Sign in to follow this  
Steelsilver

Jewell to be named Manager start of November !!!

Currently he IS away on holiday contrary to sighting reports, but I believe from digging out reports from National papers and other reports that he will now defeinately be named as the new Norwich F.C manager when he returns from holiday. He is only available from the 1st November and will be named ahead of the derby clash with Ipswich Town on Sunday, November 4.

reading this snipet of one of the reports i found helps me to believe this is almost 100% defeinately the case.

from club director Andrew Turner that whatever happens there must not be a "penny pinch" solution to the biggest dressing room appointment of this boardroom''s lives and then add this little gem from the Bolton Evening News yesterday: "The suspicion being he has a clause in his severance contract with Wigan disqualifying him from joining another club until November" and a possible ''Jewell in!'' scenario emerges.

For those who like a good detective story, the Guardian ran a line on Friday linking Jewell to the Reebok vacancy, but revealed that the ex-Latics boss was currently away on a family holiday in Dubai.

Given this is prime appointment time for any manager of his calibre, that would then tally with Dave Whelan''s reported insistence that his former Wigan manager not reappear back on the managerial circuit until late autumn.
So either Bolton chairman Phil Gartside has decided he cannot afford to wait until November 1 when Jewell potentially comes up for grabs. Or else he has already approached the former JJB Stadium hero and been roundly knocked back - hence his chase for Steve Bruce at Birmingham, Gary Megson at Leicester and Coleman at Real Sociedad.

I''m not a betting guy, but now my moneys on Jewell - watch this space

[quote user="Steelsilver"]
So either Bolton chairman Phil

Gartside has decided he cannot afford to wait until November 1 when

Jewell potentially comes up for grabs. Or else he has already

approached the former JJB Stadium hero and been roundly knocked back. 
[/quote]Don''t get me wrong I really want this to happen, BUT.... has there ever been a case of manager choosing a championship club over a premiership club? No. And there never will be.

I hope and pray that you are right.

I don''t want another pardew assistant in Parkinson or ....

"However, it is understood that Stoke City boss Tony Pulis, former Leicester City manager Martin Allen
and Norway boss Aage Hareide are also in the running for the Norwich job."

.... Anybody else the pinkun puts forward as ''in the running''.

All Crap!

Bruce or Jewell, Final.

Anybody else and the Fans will go nuts!!!

Cheers All

I agree, no way would I be happy with Parkinson, Jewell would be a great appointment, but somehow I can''t see it, would he choose us over a Premiership club?  As for Hareide, I would love to see him return, he has all the right qualifications, But, and its a big but, could we even afford the compensation that Norway would demand, I am sure he is not on Sven type wages but it''s bound to be more than we can afford.

I don''t want to dampen anyones enthusiasm but if assuming Megson goes to Bolton, if you were in Paul Jewells shoes would you want join us or Leicester at the moment.

Paul Jewell quit Wigan with these words when asked if it was because another Premier team had come in for him, ''I''m going only for health reasons and will not manage another ''PREMIERSHIP'' team. I''d really like 6 months away from management.

With Jewel being known to keep his word, i do not believe he''ll manage another premiership team, but that does not exclude teams like Norwich etc.

Paul Jewell quit Wigan with these words when asked if it was because another Premier team had come in for him, ''I''m going only for health reasons and will not manage another ''PREMIERSHIP'' team. I''d really like 6 months away from management.

With Jewel being known to keep his word, i do not believe he''ll manage another premiership team, but that does not exclude teams like Norwich etc.

[/quote]

....fair point, but if it is true and he does take over, it doesn''t bode too well for his ambitions for us, does it??? Indifferent [:|]

Paul Jewell quit Wigan with these words when asked if it was because another Premier team had come in for him, ''I''m going only for health reasons ....................''

[/quote]

Well I hope he''s got plenty of health cover if he ever comes here then .............