Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Burnley v Norwich official match thread

Afraid it''s me covering the game tonight and my record in the office, especially for evening games isn''t great!

Burnley: Kiraly, Alexander, Carlisle, Unsworth, Jordan, Elliott, McCann, Spicer, Lafferty, Blake, Gray.
Subs: Jensen, Harley, James O''Connor, Akinbiyi, Mahon.

Norwich: Marshall, Otsemobor, Murray, Shackell, Lappin, Chadwick, Spillane, Russell, Huckerby, Strihavka, Brown.
Subs: Croft, Cureton, Hartson, Smith, Martin.

Referee: Michael Jones (Cheshire)

[quote user="Cobain18"]Oh great Brown - well that halves our goal scoring threat![/quote]

It has to be said that, whatever your opinion of Hartson, he did create chances and get in positions that Brown so often doesn''t.....but perhaps this is to be the night Brown delivers the goods - we can but hope!

Am a bit disappointed for Rossi; after two poor games it is imo the right decision to play Spillane ahead of him, but there''s not even a place for him on the bench - a bench which at long last includes Smith.

We still have no creative flair in central mid but i guess that''s just because of injury - i honesty can''t see us getting anything from this

[quote user="C.T "]Wheres Gilks???[/quote]

Just noticed that - if this teamsheet is correct that is a bit of a gamble by Duffy!  I''m personally all for it to a degree - the number of times you need a sub keeper is very small - but you just know the way things have been going that it will not come off...

Hmmmmmmmmnnnnnnn Brown, Chadwick, and no Croft.

Duffy obviously does not want the job. What a joker.

Chadwick has been a complete joke this season, how he plays ahead of Croft defies all logic.

Brown, no comment.

Believe me, I want someone to post later that I should choke on my words,

This club boardroom down is a complete and utter farce.

Happy with that team, I think.

Hopefully Brown will set up a couple of goals and shut up the doom and gloom brigade for at least five minutes.

I''ll save my surprise for the name Chadwick...

Spillane and Russell should work well in centre-mid, Spillane looks like he can gee the players up.

2-2 with 10 minutes to go, then introduce Hartson and bag the winner...

Come ON, City!

I''m pleased that Lappin is left back and that Murray and Hucks are playing in their right position but no goalie is a risk unless he''s injured!

Also thought Cureton & Smith would start still what do I know??

3 strikers on the bench - I think we may need them.

If Martin was up front people would not moan, yet he has looked crap so far this season, in fact most of our forwards have struggled, it is the team formation and lack of service that really isn''t helping the situation.People always single out Brown, well maybe it''s about time we supported all 11 players starting tonight. I had a dream that we lost 2-0 last night, now my dreams are always wrong so we may well win, draw of lose anything but 2-0!!!!!

[quote user="Marty"]If Martin was up front people would not moan, yet he has looked crap so far this season, in fact most of our forwards have struggled, it is the team formation and lack of service that really isn''t helping the situation.People always single out Brown, well maybe it''s about time we supported all 11 players starting tonight. I had a dream that we lost 2-0 last night, now my dreams are always wrong so we may well win, draw of lose anything but 2-0!!!!![/quote]Don''t worry, it wont be 2-0.Maybe 3 or 4-0......

[quote user="Cobain18"]And why is Croft not starting?[/quote]

I personally suspect both Grant and Duffy are too scared to start both him and Huckerby on the flanks at the same time.