Sign in to follow this  
Cobain18

John Hartson

I would just like to say that everybody who judged Hartson as a poor signing before watching him play was quite frankly wrong. He had a very good debut and yes he did miss a few chances BUT he was in the right positions and in a game or two (when he gets his sharpness back) you will see him scoring those type of chances. I''m not for one minute suggesting he''ll turn our club round but I feel he was treated slightly unfairly and I for one would like to see his loan deal extended!!!

[quote user="Shyster"]

Oh dear God!

Beam me up, Scotty.

[/quote]

Oh yeh sorry of course, let''s just keep Brown cos he''s a better option. Hartson had more shots in the game than Brown''s ever had playing for Norwich in his career

[quote user="Cobain18"]I would just like to say that everybody who judged Hartson as a poor signing before watching him play was quite frankly wrong. He had a very good debut and yes he did miss a few chances BUT he was in the right positions and in a game or two (when he gets his sharpness back) you will see him scoring those type of chances. I''m not for one minute suggesting he''ll turn our club round but I feel he was treated slightly unfairly and I for one would like to see his loan deal extended!!![/quote]

Is this a joke post? Hartson was poor he will need two or three months to get in shape and someone needs to teach him how to run not jog!!!

look all hartson " fans" keep saying even though he missed alot of chances at least he was in the right areas ...im sorry but at the state this football club is in.. what good is that!

we dont need a overweight, had his day, striker who if the ball dosent come within 5 yards of him he dosent move , we need someone who can score the goals stop defending him!

Oh Dear! Cobain18 sounds just like a sedative. Clearly suffering from the side effects. Time for a bit of postcode prescribing. Keep taking the tablets my boy- you may just see the slim-line Hartson scoring in your dreams!

[quote user="Cobain18"][quote user="Shyster"]

Oh dear God!

Beam me up, Scotty.

[/quote]

Oh yeh sorry of course, let''s just keep Brown cos he''s a better option. Hartson had more shots in the game than Brown''s ever had playing for Norwich in his career

[/quote]I would rather start with martin than brown and hartson put together.If hartson is our saviour then surely we are doomed

lobster catcher wrote the following post at 22/10/2007 8:51 PM:

would rather start with martin than brown and hartson put together.If hartson is our saviour then surely we are doomed...

martin is crap at the moment..out of his depth

so one striker would be better than two would it?..not very clever are you lobster

hartson is fat but he played better than i have seen martin playing.. he was good last year.

not so good now though

[quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="Cobain18"][quote user="Shyster"]

Oh dear God!

Beam me up, Scotty.

[/quote]

[/quote]I would rather start with martin than brown and hartson put together.If hartson is our saviour then surely we are doomed[/quote]

I''m not suggesting he''s our saviour or he''ll save our club; i''m suggesting he''s better than what we have and the fact that he was in the right positions and got more chances than any of our strikers have had all season shows that. Hartson will score for us which is more than Brown has done in about a year and more than our strikers have done in 6 games!

The thing that you all ignore is that hartson can score. And he will score. The thing is he''ll only get to score in the first 10 minutes because that''s all he plays. That''s no good is it really as we are never going to hold out for 80 minutes are we?

[quote user="john"]

lobster catcher wrote the following post at 22/10/2007 8:51 PM:

would rather start with martin than brown and hartson put together.If hartson is our saviour then surely we are doomed...

martin is crap at the moment..out of his depth

so one striker would be better than two would it?..not very clever are you lobster

hartson is fat but he played better than i have seen martin playing.. he was good last year.

not so good now though

[/quote]Martin is crap at the moment,what have you based this on.He hasn''t hardly had a game yet.Out of his depth are you mistaking jarvis for martin?

[quote user="Fellas"]The thing that you all ignore is that hartson can score. And he will score. The thing is he''ll only get to score in the first 10 minutes because that''s all he plays. That''s no good is it really as we are never going to hold out for 80 minutes are we?
[/quote]

Perhaps he would be best used as sub for last 20 mins. or so then? The defence has actually been holding out quite well this season, so if it was 0-0 when he came on he might just do the trick.

And is he really that fat? He''s obviously nowhere near match fit, but I can''t see any evidence of rolls of flab hanging off him in the pics. I''ve seen.

[quote user="ron obvious"]

[quote user="Fellas"]The thing that you all ignore is that hartson can score. And he will score. The thing is he''ll only get to score in the first 10 minutes because that''s all he plays. That''s no good is it really as we are never going to hold out for 80 minutes are we?
[/quote]

Perhaps he would be best used as sub for last 20 mins. or so then? The defence has actually been holding out quite well this season, so if it was 0-0 when he came on he might just do the trick.

And is he really that fat? He''s obviously nowhere near match fit, but I can''t see any evidence of rolls of flab hanging off him in the pics. I''ve seen.

[/quote]

Even when Hartson was 100% match fit he never looked amazingly fit or in shape anyway and that hasn''t stopped him scoring in his career