Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

David unsworth

i see that bolton have pulled the plug on the deal they had with everton. i think the fee wasn''t that much good solid player prem experiance could do a job i think!

Have to agree, a solid player with plenty of experience just the sort of player we should be going for.. if it is a reasonable fee and wages and we should buy him..

I still don''t see / hear about us linked with many defenders and we need to have at least 4 good quality central defenders to last the whole prem season.

Definitely the sort of player to go for, but I doubt Unsworth is an option. No real details have come out over why the deal fell through, but the fact he couldn''t agree a deal with Bolton suggests we woud struggle to offer him an attractive enough deal. Also, I remember when he signed for Villa, but then his wife complained about it,so that he went to Everton almost immediately. Perhaps she would be a big stumbling block!

True, would look like a sound signing.

As for being linked... we weren''t linked with Safri, or Huckerby, or Svensson, or Crouch....

Worthy is very good at keeping things under his hat, so we must assume there are some defenders under there too. At least, I hope there are!

Ama

Good player, proven experience but also cant leave the north west; he left the hammers and then villa because his wife was homesick for merseyside.

OTBC

There would be no fee involved as he is out of contract; the deal with Bolton broke down because the Board at the Reebok wouldn''t sanction the signing, for what reason I do not know, but Allardyce is reportedly fuming about it. All that said, there is about as much chance of him leaving the north west as there is Zidane signing for us on a free for £2k per week.........!!!