Sign in to follow this  
HookNorton Canary

danish n swedish players

The dane was Perez, but he didn´t play much due to Gronkjaer and Rommerdahl. Nilsson, who plays for my home team, played all the games, having somewhat of a hard time vs Italy and Denmark but being forced to switch to a very unnatural left back vs Holland, actually redeemed himself somewhat. However strong rumours suggest that he is already on his way to Southampton, he is out of contract in Dec so some fee will be involved.

I don''t know about Swedish and Danish players, but I hope we are also looking at the
Czechs. Their second team managed to beat the Germans comfortably. I know we couldn''t afford their top players, but we could perhaps tempt some of the less well known players. If that fails then there is also the Dutch, Greek and Portugese. These teams comprise players who have managed to knock out all the so called favourites to win Euro 2004.

One player I''ve been impressed with is Marek Heinz (might have to check spelling!) for the Czechs - good left foot, good eye for goal, and available for about £1.5 million. Apparently Portsmouth are after him, so I don''t see any reason why we couldn''t stick an offer in. If David Johnson''s worth £3 million, this guy would be a fantastic signing for half the price.

Anyway, I''ll stop dreaming, and get back to scouring Division One squads for our next signings...

Never buy on the basis of performances at a big tournament - it''s too tempting for players to put themselves in the shop window, looking for a better deal. Then once they''ve got it, you never see the same ability again.

True, Old Boy, but we hope that Worthy would know his transfer targets before deciding. I''m only going on this tournament as I''ve never seen Heinz before, but every time I do see him I''m impressed. He certainly interests me more than David Johnson...

Old Boy, you are totally right. Think Poborsky/Cruyff/Hadji/Wiltord and countless thousand others.

But that Czech guy (Heinze or whatever) is a great call - he looks so comfortable on the ball, something that is necessary in the Prem. And he is top scorer in the Czech league so is obviously not just a flash in the pan.

Then we''d have more left-footers than any other team in the country I think!