Sign in to follow this  
Mister Positive

The New manager of Norwich City is........

Paul Jewell, how do I arrive at this conclusion?, well its a bit like an Agatha Christie mystery. Firstly the bookmakers have had Mr Jewell as favourite since day one (bookies do not make many mistakes). Secondly Mr Turner stated at the AGM that "NO PENNY PINCHING" would be involved when it came to finding a new manager. Thirdly Paul Jewell has a clause with Wigan that he can''t take up a position till after 1st November (this would explain the time the board are taking). Fourthly everyone assumed that Paul Jewell was going to have or go for the Bolton job, this didn''t happen and Bolton have expressed no interest or desire within the media to get him. Finally Paul Jewell has not really said anything has he? most of the supposed big managers have said No, There has been no contact, Dont know where the story has come from. etc. I think you will see a Paul Jewell, Dion Dublin combination (its already started hasnt it?) The board for those of you who are saying or are worried Duffy will get the job, dream on, the board wouldn''t dare subject the fans to a second or third rate choice after all they have said, so dont panic......Yet

paul jewell is the number one choice.chippy will back this up.the problem is the situation at bramell lane if bryan robson is sacked.2nd choice is crook and the german.this doesn,t mean either will take  the job,but this is the state of play.jim duffy will NOT be offered the job.

I reckon the new manager will be...................................................Fred Flinstone, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck with Pinky and Perky as the assistants!!!! LOL!!!!!!

So all you guys who seem to want to take the Pee out of the post, can you not see any of the points I made in it add up to anything? I was trying to be subjective, and as much as I really, really want Jewell as manager, I thought I had just put together a list of things, that seem to me to point the way towards Paul Jewell being our next boss. Stranger things have happend remember Tevez & Mascar...whatsit going to West Ham nobody in the footballing world would have believed that would they?

Mister positive I for one found your post an interesting read in which you make some valid points, my concern is our board and the prudence that walks hand in hand with them.

Jewell would come at a considerable cost to the club and this I feel would be the stumbling block. I really hope you have got it right. It would not be beyond the realms of posibillty that donkeycaster or Mumby  could have travelled to where ever he is holidaying is it?

For the record if it''s not Jewell  my preference would be the german and Crook.

Now to be shot down in flames.[:D]

Hi Mister Postive.

Jewell is in my top 3 to be manager and as Andrew Turner has said its not a time for penny pinching. So, if he wants to come I hope we can afford him. If not I''d like Hareide or the ex Sydney pair.

Sorry I wasn''t intending to take the pee if thats what you were thinking regarding my post!

I don''t think it will be Paul Jewell (as much as I want it to be) because the Board have constantly said how they need to find a new man ASAP and I can''t see them holding out for yet another week on the hope that Paul Jewell might actually want the job which sounds unlikely enough to me as it is, on top of that they have already interviewed several people for the job so I can''t see it happening myself.

London Canary, I thought that the board said that Duffer was in charge until after the Baggies game, so that would mean that an appointment will be made after 27th, but by the Scum game 4th Nov. As for the interviews of other candidates is that not somekind of double check to confirm that they are 100% sure they have the right man for the job?

I can see them holding out for another week if it were clear Mr Jewell was interested. I would hope, on behalf of the fans, they were willing to take such a step. We have had enough quick fixes. Time to go for broke and get in someone with experience and ability, and stop papering over the cracks. Paul Jewell would at least signal ambition and intent.

Most jobs involve interviewing lots of people who have no hope of securing that position. A company can only interview people who apply - unless they head hunt actively. Maybe they are doing just that? Let''s hope there really is some strength in the latest thinking that they have to wait until Nov 1st to appoint him and that the deal is already done. Believe me I have precious little faith in the board, but am hoping that this could happen.

I thought they said or I read somewhere that they had interviewed 5 last Tuesday and were interviewing the other short listed canditates yesterday which is probably why Doncaster was seen in Norwich last night and not Burnley ( maybe just got back from London)

I''m expecting an appointment this Sat before the WBA game.

It now looks like one way or another the new boss (please, please God, Jewell) will be announced sometime today 12.30 I would think. So remember guys everything crossed and pray to the footballing Gods.

[quote user="Mister Positive"]

It now looks like one way or another the new boss (please, please God, Jewell) will be announced sometime today 12.30 I would think. So remember guys everything crossed and pray to the footballing Gods.

[/quote]

Ive got my fingers crossed [H]

Cant see it being 12.30.  Something would have been announced by now.   Its going to roll onto next week, you can just see it will.