Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

Gallacher

I take it from the Green extension that Gallacher was all along content to sit on the bench for the next three years Something I must admit that I am very surprised with considering he has a Scotland International future to think about. He must have been informed of Greens''s ongoing contract talks and to me I cant understand why he is happy to sit on the bench and basically give up a couple of years playing.

Probably on the basis that it is unlikely that Green will play every game of the season. It rarely happens (although, yes, it did last season). So he''s number 2 keeper at a Prem club. Look at the other teams'' number 2 keepers and there are some other decent ones there, biding their time....

So its not that surprising, we should have plenty of good players who only make the bench next season.

Ama

probably because premier reserve football is still a higher level than the one up from pub football level he has been playing at!!

You took the words out of my mouth DD. Just because he has signed a new contract doesnt mean he is going to be here three years, especially if we get relegated. The new contract is a very wise move as it will increase his market value and we have what should be a capable understudy in the wings.
Sorry to be cynical but I''ve been around long enough to see what can happen in football. One thing he should bear in mind though is what happened to Richard Wright. A potential England number one keeper to obscurity in three years after leaving the binners when they went down.

well maybe - like any good player - he has confidence in his own ability and genuinly believes he can take the shirt of Greeno, who wants to sign a player thats content to sit on the bench, you want players with ambition who want a challenge and confidence. And anyway, with Norwich having such a reputation for producing top quality keepers, as well as the Norfolk area - who wouldnt wanna move here, especially when he can learn of, in my opinion, the best English keeper.