Sign in to follow this  
Carlos Valderrama

Neil Doncaster

Just been flicking through the official site and decided to read some staff profiles.  Noticed that Mr Doncaster is a trained solicitor and is currently a director of 3 companies.  Forgive me, but surely the Cheif Executive role at a football club is a very demanding and busy position, it must be difficult to juggle this with directorships in not 1 but 3 other companies.

Sack him now and employ a business man in the role.  Can''t for the life of me see how being a solicitor qualifies a man to run a football club. 

Its the old gravy train mate, once your on boad you dont want to get off.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

He was formerly the Club''s solicitor and when the appointment of a Chief Executive in football clubs became the vogue in true style our Board took the easy option and appointed someone in house. I''ve been through some other clubs websites in the last few months and we''re the only one I''ve come across with a solicitor as a CEO. Most take the sensible option and appoint a businessman and in some cases a businessman with a football background. With a CEO as a solicitor that''s why everything at NCFC takes a long time, lacks focus on the business it''s in, why communication is poor and all activities are veiled in secrecy beyond a level which is necessary and which only leads to suspicion and doubt. Just think about your dealings with a solicitor. Have you ever tried to buy a house for example?       

Most take the sensible option and appoint a businessman and in some cases a businessman with a football background.

Exactly, doesn''t being sensible mean the same as being prudent?

I have said for sometime that doncaster is 90% responsible for the current situation. If he had any respect left he would resign his position.
He has proven himself to have no leadership skills and no future vision. exactly how long does it take to find a new manager?

DONCASTER OUT.

It can take time to find a new boss, especially if you want the right one and not a snap decision.  But agree that Doncaster must be responsible for the current situation.  I put it down to the fact that he has no business acumen, after all we seemed to a lot better when we had that bloke from Sainsburys in the role.

Isn''t he taking a masters degree in some kind of business related subject at the UEA at the moment? He needs to be replaced soon.

[quote user="Mark Smith"]Isn''t he taking a masters degree in some kind of business related subject at the UEA at the moment? He needs to be replaced soon.[/quote]

Yes  but I bet its got sweet FA to do with  running a football club.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]

He was formerly the Club''s solicitor and when the appointment of a Chief Executive in football clubs became the vogue in true style our Board took the easy option and appointed someone in house. I''ve been through some other clubs websites in the last few months and we''re the only one I''ve come across with a solicitor as a CEO. Most take the sensible option and appoint a businessman and in some cases a businessman with a football background. With a CEO as a solicitor that''s why everything at NCFC takes a long time, lacks focus on the business it''s in, why communication is poor and all activities are veiled in secrecy beyond a level which is necessary and which only leads to suspicion and doubt. Just think about your dealings with a solicitor. Have you ever tried to buy a house for example?       

[/quote]Do you want Bob Cooper back?

Of course MR DONCASTER is a businessman.......... EVENTGUARD ring any bells with anyone.......they happen to supply stewards.........to football grounds..........and other Norfolk events..............!! Take a look at their website........I''m sure you''ll recognise certain things......

Meanwhile, its awfully quite around Carrow Road at the minute, what''s happening, the silence is deafening!!

[quote user="Grumpy "]

[quote user="Mark Smith"]Isn''t he taking a masters degree in some kind of business related subject at the UEA at the moment? He needs to be replaced soon.[/quote]

Yes  but I bet its got sweet FA to do with  running a football club.

[/quote]Like it [Y]

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]I have said for sometime that doncaster is 90% responsible for the current situation. If he had any respect left he would resign his position.
He has proven himself to have no leadership skills and no future vision. exactly how long does it take to find a new manager?

DONCASTER OUT.

[/quote]

Until they''ve found one that won''t charge more than a packet of Hoola Hoops to do the job.

I haven`t got much time for the man and i thank god that City fans are AT LAST seeing through the bull***t spin regurgitated from the corridors of power at Carrow Rd. but changing the chief executive would be a purely cosmetic move leaving the underlining failing philosophy very much in place.

The club must now put 100% effort and finance into the team on the pitch. Being distracted by projects off it has got us into this mess and if these warped sense of priorities are not reversed the downward drift will continue.