Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

New norwich manager?

My mate has applied for it, here is a copy of the letter he sent in. 

Vacancy – First Team Manager

Dear Mr Doncaster,

Please accept this letter as my formal application for the above position.

Admittedly, at 27, I don’t have extensive knowledge of the game, but lets face it, some of the past Norwich managers have those extra years and it got the club no-where. Also, I will admit to be slightly lacking in the ‘connections’ department. I don’t actually know anyone in the game, but once saw Rob Newman in McDonalds on the ring road.

In addition, I’ve met Trevor Brooking - I’m an advocate of the plans he has for youth football and I’d like to implement some changes to the youth set up (i.e. try and find some youngsters who can play football).

My managerial record currently stands at 100% - I managed my first game on Saturday and we won 5 – 1.

In addition, I have won countless ‘Master League’s’ on Pro Evolution Soccer for the PlayStation; Premier League’s, FA Cups, League Cups and European trophies on Football Manager; and currently have guided Norwich to top spot on FIFA 08 for the PlayStation 3 (on the ‘Legendary’ setting).

I suppose at this point I need to assure you I’m happy to take the step down to become the manager of a sinking ship, with no financial backing  - countered by the fact Norwich still (despite the appalling circumstances) have some of the best fans in the country.

I wouldn’t go so far as to say I’m ‘The Special One’. But I’m not far off.

Pick me. I dare you.

Your sincerely,

Martin Scent

[quote user="Duffman"]

My mate has applied for it, here is a copy of the letter he sent in. 

Vacancy – First Team Manager

Dear Mr Doncaster,

Please accept this letter as my formal application for the above position.

Admittedly, at 27, I don’t have extensive knowledge of the game, but lets face it, some of the past Norwich managers have those extra years and it got the club no-where. Also, I will admit to be slightly lacking in the ‘connections’ department. I don’t actually know anyone in the game, but once saw Rob Newman in McDonalds on the ring road.

In addition, I’ve met Trevor Brooking - I’m an advocate of the plans he has for youth football and I’d like to implement some changes to the youth set up (i.e. try and find some youngsters who can play football).

My managerial record currently stands at 100% - I managed my first game on Saturday and we won 5 – 1.

In addition, I have won countless ‘Master League’s’ on Pro Evolution Soccer for the PlayStation; Premier League’s, FA Cups, League Cups and European trophies on Football Manager; and currently have guided Norwich to top spot on FIFA 08 for the PlayStation 3 (on the ‘Legendary’ setting).

I suppose at this point I need to assure you I’m happy to take the step down to become the manager of a sinking ship, with no financial backing  - countered by the fact Norwich still (despite the appalling circumstances) have some of the best fans in the country.

I wouldn’t go so far as to say I’m ‘The Special One’. But I’m not far off.

Pick me. I dare you.

Your sincerely,

Martin Scent

[/quote]

Wonderful....and very pointed too.   10/10 [*]