anytime, but it won''t happen, too expensive I reckon for City''s small budget.

For a start, he is going to want far too much money so if he does leave it will probably be overseas, and as Susie b says, he does have a tendency to sulk (he did this also at Leeds). City are going to live or die on team spirit next season, one wrong personality can upset the whole applecart.

Spot on 1st Wiz.

His ''sulking'' was as a result of being left out for tactical reasons... not likely to happen at our place. He''s on £40k though..

HE IS A BIG NAME AND THESE ARE THE PLAYERS WE NEED TO ATTRACT. IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SIGN A PLAYER WHO HAS A PROVEN GOAL SCORING RECORD WHEREVER HE HAS PLAYED. DONT THINK WE COULD TURN DOWN A POTENTIAL 25 GOALS A SEASON PLAYER

I have to say, T07, that the sulking I witnessed was on the pitch and therefore very public. Just because he wasn''t getting things his own way in a match they probably thought they would win easily, he stropped about, putting in very little effort, and berating his teammates whenever he did get any service, even when he then loused it up himself! I wasn''t impressed. I know from what I have seen elsewhere that he can be excellent on his day, but I do have to question whether his total commitment would be there, especially if things are not going our way, which they may not on more than a few occasions this coming season. Anyway, that''s just my opinion and you are all, of course, very much entitled to try and convince me otherwise.

Nick

"Don''t think we we could turn down a potential 25 goals a season player".

No, but he could turn us down. Or the 10-20k per week we would offer him.

Sure, he''s a very good player, but we need to be realistic. And mostly, we need players for whom a move to Norwich represents a real opportunity, and who might therefore put their back into what will be a difficult season. Is a move from Chelsea to Norwich for a relegation fight really that attractive?

Ama

well said DD how is thread still going!I reiterate ncfc...team spirit,team players=premier survival....JFH sweating blood for norwich I don''t think so.

Ama,

My point was that we could not turn away players of his caliber should the oppurtunity arrise. Whoever says that he would not be good enough for Norwich is dreaming. He is a premiership class player. something we lack. Yes 20k a week is a stumbling block but that wasn''t my point