Sign in to follow this  
Swifty McVeigh

I hate you Moaners !!

After reading some of the messages posted about Safri on here I really do wonder why some of you people bother to support Norwich or go to the games !!

Although I had no idea we would sign him, he is a QUALITY player - last year at Carrow Rd he and Gary McAllister tore our ''passing team'' to complete shreds - Completely dominated us !! We were hanging on for the last 40 minutes for the draw !!

In my opinion some the moaners amongst us probably only listen to the games on the radio, have no idea what goes on in the real world and were last seen at Carrow Rd 30 years ago !!

Safri is a better player than Gary Holt and will start alongside Francis against Palace !!

Some of you people need to get a grip and get behind the boys, rather than winge on here !!

here ,here.wait till the season starts if we dont win first 10 on trot they will be baying 4 nw blood you see.

Have a good old moan about the moaners Swifty, get it off your chest! Nothing better than venting one''s spleen to relieve a bit of frustration. Although I prefer "dislike" as opposed to "hate". OTBC ;~)

Well said Swifty - I have been reading the posts over the last few days as surely must the players - many have been most depressing. I have said it before, lets get behind the players and support them and moan about other teams players - not our own!

Here, here! Even after the storming season we had last season there were still people wanting to have a moan, who didn''t think any of our players or NW''s tactics were good enough and who didn''t seem to ''support'' Norwich at all.

I always say, if you want to have a moan, a) tell us what you would do instead, and b) tell us which team you manage so much better than NW and co do!

So go on then moaners: which players would you sign? And I''m not talking fantasy football or CM04. These have to be players that a) we can afford (fees and wages), b) want to come to Norwich and c) are the right kind of player in terms of ability, position and attitude.

So people who say things such as ''I''d rather have Poyet''... would you rather have him even if he didn''t want to play for Norwich?

To my mind, a 26 year old international for 500k, who wants to play in the Prem, is prepared to move to Norwich and probably doesn''t want huge wages, who has played in the Prem before... well its a start.

I really REALLY hope we take the attitude that the Portsmouth fans took to their 5-0 thrashing by Arsenal earlier this year. Lets face it, we''re not EXPECTING any points from the 2nd, 3rd and 4th games of the season are we? We may shock someone, but lets focus on beating a few of the teams ''around us'' and enjoy the rest of the games.

Unless of course your form of enjoyment is to have a good moan.

Ama

I agree that we should definitley give the guy a go, but stating that he is "a better player than Gary Holt" is some statement Swifty. Firstly, we don''t know if that''s true and seccondly what is that going to do Holt''s confidence! Holt has been outstanding ever since he came to the club. I can''t see Safri walking in and replacing him just like that

Saffri better than four lungs!!I''ll wait to be convinced about that one.But i just love people who moan about the moans of other moaners!!

First things first Swifty, who died and appointed you God?. As a loyal supporter, and not a blinked ''yes'' man as you appear to be, who IS concerned about City''s survival in the premiership, I will damn well moan if I think a signing for City is bad.

I believe Safri would looked more at home on the pitch with a cudgel than a ball, savy. His disciplinenary record is quite appalling, and I don''t believe he is fit to tie up ''three lungs'' boots.

Whether a fan goes to games (I do) or listens to uncle Roy on the radio, is irrelevent, you do not know that supporter''s personal circumstances anyway!!. But that does not make their views less valid, or their understanding of the game any less, than your self appointed chief fan, attitude. Or indeed that they have no idea of real life and should get a grip, what arrogance!.

At games, I always, always get behind the team, and will always do so. But on these boards, if I have an opinion, I will not keep quiet about it, just to please supporters who may or may not HATE me, your words not mine!.

I shudder to think what you might suggest the treatment for Safri should be, two months into the season, if I''m proved correct about his attitude. The death penalty maybe?.

Hate is a word often used by the young, if this is your age bracket, I suggest you grow up very, very quickly, and if your older, may I respectfully suggest you get some treatment for your serious ego problem!.

This piece of 1st Wiz trash is not realy you, or is it? Arrogance and get a life etc is your way of resorting to use of the pen as a bludgeon. Or perhaps you allow your offspring to read such brow beating rubbish, and say this is an example of the way to air views on paper, hoping that junior will respond in a physical and verbal like manner from the stands, as he stands beside his Dad the pillar of virtue accusing Safri of deserving the death penalty, for his expected so called exploits on the pitch for Norwich City. There are many things that are readily done by the younger members of our society, some are abusive, some involve themselves in car crime, some are loud mouthed, and there are some who actually, thankfully, behave in a decent manner. British society as a whole has lower moral and ethical values judging by media reports. Nothing to be proud of here me-thinks. Egotistical 1st Wiz, Yes!! Grown up! certainly not!! Savy!!!

I wonder how trusting half the posters on this site would be of Worthy''s transfer dealings if he would of got Hulse, O''Conner or Taylor last year?

When it comes to buying players I dont think ''Worthy''s bought him so he must be good''. This does not mean that I will not support Safri (I NEVER boo Norwich players) or dont believe in NWs abilities (I have NEVER called for his head).

Well done 1st Wizard,

Maybe ''hate'' was a tad strong on reflection, and I agree, dislike is probably much more appropriate. During my ''growing up as you seem to suggest'' I have noticed that there are two definate types of people on this earth, those for whom the glass is always half full, and you my friend where it is always half empty no matter the circumstances....

Lets stay positive boys and cheer the ladson, not slag them off behind their backs - they deserve better than your comments Wizard. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Keep It Low

Swifty and Belsie: I am never ashamed of myself savvy!. What part of my posts did you two not understand?. At games I have never, never booed players, unlike some of the so called supporters in the Barclay have!. Gunny, Iwan and Svennson remember?.

Am I not allowed my opinion on new signings without both your approvel first. My judgement is made on THEIR past performances and records, not mine. An opinion which is my right to express, even if it may be negative sometimes, I''m no ''yes man'' I''m afraid.

If that offends you, well, I can do nothing about that, can I?. My glass is always full Swifty, when it comes to City, I have no space left to hate fellow posters and fans, even if they do disagree with me.

And Belsie, you have never agreed with my posts much anyway, so at least your reply was true to form, and just as easy for me to dismiss, savvy!.

PS Beelsie: My offspring as you put it, has his own mind, is a city supporter, home and away, and often disagrees with his ''old man''.

Oh, and I nearly forgot, he has so many qualifications in English lang and lit, it makes my head dizzy. He is far more qualified than I will ever be, maybe even you, and he is quite able to decide what he reads, OK!.

Is my ego big, too true, savvy!.

!st wiz, you are right in this respect, i do not agree with most of your posts, but will defend your''s and my right to voice them in an agreeable manner. I am thankful that your offspring has the guts to disagree with you. Hopefully you, will have the good manners to listen to him with more good will than you showed to the other poster that introduced the thread. As for his academic acheivements, good for him, I can only wish him well in whatever is his chosen path. As for your posts I generally find them quite amusing, it is your method of taking an expletive sledgehammer to drive home a sometimes interesting point of view, even if it often opposes mine, savvy!!

beelsie: I take all your points on board, all very well put and valid. Do I use a sledgehammer?, if so, then I''m dissapointed in myself for doing so, I will try and watch out for it in the future, although you will no doubt correct me should I fail.

One problem however, if my son does disagrees with me, its difficult for me to send a grown man to bed, for that foul and evil crime!.

Wow, Wiz, this has really got your (three horned) goat hasn''t it? I don''t think that I have ever seen such an obviously emotional response in any of your myriad of posts - I always had this image of a serene all seeing being...This feelings expressed in this post are approaching Yankee-like proportions!

Bloody hell Plastic Scouser, were they that bad!. I''m not entirely sure if being compared to old YC, is a compliment or insult, my valued poster friend.

At the moment, Pluto is in the 7th house I''m afraid to say, and that damn planet does strange and nasty things to the old wiz!, the usual normal serene service, will soon return with the coming of the great conjunction, just in time for the mighty Man U, they have been warned!.

Hi! 1st Wiz, seeing that he''s in the manhood stage of development I would assume that such drastic and Draconian measures would not be well received by an, all be-it chip off the old block( he must inherit some of your fire, as well as a well chosen fraze or two, which will be driven in to the quick with the appropriate tool). You get my drift!!