Sign in to follow this  
LinkNR9

Replace the Board - Yes, but with who?

Al Yellow - I think you are indeed being far more realistic then most in terms of investment and agree in terms of automatic promotion. It would be interesting to know the relative cash available to each of the clubs in the division including amount of private investment. Looking at the clubs in the league table I would have thought though financially we should be in the top 10 clubs in the league and therefore we should at least be challenging regularly for the play offs. Consequently, I think we have underperformed our financial position since relegation.

All I can read is money money money......

Has anyone considered that credibility might be the first thing to aim for? It''s no good wishing in a pile of cash if there is someone clueless like Smith and Co. hanging onto the end of it.

It''s respect we need to find...and you have to earn that...not buy it.

[quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"]

All I can read is money money money......

Has anyone considered that credibility might be the first thing to aim for? It''s no good wishing in a pile of cash if there is someone clueless like Smith and Co. hanging onto the end of it.

It''s respect we need to find...and you have to earn that...not buy it.

[/quote]Tis true, mind you what we actually need is a combination of the two, no use having a credible board with no money.

[quote]

OK as it seems that there are a number of people on here who seem to have got stuck in the groove that to be anti-board means solely wanting delia out, let me say where a number of people are coming from including me.

Firstly we accept entirely the good that Delia and MWJ have done and thank them for the money they have put in, however as they have consistently said the Board and the Club should not be dominated by one person (couple) ever again. Alas that is exactly what they have done. So I do not want them out but I do want their shareholding diluted further......

[/quote]

I agree with alot of that, but a change in personnel won`t neccessarily lead to a change of ethos or priorities. It`s the "infrastructure before team" policy which has got us into this mess, and i really think that is what fans should be focussing in on rather than personalities. If the obsession with ploughing money into fixed assets funded by asset-stripping the team continues, then nothing fundamentally changes no matter what new names are brought in at the top.