Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Is Jewell coming to the Canaries???

There''s just a couple of things I can''t figure out.

Why have Bolton gone after Megson, Coleman and Bruce (with no like) but not a word about an approach for Jewell. I mean put ''Jewell'' and ''Bolton'' into a google search engine and you''ll get tonnes of news articles about the but why didn''t Bolton declare an interest in Jewell from the start. I mean why go after Megson, Coleman and Bruce if you knew Jewell wanted to come to Bolton.

I''m not saying he''s coming to Carrow Road but why wont his name go away, I mean last year, Curbs said straight out that he was NOT interested in the Canaries post, Why hasn''t Jewell or one of his representatives do this?

Here''s a paragraph from todays Bolton news http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/display.var.1776015.0..php

" Whoever they have in their sights it would appear that one-time hot favourite, Paul Jewell, is no longer in the frame.

The former Wigan Athletic manager is believed to have told Wanderers he is not interested in the job."

Where''s the ''I dont want the Carrow Road Job'' statement.

Is Jewell on his way? Is that why the board are taking their time? Is their a huge suprise on the way?

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

Why have Bolton gone after Megson, Coleman and Bruce (with no like) but not a word about an approach for Jewell. I mean put ''Jewell'' and ''Bolton'' into a google search engine and you''ll get tonnes of news articles about the but why didn''t Bolton declare an interest in Jewell from the start. I mean why go after Megson, Coleman and Bruce if you knew Jewell wanted to come to Bolton.

I''m not saying he''s coming to Carrow Road but why wont his name go away, I mean last year, Curbs said straight out that he was NOT interested in the Canaries post, Why hasn''t Jewell or one of his representatives do this?

Here''s a paragraph from todays Bolton news http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/display.var.1776015.0..php

" Whoever they have in their sights it would appear that one-time hot favourite, Paul Jewell, is no longer in the frame.

The former Wigan Athletic manager is believed to have told Wanderers he is not interested in the job."

Is Jewell on his way? Is that why the board are taking their time? Is their a huge suprise on the way?

[/quote]

No. Much as I wish it was true I can''t see why he would come here.

I think you''ll find he''s already there >>>http://www.hull.ac.uk/geogmods/assets/images/BM_canaries.jpg

And he probably intends on spending the best part of winter there. [;)]

NCFC BOARD!!....Just think how many season tickets Paul Jewell alone would sell!...Speculate to accumulate......Find the dosh!..im sure if the offer suited ...You know it makes sense...Its along way back from where we are.....But further from where we are going.......

One of his representatives, friends or whatever did come out to the press early on in the process and say that Jewell would not be returning to football management in the near future and was not interested in our vacancy. Therefore, it could be that''s it from Jewell''s point of view. He''s said it once and sees no need to say it again. It could also be that the Bolton chairman made overtures to him as soon as Lee was given the heave to but received the same reply hence the reason for Jewell never appearing to be a candidate for the Bolton job. Perhaps it was kicked into touch very early on before it got into the public domain.

I think there is a chance he may come here, I know he has managed in the prem and is a highly regarded manager but it may be that he feels a club like us away from the pressured atmosphere of the prem will suit him, he was stressed out at Wigan which is why he left so he may see this as his ideal job. I certainly wouldn''t rule him out and the fact that he can''t take a job before November the 1st which would explain the delay and Mark Barham telling more than 1 person on Saturday that we had been in contact with him makes me think this could happen.

Tom NCFC.    Did not Jewell''s agent state, two or three days after Peter Grant left that he was not interested in in managering a Champingship team. Should he have a change of mind would he resign Jason Jarrett?.

[quote user="sparkie"]Tom NCFC.    Did not Jewell''s agent state, two or three days after Peter Grant left that he was not interested in in managering a Champingship team. Should he have a change of mind would he resign Jason Jarrett?.[/quote]

I think it was one of those "close sources!" that said it....this one is refusing to go away. The bookies are often spot on.....maybe...just maybe!

Perhaps he fancies the challenge and potential of managing a club who had the highest attendance in the football league outside of the Premiership on Saturday.....

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

[quote user="sparkie"]Tom NCFC.    Did not Jewell''s agent state, two or three days after Peter Grant left that he was not interested in in managering a Champingship team. Should he have a change of mind would he resign Jason Jarrett?.[/quote]

No it wasn''t his agent that said it, I think it was someone who new Jewell said he would be surprised if he was ready to return, there has been no official comment from Jewell as far as I know. I personally think he may be ready for a return, he has had 6 months off which often seems to be the length of time most managers take off to recharge their batteries.

What ive heard is that Jewell is norwichs lst choice, but cant do anything till early november when he becomes free. Ncfc are shi****g themselves because bryan robson is getting the sack at sheff. utd and they want him. If it comes down to choice,it will be  sheff.utd, Simon Grayson got interview on wednesday at norwich.

Apparently Jewell is a big enthusiast of old-fashioned steam engines and is keen to come to Norwich due to their proximity to the collections at Bressingham and Strumpshaw.

Expect him to choo-choose us any day soon.

Yes, I''d heard that too and of course it''s well-documented that his best mate in the whole world until he passed away was the legendary Fred Dibnah so there could be something in him wanting to be at a location where he can be actively involved in his No. 1 hobby.  

[quote user="Grando"]Apparently Jewell is a big enthusiast of old-fashioned steam engines and is keen to come to Norwich due to their proximity to the collections at Bressingham and Strumpshaw. Expect him to choo-choose us any day soon.[/quote]

........and presumably he''ll bring his mate Ivor the Engine as as Assistant Manager?

The words "straws" & "clutching" come readily to mind but I love the originality of this idea [:D][:D]