Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

For all those who think Relegation is coming!

The Coca-Cola Football League Championship Table
22 October 2007 01:00

PGDPTS
1Watford11726
2Bristol City11620

3Charlton11419
4Wolverhampton11418
5West Brom11917
6Plymouth11317

7Stoke11117
8Barnsley12-117
9Southampton11-316
10Hull12215
11Ipswich10015
12Coventry11-115
13Scunthorpe11-115
14Colchester11314
15Burnley10114
16Cardiff11013
17Blackpool11-113
18Leicester10212
19Crystal Palace11011
20Sheff Utd11-310
21Preston11-310

22Sheff Wed11-99
23Norwich11-88
24QPR10-127

We have 35 games left, how o how will we make up that huge gap of.............2 Points!

Get real, we''ll be fine!

Great bit of complacency Tom!

Well we''ve "hauled" a massive one point in the last six games so after the next 12 games we should have got the two you mention.

You really need to look at our form. We way things are going we are in trouble.

Sorry Tom but this is a very naive post and I feel you need to "get real".  It is possible that come tonight we could be out of the bottom 3 but you have to be realistic that we are going to be battling relegation this season unless something changes very drastically.

In the last 7 games we have picked up 1 point from a possible 21 and scored 1 goal.  The players look about as low on confidence as they could, there is no unity or cohesion on the pitch and the team are directionless.  If those factors were placed upon another club I would be thinking that they were heading to League 1 and just because we support City, we should not kid ourselves that it cannot happen to us.  There will be very worrying times ahead this season, you need to preapare yourself for that Tom. 

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

The Coca-Cola Football League Championship Table
22 October 2007 01:00

PGDPTS
1Watford11726
2Bristol City11620

3Charlton11419
4Wolverhampton11418
5West Brom11917
6Plymouth11317

7Stoke11117
8Barnsley12-117
9Southampton11-316
10Hull12215
11Ipswich10015
12Coventry11-115
13Scunthorpe11-115
14Colchester11314
15Burnley10114
16Cardiff11013
17Blackpool11-113
18Leicester10212
19Crystal Palace11011
20Sheff Utd11-310
21Preston11-310

22Sheff Wed11-99
23Norwich11-88
24QPR10-127

We have 35 games left, how o how will we make up that huge gap of.............2 Points!

Get real, we''ll be fine!

[/quote]

Premiership here we come Tom eh?

jas :)

daft as it sounds your 9pts of playoffs, not ideal but not out of touch

im not saying you will get it but 9pts is easily gained specially on someone like plymouth who wont last the distance

Get real!?

Face the facts, unless there is a massive turn around this club is doomed, mate. We do stare relegation in the face. That huge gap of 2 points may well prove too much for us.

This is getting real. Norwich City is in the throws of one of the biggests fights in it''s history. There is more than the small case of two points at stake at the moment, the whole future of our club stands on the brink. We need 100% + improvement on the pitch if we are to be out of the bottom 3 in say 5 games time. Carry on like we are we have not got a hope. Not a hope. As for the board they have major decisions and choices to make.

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

We are going to be battling relegation this season unless something changes very drastically.

[/quote]

Sorry to be optimistic but I feel things are going to change drastically, i''ve got a good feeling about that the board will make the right decision and we will be midtable before christmas!

My point was that the gap is not a big one and for people who already think we are doomed, my message is things have got time to change, it''s not like we are in that position and we''ve only got 5 games to go

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

We are going to be battling relegation this season unless something changes very drastically.

[/quote]

Sorry to be optimistic but I feel things are going to change drastically, i''ve got a good feeling about that the board will make the right decision and we will be midtable before christmas!

My point was that the gap is not a big one and for people who already think we are doomed, my message is things have got time to change, it''s not like we are in that position and we''ve only got 5 games to go

[/quote]The board are incapable of making the right decision on anything ,i would be amazed if we are mid-table by christmas have you not seen the fixture list.The gap isn''t big yet but we have only scored once in about seven games whoever comes in has got the hardest job in the world.I wish them well

Tom, 35 games to go.  That''s 105 points plus the 8 we already have in the bag.  That''s 113 Points !!!!!!!!!   

If Only !! 

There''s an often quoted football saying that the time to look at the league table is after 10 games because that is enough matches to give a fair idea of the standing of all the clubs. We are second from bottom because we are very very poor and we will remain like this unless something is done to change things.

The new manager may well be able to do this, although personally I feel it is one hell of a task. We have to rely on the board to make the right choice as the consequences are dire. Confident that they will do are you?

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

On what grounds do you base this optimism?

The team is not good enough and won''t become good enough simply by replacing the manager. The damage was done in the close season when we lost Earnie, Saf and Etuhu and replaced them with third raters. We are now reaping the only to predictable results of this policy.

I like your optimism. Makes a nice change.

We aren''t dead and buried. Of course we are if we keep playing like this, but let''s face it, it isn''t going to get any worse and a new manager will bring in a coach - something we haven''t actually had this season.

The squad isn''t that bad. Just because Hucks says so doesn''t make it so. But a full compliment of players would be nice, so we can see what it''s capable of. Then the new manager can tinker and add where it''s needed.

There are a lot of people wallowing in our current predicament, and you get the feeling that a lot of people on this board are rather enjoying it. Which is a bit sad, really.

Your optimism isn''t catching it would apprear Tom NCFC. But you have aright to look at things how you want to. Keep it up.

I see things a bit like the ocean going super-tanker scenario.. On the open seas'',  a tanker can take up to ten miles to come to a stop, turn around and go back in the direction it came from. Has this club gone down the wrong path for so long and got into such a trough that even at this early stage in the season, for someone to come in and stop the rot and turn things round is impossible before the end of the season?

I really hope not but am more worried now than I have been for many a year!

Look at the table, be positive!, still plenty of games left! Play offs are still on, and we can still win tonight. Duffy needs time to turn us around and will take us to the premiership. Chris Brwon will bag 20 goals yet this season of course.

Please Note: This post contains excessive use of sarcasm!

Sorry Tom but this is a very naive post and I feel you need to "get real".  It is possible that come tonight we could be out of the bottom 3 but you have to be realistic that we are going to be battling relegation this season unless something changes very drastically.

In the last 7 games we have picked up 1 point from a possible 21 and scored 1 goal.  The players look about as low on confidence as they could, there is no unity or cohesion on the pitch and the team are directionless.  If those factors were placed upon another club I would be thinking that they were heading to League 1 and just because we support City, we should not kid ourselves that it cannot happen to us.  There will be very worrying times ahead this season, you need to preapare yourself for that Tom. 

[/quote]

oh and don''t forget they are just plain crap as well!

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m afraid that the club are not as optimistic as you Tom as I have heard that they have already been in contact with Norwich Urban Division of Norfolk constabulary to see how much they save in Match day police bills as a League One Club!!!

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have to say that I kind-of agree wtith you Tom - we certainly do need a drastic change in fortunes, but if you can''t do it with a new manager and 34 games of the season left, then there is no hope for you!  I really can''t understand why people have written us off as relegation certainties so early on - ok we are currently garbage a lot of the time, but we also have 3/4 of the season still to go to turn it round!!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

I have to say that I kind-of agree wtith you Tom - we certainly do need a drastic change in fortunes, but if you can''t do it with a new manager and 34 games of the season left, then there is no hope for you!  I really can''t understand why people have written us off as relegation certainties so early on - ok we are currently garbage a lot of the time, but we also have 3/4 of the season still to go to turn it round!!

[/quote]

Have you SEEN us play this season?!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pickle, I am not writing us off as relegation certainties, just trying to look at this objectively.  Forget this is Norwich we are talking about, any team playing as we are and in the kind of form we are likely to be in relegation battle this year.  I''m not saying we are a nailed on cert to go down but on current form we are the worst side in this league and there is no escaping that fact. 

Things can change very drastically, a look at the table tells you a few wins will drag you out from where we are but at the moment we "appear" to be directionless and a draw seems beyond us at the moment let alone a win or two.  From the pitch to the board room we look like lost sheep waiting for someone to show us the way.  We need a manager now, not next week, we cannot afford to wait much longer because Duffy has simply carried on where Grant left off.  The longer the rot continues the harder it is going to be to stop.

Here is hoping a new manager can put a smile on everyones face and get the confidence back.  Derren Brown for manager maybe?

People have made the point that with 34 games left we should be OK. Given that we currently have 8 points and probably need at least 51 to be reasonably safe we''re looking at having to win around 12 games and draw seven, losing only 15. That''s going to be pretty tough.

[quote user="Grando"]People have made the point that with 34 games left we should be OK. Given that we currently have 8 points and probably need at least 51 to be reasonably safe we''re looking at having to win around 12 games and draw seven, losing only 15. That''s going to be pretty tough.[/quote]

Yep especially considering how we struggled at home.