Sign in to follow this  
beelsie

What's Worthys' obscession with adding weight to the front line?

Is it because our defence has a bad habit of defending too deep? Does he think that if our front line is stronger they will be able to keep the ball upfield longer and more effectively? Will that mean that if this is so, our defenders will have a greater chance of taking control earlier and being more effective in midfield, thus allowing Greeny to take better care of the six and eighteen yard areas, and martial the back four more effectively? Thereby having more effectively organised delegation of duty for those principle four at the back. They have seemed to be a bit haphazard in spite of great effort put in, and on occasion, and at times a trifle lucky. This is not a pop shot at Worthy, for he has my utmost respect for what has been acheived. It is just that I''m looking for the policy behind the move to strengthen what seemed to me to be a well filled attack. What do you lot think?

If you''re referring to David Johnson, I think it''s all just rumour and it shouldn''t be worried about. Most transfer gossip is just the papers putting 2+2 together and getting 26. Another major influence is agents trying to get their clients'' big-money moves.

And there is a 5% chance that it is truth.

And also, we only have Svensson, McKenzie and Hucks as choice if, as expected, Bentley is used as a midfielder. So there is room for another striker yet.

I reckon we will sign 1 striker, 1 midfielder and 2 defenders before the start of the season (which is 6 weeks away).

There is plenty of time to get the right players. If you look at all the other Prem clubs none of them have made many transfers.

I see your point Beelsie. I agree that we certainly need at least one other defender. But you aren''t going to do that well in the Premiership if you can''t hit the back of the net. I know we have strikers who can do that, but maybe Worthy wants another one. I wouldn''t read too much into the Johnson rumour. We haven''t got £3M to spend on a player

Thanks for the response, i''m personally more worried about the grip of midfield. however i''d be happy if we could get a quick hard tackling mid-fielder and a quick left sided cover for Drury. I''m thinking more about what we will be able to afford in the market that will go along with the increase in wages that are the obvious drawback in the Prem.

bora bora bora!!! let´s be like the japonese and go all out for a win and forget the defences! y not? 1 win = 3 draws therefore logic says 14 wins and 24 defeats equals safety! i think we can manage 14 wins no? i mean we kinda played this system under mike walker the year when we got into europe no? and it worked too!

First of all this isn''t a moan,but we,ve heard it said from people who know more about football than me and i quote "to stay in the prem you have to score goals". With the best will in the world are Matt Svennsson,Leon 20 goal striker''s.I have a theory that Nw has 5 million to spend so 3million on Johnson/Gardner, add Crouch for 1.5, Safri for 500.000 plus a couple of free''s ....fantasy you say we''ll see lets look at the whole jigsaw and not individual pieces and see what side lines up in August before we comment too much on who NW should sign.