Sign in to follow this  
Sing, Sing, wherever you may be...

Sorry but I warned you all last season this would happen!

Last year you may remember that i made plans to demonstrate against the way the club was being run. Well now i hope you can see where i was coming from.

We have had the same excuses of " if it wasnt for Delia we wouldnt be here " and "you cant be true supporters". Well sorry but Delia saving us was and is a myth and as for being true supporters, do true supporters just sit there and do nothing while the club they love rots away?

So now we find our great club joint bottom of the league. Are you still happy with the current regime?

Some of the crap the club has come out with is beyond me. One minute its all we dont have to sell players, then its all transfer funds will be made available, then loan players are too expensive, then we let a caretaker manager bring in John Hartson?????

Can anyone truely say they still have faith in our board, and please dont give me the predictable yes because thats what supporters do routine.

Cheers

Lee Oliver

[quote user="Lee Oliver"]

Last year you may remember that i made plans to demonstrate against the way the club was being run. Well now i hope you can see where i was coming from.

We have had the same excuses of " if it wasnt for Delia we wouldnt be here " and "you cant be true supporters". Well sorry but Delia saving us was and is a myth and as for being true supporters, do true supporters just sit there and do nothing while the club they love rots away?

So now we find our great club joint bottom of the league. Are you still happy with the current regime?

Some of the crap the club has come out with is beyond me. One minute its all we dont have to sell players, then its all transfer funds will be made available, then loan players are too expensive, then we let a caretaker manager bring in John Hartson?????

Can anyone truely say they still have faith in our board, and please dont give me the predictable yes because thats what supporters do routine.

Cheers

Lee Oliver

[/quote]

Yet another ''I told you so'' poster, nobody likes a smart arse.... 

Cheers

Lee Oliver

[/quote]

No - and haven''t had for most of their tenure.

Good post.

[/quote]

Nice to see you back posting Lee. It''s just a shame that you are trying to be divisive with the true supporters jibe. That''s the second time I have seen that since I got back from Burnley. So as  a true supporter please tell me what you have done to stop the club you love rotting away, apart from sitting on your hands and the time it took to write this post?

I''m not saying you''re right or wrong, but what was your opinion of the board when we were in the Play-Off Final against Birmingham and then a couple of seasons later spanking teams thick and fast to win the Championship? Things have gone wrong and need to be put right asap, but like it or not, the board have had some degree of success. It''s like the Worthy Out campaign all over again - with people popping up saying the board have never done anything for the club and that it''s all been downhill since they took over, which it hasn''t.The board need to get the next decision right, if not they need to step down - but that''s football. However, Delia did save this club and that mustn''t be forgotten.

[quote user="MK Canary"]I''m not saying you''re right or wrong, but what was your opinion of the board when we were in the Play-Off Final against Birmingham and then a couple of seasons later spanking teams thick and fast to win the Championship?

Things have gone wrong and need to be put right asap, but like it or not, the board have had some degree of success. It''s like the Worthy Out campaign all over again - with people popping up saying the board have never done anything for the club and that it''s all been downhill since they took over, which it hasn''t.

The board need to get the next decision right, if not they need to step down - but that''s football. However, Delia did save this club and that mustn''t be forgotten.
[/quote]

Ah yes but didnt a certain Robert Chase lead us into europe and our most succesful period?

It wasnt my intention to come on as an i told you so, just pointing out, some of us could see this coming.

[quote user="MK Canary"]I''m not saying you''re right or wrong, but what was your opinion of the board when we were in the Play-Off Final against Birmingham and then a couple of seasons later spanking teams thick and fast to win the Championship?

Things have gone wrong and need to be put right asap, but like it or not, the board have had some degree of success. It''s like the Worthy Out campaign all over again - with people popping up saying the board have never done anything for the club and that it''s all been downhill since they took over, which it hasn''t.

The board need to get the next decision right, if not they need to step down - but that''s football. However, Delia did save this club and that mustn''t be forgotten.
[/quote]

Ah yes but didnt a certain Robert Chase lead us into europe and our most succesful period?

It wasnt my intention to come on as an i told you so, just pointing out, some of us could see this coming.

[/quote]

None of you could see this coming, it is all guesswork and speculation.  Isnt hindsight a wonderful thing....

And dont bother with the whole Robert Chase thing, it is totally irrelevant and doesnt make a fart of difference to whats happening now.  Also football is a totally different animal now.

I predict that under this board (lets face it they are going nowhere!!) and with our new manager (Prediction - Aage Hareide) we will finish either just outside or just in the play off zone.  If I get this right I am looking forward to my ''I told you so moment''.

[/quote]

I''d say that was exactly your intention as that''s what you did.

Robert Chase is irrelevant to the state of the club now, but he was

bloody awful then. Some of you have short memories or is that you were

too young to remember?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Lee Oliver"]

[/quote]

Nice to see you back posting Lee. It''s just a shame that you are trying to be divisive with the true supporters jibe. That''s the second time I have seen that since I got back from Burnley. So as  a true supporter please tell me what you have done to stop the club you love rotting away, apart from sitting on your hands and the time it took to write this post?

[/quote]

Ive actually known Lee for some time through my son and like most of u he supported the board at first. It was during our Prem season that it became apparent to alot of people that the board didnt take Football as serious as it should of done with the ''Prudence with ambition'' thinking. This was proven to be the wrong course of action and yet they still belt out the silly quote. I remember Lee throwing his ticket away in disgust after the Fulham game and was literally in tears about the lost opprtunity of more prem football. I remember also Lee not renewing his season ticket for the next season and actively demanded a change in outlook by the board with regards to spending money on the pitch and not off it. Many people saw this coming a couple of seasons back and with the way football has gone they new it was the wrong path to take. I believe Lee was one of the first to not renew and boycott the current board and got alot of stick for doing so...Hardly sitting on his hands NN.

Regards

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Lee Oliver"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

None of you could see this coming, it is all guesswork and speculation.  Isnt hindsight a wonderful thing....

And dont bother with the whole Robert Chase thing, it is totally irrelevant and doesnt make a fart of difference to whats happening now.  Also football is a totally different animal now.

I predict that under this board (lets face it they are going nowhere!!) and with our new manager (Prediction - Aage Hareide) we will finish either just outside or just in the play off zone.  If I get this right I am looking forward to my ''I told you so moment''.

[/quote]

Well a lot of people did see this coming hence why for the last year or so more and more people have become dissalousioned with the club. The Robert Chase thing is relevant when you consider people are saying we have short memorys as Delia took us to the premiership. Prudence with ambition does not work. Look who invested last season-Derby, Birmingham and Sunderland, and guess who went up? As for your play off preiction i look forward to being proved wrong. James.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Ive actually known Lee for some time through my son and like most of u he supported the board at first. It was during our Prem season that it became apparent to alot of people that the board didnt take Football as serious as it should of done with the ''Prudence with ambition'' thinking. This was proven to be the wrong course of action and yet they still belt out the silly quote. I remember Lee throwing his ticket away in disgust after the Fulham game and was literally in tears about the lost opprtunity of more prem football. I remember also Lee not renewing his season ticket for the next season and actively demanded a change in outlook by the board with regards to spending money on the pitch and not off it. Many people saw this coming a couple of seasons back and with the way football has gone they new it was the wrong path to take. I believe Lee was one of the first to not renew and boycott the current board and got alot of stick for doing so...Hardly sitting on his hands NN.

Regards

[/quote]

Well Arthur, I''m sure Lee has no problem answering my post himself and doesn''t need your input. Lee and I had discussions last season and managed to get along together quite well despite not always being in agreement. I don''t think I have ever given lee a lot of stick about anything.

Anyway, it''s nice to take this opportunity to have a chat with you. You shouldn''t assume that just because I don''t and never would support any boycott it means I support the boards policies.

I have never seen any boycott at Carrow Road over the last few seasons, just threats and claims of one on this messageboard. If people did protest by not renewing after Fulham then unfortunately other people took up those tickets rendering that protest useless. First Wizards idea of buying tickets for the derby and then not turning up to ensure empty seats is possibly the best one yet. We shall see if it gets off the ground.

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Lee Oliver"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wrong mate...and you should just accept it. A number of us saw this disastrous course of events coming in it''s earliest stages...while others have since come to understand at a later time. It doesn''t mean one set of opinion is more clever than another....it just means some were prepared to look at things objectively rather than emotionally.

I know my football...and I know my business. Add to that the celebrity circus so many bought into and there it is.

Sorry....but I suspect it''s simple sour grapes that you were so gullibly duped.....and so you''ll just have to live with won''t you?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Regards

[/quote]

Well Arthur, I''m sure Lee has no problem answering my post himself and doesn''t need your input. Lee and I had discussions last season and managed to get along together quite well despite not always being in agreement. I don''t think I have ever given lee a lot of stick about anything.

Anyway, it''s nice to take this opportunity to have a chat with you. You shouldn''t assume that just because I don''t and never would support any boycott it means I support the boards policies.

I have never seen any boycott at Carrow Road over the last few seasons, just threats and claims of one on this messageboard. If people did protest by not renewing after Fulham then unfortunately other people took up those tickets rendering that protest useless. First Wizards idea of buying tickets for the derby and then not turning up to ensure empty seats is possibly the best one yet. We shall see if it gets off the ground.

[/quote]

NN i didnt mean it to come across as butting in, just my first hand experience of Lee and his actions. Agreed i dont think people will boycott en masse at the moment and with a new managerial appointment prominent, i doubt it will even be considered. But small acorns and all that. Lee stood to his actions and i blieve it a matter of time before many more will. Wiz''s idea is very good but less likely than people just not purchasing tickets in the first place. Honorable but unlikely as people do not have the money to waste.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Lee Oliver"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well a lot of people did see this coming hence why for the last year or so more and more people have become dissalousioned with the club. The Robert Chase thing is relevant when you consider people are saying we have short memorys as Delia took us to the premiership. Prudence with ambition does not work. Look who invested last season-Derby, Birmingham and Sunderland, and guess who went up? As for your play off preiction i look forward to being proved wrong. James.

[/quote]

I agree that this board are failing the fans, in fact I couldnt agree more.  Yes Lee Oliver is spot on correct, what I dont appreciate is the ''I told you so'' style posts.

I dont think the whole Chase thing is relevant anymore that was 10 years ago and football has moved on considerably.

Agree that prudence with ambition doesnt work and massive investment is now required.  We need to raise funds either through new investors (unlikely) or by refinancing the debt we have.  We have the potential to also do a Derby or a Sunderland after all the anfastructure is there, no I am not talking restaurants I am talking fan base, stadium capacity, training facility etc.

Our future hinges right now on the choice of manager and transfer budget available to him.  That scares the crap out of me because I just dont trust the board/Doncaster to get the right man.  Our future has never looked so bleak.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Of course it won''t, but the fact the Ipwich game is yet to sell out says a lot. It will of course.  These minimal protests arent going to make much difference with the majority of teh 24,000 (supposedly last time out) crowd not really interested in boardroom politics or demonstrations.  Just sickened by the ineptitude on the pitch - when they get bored they won''t renew.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

Of course it won''t, but the fact the Ipwich game is yet to sell out says a lot. It will of course.  These minimal protests arent going to make much difference with the majority of teh 24,000 (supposedly last time out) crowd not really interested in boardroom politics or demonstrations.  Just sickened by the ineptitude on the pitch - when they get bored they won''t renew.

[/quote]

Perfectly put CJF........

Only time will heal this one.

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Lee Oliver"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree that this board are failing the fans, in fact I couldnt agree more.  Yes Lee Oliver is spot on correct, what I dont appreciate is the ''I told you so'' style posts.

I dont think the whole Chase thing is relevant anymore that was 10 years ago and football has moved on considerably.

Agree that prudence with ambition doesnt work and massive investment is now required.  We need to raise funds either through new investors (unlikely) or by refinancing the debt we have.  We have the potential to also do a Derby or a Sunderland after all the anfastructure is there, no I am not talking restaurants I am talking fan base, stadium capacity, training facility etc.

Our future hinges right now on the choice of manager and transfer budget available to him.  That scares the crap out of me because I just dont trust the board/Doncaster to get the right man.  Our future has never looked so bleak.

[/quote]

You say it is unlikely new investers will invest...Why? Its only unlikely if nobody bothers to voice concern and there lies the problem The majority are not bothered with the state of things and sit back and moan but dont act. In this sense i think Lee has every right to say ''i told you so''. After all hes acted on it just like a few more [including myself] have.

[quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"][quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Lee Oliver"]

[quote user="MK Canary"]I''m not saying you''re right or wrong, but

what was your opinion of the board when we were in the Play-Off Final

against Birmingham and then a couple of seasons later spanking teams

thick and fast to win the Championship? Things have gone wrong

and need to be put right asap, but like it or not, the board have had

some degree of success. It''s like the Worthy Out campaign all over

again - with people popping up saying the board have never done

anything for the club and that it''s all been downhill since they took

over, which it hasn''t.The board need to get the next decision

right, if not they need to step down - but that''s football. However,

Delia did save this club and that mustn''t be forgotten.[/quote]

[/quote]

And dont bother with the whole Robert Chase thing, it is totally

irrelevant and doesnt make a fart of difference to whats happening

now.  Also football is a totally different animal now.

I predict that under this board (lets face it they are going

nowhere!!) and with our new manager (Prediction - Aage Hareide) we will

finish either just outside or just in the play off zone.  If I get

this right I am looking forward to my ''I told you so moment''.

[/quote]

Wrong mate...and you should just accept it. A number of us saw this

disastrous course of events coming in it''s earliest

stages...while others have since come to understand at a later time. It

doesn''t mean one set of opinion is more clever than another....it

just means some were prepared to look at things objectively rather than

emotionally.

I know my football...and I know my business. Add to that the celebrity circus so many bought into and there it is.

Sorry....but I suspect it''s simple sour grapes that you were so

gullibly duped.....and so you''ll just have to live with won''t you?

[/quote]

So when you say "It doesn''t mean one set of opinion is more clever

than another" you actually mean others "have since come to understand"

as they were "gullibly duped"

When are you claiming you saw this coming then? Before promotion to the Prem?

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I gave up my season-ticket at the start of last season and have since given £24 to the club under the illusion that the "infrastructure before players" approach may be changing at the start of the season. This from someone who used to help run a fanzine and bought shares and bricks in the South stand.

I know that alot of people would not contemplate a boycott, but a massive reduction in season-ticket sales at the end of the season would show the board how many people are against their approach. And of course, this would free up plenty of spare seats and supporters could then "reward" ambitious steps taken by the board by snapping them up.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

I know that alot of people would not contemplate a boycott, but a massive reduction in season-ticket sales at the end of the season would show the board how many people are against their approach. And of course, this would free up plenty of spare seats and supporters could then "reward" ambitious steps taken by the board by snapping them up.

[/quote]

Or it could force the Board to be even more prudent and the club ends up in deeper doo doo!

Cheers

Lee Oliver

[/quote]

What do you want, a medal?

[quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"][quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Lee Oliver"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wrong mate...and you should just accept it. A number of us saw this disastrous course of events coming in it''s earliest stages...while others have since come to understand at a later time. It doesn''t mean one set of opinion is more clever than another....it just means some were prepared to look at things objectively rather than emotionally.

Sorry....but I suspect it''s simple sour grapes that you were so gullibly duped.....and so you''ll just have to live with won''t you?

[/quote]

Don''t be stupid Cluck, of course it was guess work. The only way you could physically have KNOWN this would happen is if you travelled forward in time to the present (did you?). You simply second guessed what would happen and it turned out to be largely correct.

"...and so you''ll just have to live with it won''t you?" - what following his heart and having faith? Excuse him for doing what he thought was right. You make it sound like something to be ashamed of, like he should lie low for a few weeks because of his opinion on a messageboard.

I''ll give you respect for the last two lines of the first paragraph however. Its a shame you don''t talk more often like this rather than using the "I told ya so" tone on everyone.

There are some of us who have said for years that the board''s Ambition with Prudence policy would kill the club and over the years it can be seen slowly but surly "on the pitch" as the FOOTBALL died. But the boards "off the pitch" ambitions (dream world) gets all the money it needs. If the board wont change it''s policy then the board must be changed. Mumby & Doncaster harp on about Leeds but they are doing a Leeds with out even trying. Its well past the time to give FOOTBALL a chance to save the club.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Lee Oliver"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nice to hear from you again nutty hope you are well. Cant really say ive done a lot to be  honest apart from try to organise a protest when i saw this coming last year mate. Hope you are keeping well.

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Lee Oliver"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jesus christ how pompus? Ok then i told you so. You win. Yawn!

Delia''s Devonshire Dirtbox-how you get away with that name is only for the web team to answer.

If you have a medal  then yes!

No, the point im trying to make is maybe if a few people backed me at the time of my trying to organise the protests theres a very very very very slim chance we could have nipped this issue in the bud.

[quote user="Lee Oliver"][quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Lee Oliver"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What an arrogant response.  Not necessary.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"][quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"][quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Lee Oliver"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t be stupid Cluck, of course it was guess work. The only way you could physically have KNOWN this would happen is if you travelled forward in time to the present (did you?). You simply second guessed what would happen and it turned out to be largely correct.

"...and so you''ll just have to live with it won''t you?" - what following his heart and having faith? Excuse him for doing what he thought was right. You make it sound like something to be ashamed of, like he should lie low for a few weeks because of his opinion on a messageboard.

I''ll give you respect for the last two lines of the first paragraph however. Its a shame you don''t talk more often like this rather than using the "I told ya so" tone on everyone.

[/quote]

Happily we are not all as miopic and emotional as you otherwise our businesses and lives in general would stumble from one crisis to another....largely like those you appear to be defending here.

Some of us can add up simple sums and get a quick answer...while others need reams of paper and still come to no clear conclusion. That''s the difference between success and failure and has nothing to do with "guesswork". There are intangibles in any vision of course...but the writing has been on the wall for all to see for a long time and it''s hardly my fault that you and others chose not to read it.

And to repeat the passage...you''ll just have to live with it won''t you.......

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Lee Oliver"][quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Lee Oliver"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What an arrogant response.  Not necessary.

[/quote]

Well if you had not been so rude and blatantly looking for a reaction or argument maybe you would have the respect posters like Nutty nigel earn. Look in the mirror.