Sign in to follow this  
NegativeVibes

Steve Staunton - come on down

honestly i know he hasnt picked up many good results most notably cyprus

but look at his squad

v.v.young team, who aim to build for future, they didnt have cat in hells chance did they?

i think theres better managers for your job but he been judged badly i feel

Whilst I hate to drag in religon here, I will. Grant, Duffy, Worthy, Hamiliton all Catholic I believe. Delia is a devot Catholic, ergo!.

Anyone know about Mr Staunton?.[:|]

i know he not irish but super mick managed them

now all he does is buy or loan irish nothing else

we not doing to bad, although our one non irish eastwood doesnt play because he not irish though

Teamed up with Gunn and it''s Laurel and Hardy all over again.......

It surely couldn''t happen...could it?

[quote user="we8wba"]

honestly i know he hasnt picked up many good results most notably cyprus

but look at his squad

v.v.young team, who aim to build for future, they didnt have cat in hells chance did they?

i think theres better managers for your job but he been judged badly i feel

[/quote]

I agree with we8wba.

Even though he wouldn''t be my first pick, I still wouldn''t be unhappy with him.

Ireland didn''t have much quality in their side, except players like Keane, O''shea and Given and when I watched some of their games, you could tell that it would have one day, all come together.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Whilst I hate to drag in religon here, I will. Grant, Duffy, Worthy, Hamiliton all Catholic I believe. Delia is a devot Catholic, ergo!.

[/quote]You are really scraping the barrel now wiz. WTF has anyones religion got to do with their ability as a football manager ?  [:^)]

[/quote]

Italian World Cup winning team?

I thought we got over religious bigotry not too long after Guy Fawkes..

[/quote]

Controversial Wiz as always.

So thats why all the business with Celtic.

We''ll be wearing hoops as away kit next season.

Strachan will be boss next week. 

[/quote]

It''s a trend that''s gone on far too long and needs to be bucked, isn''t it Wiz -- Ferguson, O''Neil & a couple of others do well and the footballing world, where the UK is concerned, thinks Scottish & Irish managers is the way to go.

I can''t be bothered to list the failures, but suffice to say it''s pretty comprehensive.

For every bright bulb in the pack there''s usually a dim ''un - and we nearly always wind up with the latter.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]You are really scraping the barrel now wiz. WTF has anyones religion got to do with their ability as a football manager ?  [:^)]

+

[/quote]

Engage the old grey matter matey..................its just a link that old dotty Delia appears to make imo, jobs for the holy boys if you like.

I guess I''m saying favortisim..........or should that be papelisim?. Two top Scottish clubs have operated like that for years have they not?

Anything is possible where she''s concerned!.

I am sorry but this is the ultimate in drivel.  FirstIdiot is now claiming that our club is run along secular lines like Rangers and Celtic.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

+

[/quote]

Engage the old grey matter matey..................its just a link that old dotty Delia appears to make imo, jobs for the holy boys if you like.

I guess I''m saying favortisim..........or should that be papelisim?. Two top Scottish clubs have operated like that for years have they not?

[/quote]

This Catholic link is one I''d made myself, Wiz and I think you may be onto something here. I believe I read somewhere (maybe I dreamt it!) that Delia and hubby visited the shrine at Walsingham and prayed to the Almighty to help them make the right decision when they appointed Worthy. It will be interesting to see if the next manager is a Protestant, Catholic or even an agnostic!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

+

[/quote]

[/quote]Wiz, you may be right, I hope you''re wrong, because someones religion should have no bearing whatever on their suitability or qualification for the Norwich City managers job. It would truly be a sad day for this club if that were so !!

[quote user="JC"]

I am sorry but this is the ultimate in drivel.  FirstIdiot is now claiming that our club is run along secular lines like Rangers and Celtic. [/quote]

Oh a really clever and original insult JC.

Yes, I am claiming that, its quite logical when you look closely at it..................thats if you have the balls to do it in the first place!.