Sign in to follow this  
Buncey

24,000?!

Well the official attendance was 24,125. I didn''t think empty seats counted. Well I think it''s about time we actually started using the proper figures rather than the make believe ones.

[quote user="Fellas"]Well the official attendance was 24,125. I didn''t think empty seats counted. Well I think it''s about time we actually started using the proper figures rather than the make believe ones.
[/quote]

Reminds me of the speculation at the end of the Chase regime as to what the attendance at games were. Time for the club to show again the % who actually turned up. Why have they stopped doing it for this season?

They give 2 figures when they read out the attendance, the official attendance figure, which is the number of seats sold, which includes your 20,000 season ticket holders and a turnout percentage, which is the percentage of people that turned up to use their seats. So an attendance of 24,000 with a turnout percentage of 90% is an actual attendance of 21,600.Hope that helps, I''ve never understood why they do it that way.

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

[quote user="Fellas"]Well the official attendance was 24,125. I didn''t think empty seats counted. Well I think it''s about time we actually started using the proper figures rather than the make believe ones.[/quote]

Reminds me of the speculation at the end of the Chase regime as to what the attendance at games were. Time for the club to show again the % who actually turned up. Why have they stopped doing it for this season?[/quote]

Have they stopped doing it ?  Hadn''t noticed - oops ! 

So if we played behind closed doors, they''d give an attendance of 20,000...

Perhaps they don''t want to report the actual attendance as it would show people leaving in droves.  I met several season ticket holders on Saturday who aren''t going at the moment because they would get more fun driving nails into various parts of their anatomy.

Why does it matter?

I would guess Blah''s figures are correct so there is plenty of room for casuals if they want to go. These figures suggest to me there are still thousands there every week who would rather not be there. I would love to see season ticket holders dwindle to 15,000 and then get capped there. But I really cant see why it matters what the official attendance is whether it be 24,125 or 21,600.

[quote user="Fellas"]Well the official attendance was 24,125. I didn''t think empty seats counted. Well I think it''s about time we actually started using the proper figures rather than the make believe ones.
[/quote]

It''s all just part of the cynical PR season ticket scam designed to make things look better than they really are........

Another tool in the spin merchants bag.....

Yeah that figure of 21,600 sounds right. Everytime i try to remember to take down the percentage but I forget everytime. There were loads of empty seats in the jarrod and corner stands. Not sure about the upper tiers but they always seem to have some empty seats. I really don''t know why they can''t actually say the real attendance.After all if it''s actually ''the official'' attendance then that must be the figure they''d have to give to the police if a disaster like hillsborough say were to happen (not that I would ever want it to happen, just saying). Would be quite funny if it happened thinking there were 500 people in an area and it had only 2 people and a dog in the stand, the rest were boycotting with cluck and smudger.

With the inevitable drop in crowds, I see ticket prices are starting to fall close to match days. Kids for a quid, etc. I think this is a desparate ploy to keep the numbers up to make us look like we still have unwavered support. Having forked out again for my season ticket, I''m sure it would be cheaper now to attend on a game by game basis.

I will keep mine however, regardless of league 1 or not, next year. It''s time for the true supporters to stay, the casuals will drift away. 

I also thought the ground looked reasonably full. I should have thought there were more than 21,600 people in the stadium - that would mean nearly 4,000 empty seats - the equivalent of roughly half the Jarrold Stand. I couldn''t see anywhere like that number of vacant seats.

Attendance - the number of people present at a particular occasion [Concise Oxford English Dictionary].

Thus, to include people who pay but do not attend and then announce the crowd or attendance as 24,125 is verging on dishonesty and quite possibly could amount to a deceptive practice under The Trade Descriptions Act'' or whatever is in force these days.

It''s just another example of spin.

What they need is a couple of well-pitched, middle stump bouncers to rattle their cages and shake them up.

OTBC

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Maybe they''re using cardboard cutouts. Surely you''ve noticed all those motionless folk around you !!

[/quote]

A lot of ''em are in the Morgue stand (aka City stand aka G Watling stand). May be a certain person should get up, turn round and say '' Let be havin ya!'' 

have to say i have long given up buying a programme, does anyone have the % figures for this season to hand that they can post up - would make interesting reading

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]I also thought the ground looked reasonably full. I should have thought there were more than 21,600 people in the stadium - that would mean nearly 4,000 empty seats - the equivalent of roughly half the Jarrold Stand. I couldn''t see anywhere like that number of vacant seats.[/quote]

Read that there was 23000 actually there on Sat.

Southampton - Official Attendance - 24,004 - % - 92

Cardiff - Official Attendance - 24,292 - % - 91

Crystal Palace - Official Attendance - 24,228 - % - 92

Sheffield Wednesday - Official Attendance - 23,293 - % - 87

Scunthorpe - Official Attendance - 23,176 - % - 83

Unfortunately I don''t have the stats for the Bristol City game...

Astounding post! Given that we are second bottom and without a manager why or why if you are a genuine caring supporter would you be concerned about how attendances are counted. Like many other posts this is purely a dig at the board of the club much the same as the post which questioned why the club replaced the pitch between the championship and premier league season.

It would be great if Archant came up with a site for adults wouldn’t it. A site where fans that have the intellect, debated issues of real importance rather than the lies, down right lies and frivolous posts. A site that possibly the board members would value and contribute to by way of answering genuine questions from genuine supporters then maybe we would have a real opportunity to influence board thinking.  

The club likes to use the higher figure, based on the numbers who have paid to be there, rather than those actually attending because it makes us more attractive for all sorts of sponsorship deals. its the way every club does it in the Championship, without exception.

The percentage figure is the one that would be used if there was some sort of disaster and we needed to know how many actual bums on seats there were. We were down to the low 19,000''s for the Scunthorpe game.

[quote user="kevin brighton"]

Astounding post! Given that we are second bottom and without a manager why or why if you are a genuine caring supporter would you be concerned about how attendances are counted. Like many other posts this is purely a dig at the board of the club much the same as the post which questioned why the club replaced the pitch between the championship and premier league season.

It would be great if Archant came up with a site for adults wouldn’t it. A site where fans that have the intellect, debated issues of real importance rather than the lies, down right lies and frivolous posts. A site that possibly the board members would value and contribute to by way of answering genuine questions from genuine supporters then maybe we would have a real opportunity to influence board thinking.  

[/quote]

Little things make the big things happen, you have no right to say who is a genuine supporter on here and who is not. Rightly or wrongly this forum was designed so people could express opinions. Who is it to decide of which matters are of importance? How do you know which are ''downright lies?'' Football is the greatest game on earth because everyone CAN have an opinion on it. You mention frivolous posts and how you dislike them yet you post that. People are different, with different opinions, live with it.

[quote user="kevin brighton"]

[/quote]Chill. I was just merely saying that I didn''t think there were 24,000 people at the match on saturday. That is it. Maybe we don''t have to talk about managers, the board, etc all the time. After all that would be boring. I am not going to get beat up about us being bottom, it is really sad but hey there is more to life than just being depressed all the time thinking that we are below clubs like bristol city. There is no to be abusive really is there?

[quote user="Canary Nut"]May be an Archant journalist at the next NCFC. press conference, can ask why the % who actually turn up at games, are not being displayed on the scoreboards at Carrow Rd. (with the number who paid to attend). Could the club start showing the % again (like last season).[/quote]

It`s all very Chase-like in it`s deviousness. It is also theoretically possible,of course, for the club to hand out a large number of unsold casual tickets for nothing (youth groups) and then they are counted in the overall figure whether anyone uses them or not. I can`t say for definate that this is happening, but i have heard a couple of examples this season indicating it could well be.

Not sure why the % is no longer displayed, but I assume everyone is aware of the fact that practically every club gives its attendance as the number of tickets sold. Infact we were one of the last clubs to do it this way.