Sign in to follow this  
FramCanary

Mass protest before Ips**t game!

[quote user="FramCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="FramCanary"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

[quote user="Matt"]Officially the worst post this month.[/quote]

Officially the worst post this season you mean [um]

[/quote]

Officially the worst period in the modern history of the football club! (Could apathetic morons such as these lift their heads out of the sand & wake up to reality).

[/quote]

Have you ever posted on a thread withou calling other city fans morons. It really does suggest you are thick as...

ok mods, I won''t finish the post [:|]

[/quote]

There is no hiding from it - there are far too many of them. They are not bothered about whether we win/lose/draw, which division we are in, how badly the club is run from a financial point of view etc etc.. I have never before witnessed such a willingness to accept constant under-performance of a football club - both on & off the field of play - by it''s (so called) supporters. It is indicative of the kind of person attending live football in the modern era of the game.

The apathy of our ''fan'' base is one of the many causes of our continual demise - but you will (no doubt) decline to accept/recognise this.

[/quote]

No Fram, I don''t recognise its the fans fault. I don''t see fans who are happy to see us lose or see poor performances.

What I have seen on here are fans who want us to lose in order to get a manager sacked or stop a manager being appointed or even to put the board of directors under more pressure.

What I do know is no fan I have ever been to games with has ever wanted us to lose or been happy to see us lose.

[quote user="FramCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="FramCanary"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

[/quote]

Officially the worst period in the modern history of the football club! (Could apathetic morons such as these lift their heads out of the sand & wake up to reality).

[/quote]

Have you ever posted on a thread withou calling other city fans morons. It really does suggest you are thick as...

[/quote]

There is no hiding from it - there are far too many of them. They are not bothered about whether we win/lose/draw, which division we are in, how badly the club is run from a financial point of view etc etc.. I have never before witnessed such a willingness to accept constant under-performance of a football club - both on & off the field of play - by it''s (so called) supporters. It is indicative of the kind of person attending live football in the modern era of the game.

The apathy of our ''fan'' base is one of the many causes of our continual demise - but you will (no doubt) decline to accept/recognise this.

[/quote]That''s rubbish and you know it.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="FramCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="FramCanary"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No Fram, I don''t recognise its the fans fault. I don''t see fans who are happy to see us lose or see poor performances.

What I have seen on here are fans who want us to lose in order to get a manager sacked or stop a manager being appointed or even to put the board of directors under more pressure.

What I do know is no fan I have ever been to games with has ever wanted us to lose or been happy to see us lose.

[/quote]

If a loss results in the best aftermath for NCFC then so be it. I will not support the opposition however i will not be disappointed by a loss.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="FramCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="FramCanary"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s the black and white opinion NN....whereby the club and the board are one and the same. A glance into the more grey area will show you that many of us believe in short term pain for long term gain....where the club will survive and prosper in the long term..minus those who have caused it to descend into turmoil. The club and those who run it are very different things...but somehow you can''t grasp that can you?

Likewise the abysmal team on the pitch is not fit to wear the shirt. I''ll wager then that before any moderate success ever returns to this club....every one of them will be gone. In my book this current team is Delia''s team....and it needs to go walkies along with her.....

[quote user="FramCanary"]

The ''idiots'' .....................had to make a £2.2m surplus in the transfer market in the summer so as to avoid Administration at that time.

[/quote]

I don''t think so, given that there was £3.15m. ''Cash at bank and in hand'' per the Consolidated Balance Sheet as at 31st May 2007.

I wanna boycott the game.. But unfortunatly i cant. If we were relegated, we would remain there, and lose our players.. Huckerbys head would grow EVEN bigger, and i think protests are the only way forward.

Sorry if this post is rubbish

[quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="FramCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="FramCanary"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s the black and white opinion NN....whereby the club and the board are one and the same. A glance into the more grey area will show you that many of us believe in short term pain for long term gain....where the club will survive and prosper in the long term..minus those who have caused it to descend into turmoil. The club and those who run it are very different things...but somehow you can''t grasp that can you?

Likewise the abysmal team on the pitch is not fit to wear the shirt. I''ll wager then that before any moderate success ever returns to this club....every one of them will be gone. In my book this current team is Delia''s team....and it needs to go walkies along with her.....

[/quote]

Many of who?? In this crazy unimportant virtual messageboard world maybe. But in the real world fans want the team to win, always. I can''t believe people still take you seriously[:O] Next time you change your name you should maybe become "Virtual Vera" [:P]

[quote user="SnakePitGirl"]

I wanna boycott the game.. But unfortunatly i cant. If we were relegated, we would remain there, and lose our players.. Huckerbys head would grow EVEN bigger, and i think protests are the only way forward.

[/quote]apology accepted most rubbish post ever,can''t you boycott the game cos they strap you into your pushchair[:D]

But we could win!Think, Duffy announced manager. Ipswich players and fans alike in hysterics, can''t play football because their laughing too much. WHAT an opportunity =]

[quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="SnakePitGirl"]

[/quote]apology accepted most rubbish post ever,can''t you boycott the game cos they strap you into your pushchair[:D][/quote]

lol [y] quality

I''ll be there regardless of the state of our club, on and off the pitch.

This is my team, and I made a vow when I was 6 that NCFC would always be my team. It''s part of football, the highs and lows. I cried with happiness when we won the Milk Cup, and I cried with sadness when we got relegated the same season. I lost my voice after most home games the following year, and was devastated when we came down again. It''s not been much different ever since. Yes, we''re having a bad time. Yes, I think the board is pretty useless. Most of the players are crap, we have no manager, no coach and seemingly no direction. It''s still my team.

Those of you who want to stay away feel free, it''s your right. The empty seats might just galvanise the rest of us there in to singing just a little bit louder.

[quote user="hogesar"]But we could win!Think, Duffy announced manager. Ipswich players and fans alike in hysterics, can''t play football because their laughing too much. WHAT an opportunity =][/quote]In fact... Announce the apointment before the match and issue a retraction afterwards.  get 3 points AND not have Duffy as manager.

[quote user="FramCanary"]This is the only way that the fans (who actually care about the football club) can get it through to the (self-confessed) ''idiots'' running it, that enough is enough.[/quote]I really resent that if you don''t protest you don''t care about the club. How narrow minded and obtuse can you be. There is no such thing as fans with their heads in the sand. We all know things are about as bad as they can get but we all have different opionions on how we got here and what it will take to resolve it. It doesn''t mean our heads are in the sand and it certainly doesn''t mean we don''t care. I''m sick of this moral high ground BS these protestors come out with like they are the people to liberate this club from our evil rulers. Get over yourselves please.

yeh any game bar the ipswich one - not the game to do it ....

and why would u want to boycott the derby??? ... and dont say ''because we will loose anyway'' and all that because any person who would want to miss the derby is NOT a football fan ....

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Where the hell do you get off, calling people names just because they happen not to agree with you?

This is an internet message board forum, not a Primary School playground.

To suggest that I, or people like me, am not bothered about whether we win, lose or draw, what division we''re in or how badly the club is run etc. is totally ludicrous and shows a total lack of understanding of how other fans, apart from yourself of course, are feeling. If you think I have a ''willingness'' to accept constant underperforming both on and off the field of play, then you are totally wrong there as well.

Do you not think that I haven''t attended protests before in the past? No?? Then I''ll tell you something. I have. I was voicing my feelings my feelings at numerous ''Worthy Out'' protests during the 05/06 and 06/07 seasons (after the games, never before).

And what actual good do you think those protests did?

And do you actually think the board sacked him because of those protests?

They did no actual good whatsoever. All they succeeded in doing was get some unwanted press coverage and undermine the players confidence and lower the general morale even further. If you think yes to the second question, then you are wrong on both counts. The board sacked him because we were in a poor run of form, not because us, the fans, wanted him sacked.

Do you think I''m happy with the board right now? No, of course I''m bloody not. But protests and boycotts are not going to achieve anything in my opinion, except create more divisions, pointless repetitive arguing etc. The TEAM must be supported to the bitter end, no matter how bad any performances and results are.

Why have people like you not recognised the fact that this stupid, stubborn, board of ours will not actually go until they feel that there is no possible way of turning the club around? Is it because you''re too busy in getting angry with people like myself, Matt, Nutty Nigel etc.?

A sensible, intelligent, non-insulting reply would be appreciated - but I''m not exactly holding my breath.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="FramCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="FramCanary"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Many of who?? In this crazy unimportant virtual messageboard world maybe. But in the real world fans want the team to win, always. I can''t believe people still take you seriously[:O] Next time you change your name you should maybe become "Virtual Vera" [:P]

[/quote]

NN...trying to interact with you is like swimming in custard....and I don''t know why I bothered. It must be nice to live in a mental state where reality doesn''t overlap with fact...but it''s not for me I''m afraid.

As for assuming that this little forum in any way corresponds to public opinion in the "real world"....you really should get out more. Life isn''t like your favourite soap Coronation Street you know....as the characters there are only pretending to be leary. Sad as it is...many on here many actually are that dense........

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="FramCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="FramCanary"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

NN...trying to interact with you is like swimming in custard....and I don''t know why I bothered. It must be nice to live in a mental state where reality doesn''t overlap with fact...but it''s not for me I''m afraid.

As for assuming that this little forum in any way corresponds to public opinion in the "real world"....you really should get out more. Life isn''t like your favourite soap Coronation Street you know....as the characters there are only pretending to be leary.....whereas on here actually are.....

Turnip soup anyone?........

[quote user="Pieman"]

I''ll be there regardless of the state of our club, on and off the pitch.

This is my team, and I made a vow when I was 6 that NCFC would always be my team. It''s part of football, the highs and lows. I cried with happiness when we won the Milk Cup, and I cried with sadness when we got relegated the same season. I lost my voice after most home games the following year, and was devastated when we came down again. It''s not been much different ever since. Yes, we''re having a bad time. Yes, I think the board is pretty useless. Most of the players are crap, we have no manager, no coach and seemingly no direction. It''s still my team.

Those of you who want to stay away feel free, it''s your right. The empty seats might just galvanise the rest of us there in to singing just a little bit louder.

[/quote]

An excellent, heartfelt post there Pieman. A true supporter if ever there was one [:)] [Y] [B]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]2 drafts of the same post Cluck, Nigel must have got yout goat good and proper.

Bit of a Rudolph Hucker moment there eh ? [:)]
[/quote]

Nah.....just poor moderating by Pete.....     [:)]

Bigmarkcanary, following your logic if our board decided to sell our entire squad right now and bring in Wroxham reserves to fulfill our remaining fixtures, you would still advocate going along to get behind the team but refraining from protesting against the board??

Our team is poor because the board decided to make millions of pounds profit by selling the best players, buying cheaper,inferior replacements, and pumping the money into infrastructure. All whilst they were receiving £14.2million in parachute payments. At some point they have to carry the can.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Bigmarkcanary, following your logic if our board decided to sell our entire squad right now and bring in Wroxham reserves to fulfill our remaining fixtures, you would still advocate going along to get behind the team but refraining from protesting against the board??

Our team is poor because the board decided to make millions of pounds profit by selling the best players, buying cheaper,inferior replacements, and pumping the money into infrastructure. All whilst they were receiving £14.2million in parachute payments. At some point they have to carry the can.

[/quote]

And what is the likelihood of that happening Mr. Carrow?? The board are stupid yes, I''ve not denied that. But to try and use Wroxham Reserves to make your point, what does that make you exactly?

Of course they have to carry the can for their ineptness. But, in my own honest opinion, protests and boycotts are not the way forward. What about not renewing next year, is that not a more viable option?

[quote user="SnakePitGirl"]

[/quote]

Well I''m sure we''d all sorely miss you if you did stay away.

Apology accepted though.

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

And what is the likelihood of that happening Mr. Carrow?? The board are stupid yes, I''ve not denied that. But to try and use Wroxham Reserves to make your point, what does that make you exactly?

Of course they have to carry the can for their ineptness. But, in my own honest opinion, protests and boycotts are not the way forward. What about not renewing next year, is that not a more viable option?

[/quote]

Reading back through the posts i probably haven`t made my point very well. Some people on here post that they will always turn up to support the team no matter what and never protest as it can only harm the club. My point is that surely there comes a point where, as a passionate supporter, the only option left to make a real stand against those who have failed the club is to boycott and/or protest? It`s the only little bit of power we have.

I appreciate everyone draws the line slightly differently. I felt the board got close to the line by refusing to sign Crouch or Ashton at the start of the Prem season and then took a big stride over it by selling £10million worth of players on relegation and only spending £4million-despite having two £7.1million parachute payments to come. I think most fans now feel the board have well and truly crossed the line- particularly with the promise that all of the transfer money received would be re-invested, only to turn round now and say a large part of it has been allocated to running costs. But the fact remains that whilst there are bums on seats the board will think it`s all a storm in a tea-cup and that sea of yellow and green at home games condones their actions.

I do agree with your last point though. A season-ticket boycott is the most realistic course of action if the board don`t wake up soon, and of course this would leave plenty of casual seats free for fans to "reward" the board by filling if they pull their finger out.

Hi Fram,

Met your Dad tonight and am definetly up for doing something prior to the scum game if you are really up for it?

Will be in contact over the next few days mate... keep your eyes peeled!!! [8-|]

[quote user="PJ Bimbo"][quote user="FramCanary"]This is the only way that the fans (who actually care about the football club) can get it through to the (self-confessed) ''idiots'' running it, that enough is enough.[/quote]

I really resent that if you don''t protest you don''t care about the club. How narrow minded and obtuse can you be. There is no such thing as fans with their heads in the sand. We all know things are about as bad as they can get but we all have different opionions on how we got here and what it will take to resolve it. It doesn''t mean our heads are in the sand and it certainly doesn''t mean we don''t care. I''m sick of this moral high ground BS these protestors come out with like they are the people to liberate this club from our evil rulers. Get over yourselves please.
[/quote]

I beg to differ PJ...

I certainly met one in Diss this evening...

Some guy who told us all "without Delia and Michael there would be no club"

What utter tripe!!!

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="FramCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="FramCanary"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Where the hell do you get off, calling people names just because they happen not to agree with you?

To suggest that I, or people like me, am not bothered about whether we win, lose or draw, what division we''re in or how badly the club is run etc. is totally ludicrous and shows a total lack of understanding of how other fans, apart from yourself of course, are feeling. If you think I have a ''willingness'' to accept constant underperforming both on and off the field of play, then you are totally wrong there as well.

Do you not think that I haven''t attended protests before in the past? No?? Then I''ll tell you something. I have. I was voicing my feelings my feelings at numerous ''Worthy Out'' protests during the 05/06 and 06/07 seasons (after the games, never before).

They did no actual good whatsoever. All they succeeded in doing was get some unwanted press coverage and undermine the players confidence and lower the general morale even further. If you think yes to the second question, then you are wrong on both counts. The board sacked him because we were in a poor run of form, not because us, the fans, wanted him sacked.

Do you think I''m happy with the board right now? No, of course I''m bloody not. But protests and boycotts are not going to achieve anything in my opinion, except create more divisions, pointless repetitive arguing etc. The TEAM must be supported to the bitter end, no matter how bad any performances and results are.

Why have people like you not recognised the fact that this stupid, stubborn, board of ours will not actually go until they feel that there is no possible way of turning the club around? Is it because you''re too busy in getting angry with people like myself, Matt, Nutty Nigel etc.?

A sensible, intelligent, non-insulting reply would be appreciated - but I''m not exactly holding my breath.....

[/quote]

My oh my how naive can you get???

The board sacked Worthy because a poor run of results and not because of fan power???   Don''t make me laugh!!!

If they sacked him for a run of poor results then did they not act at least two years or more too late???

[quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"]

As for assuming that this little forum in any way corresponds to public opinion in the "real world"....you really should get out more. Life isn''t like your favourite soap Coronation Street you know....as the characters there are only pretending to be leary.....whereas on here actually are.....

Turnip soup anyone?........

[/quote]

Swimming in custard must have been a trifle difficult.. was it yellow and dangerous? Did you do it for charity... because if not I really don''t know why you bothered either.

Mr Carrow says that about me too.. I like that Mr Carrow[8-|][*], he''s clued up about accounts and things that are beyond the understanding of leary folk.. when I watch Corrie I can imagine dear old Ken Barlow is Mr Carrow and in my mental state I see you as Blanch.... where was I??... oh yes... Mr. Carrow leads sick donkeys that are about to die of thirst to a crystal clear mountain pool, you should ask to tag along, none of them ever drink but the swimming is good and much better than custard.

Plymouth away is 10th November, if you''re going again this year we could maybe meet for a [B] in The Brittania[Y]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="FramCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="FramCanary"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My oh my how naive can you get???

The board sacked Worthy because a poor run of results and not because of fan power???   Don''t make me laugh!!!

If they sacked him for a run of poor results then did they not act at least two years or more too late???

[/quote]

Two years or more too late? So then Smudger, with your oh so wonderful hindsight, do you then think that he should''ve been sacked at the end of our championship winning season? Or maybe near the start of the disastrous Premiership campaign?

I would say about a year to a year and a half too late, wouldn''t you, considering he was sacked in October 2006 and not October 2007!!

BINNER.