Sign in to follow this  
eio

greeno contract

i heard from a fairly reliable source that greeno signed a new 3yr contract on friday but haven''t seen any confirmation anywhere..

has anyone else heard anything?

whenever I hear or see those immortal words .....I heard from a fairly reliable source that...., I think, here''s another unlikely event thats never going to happen. I hope I''m wrong in this case but experience has shown in almost all cases those words are unconnected with reality.

I know that it is 100% true - information from a very reliable source - good news.. but reckon he will still be sold at the end of the season!

I don''t want to knock your reliable sources, but if it was true it would have gone on the official NCFC site, so I personally doubt it. But keep your fingers crossed!

that is encouraging, not sure why there has been no press conference or official statement if it has been signed though.. hopefully no last minute hitches / bids!!

usually this means a contract that includes a get out clause..but as long as it says `i can talk to any club who offers £8million` then i am not too bothered!

Sorry eio. But until this is confirmed officially I can only treat it as rubbish. 99.9% of the time as soon as a player signs or extends a contract the news is released immediately to the public and not kept secret, after all what is the point on sitting on positive publicity? Especially when there''s tickets to be sold.

I''d be gobsmacked if Greeno doesn''t leave by the end of next season, if not in January. I sincerely hope I''m wrong, unfortunately loyal footballers are an extremely rare breed now and money will always come first. When that big club comes in for Greeno (as they inevitably do as soon as a player makes the England squad) he''s gonna be just like the rest of ''em.

The contract is in the final stages of negotiation. He is happy enough with it, and it will be signed and you will hear about it soon enough.

BINGO!! it has to be the first time a reliable source comes good!

This sends the best possible message out to all the other prem teams / players that were planning to stay here for a while :)

Superb - simply the biggest signing City will make all year and sends a message to the other clubs that our players will not go cheaply. Super business - well done the club.

I still have the Dave Watson saga in the back of my mind - but now it will take a serious amount to get Greeno out of FCR and no risk of a bosman departure next summer.

Now give us the defender we need...

OTBC

I''m glad your rumour provider was right eio. At least we''ll get a fee for him when he leaves.
I''m glad he''s done it this way and not Kentons.

Although I hope he may just be amongst the rare 0.1% of players who respect a contract.
Well done Greeno anyway.

This was great news, and actually even better ''cos I read it on a billboard whilst walking down St. Stephen''s at about 12.30 pm today. (The passers-by looked at me as I let out a rather loud ''YEEESSSS''). Imagine, more than an hour had gone by since it broke and I didn''t know anything about it! I hang my head in shame! ''I am not worthy'' - repeat until sore throat comes on!

Top man eio (or woman) all I can say is up the premier league we go!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAGIC

... super, marvellous, smashing, great...

Now, what do all you fellas and ladies think are the chances of keeping him beyond the transfer window in January. I''m a wee bit worried myself...