Sign in to follow this  
Being Jan Kristiansen...

Fantasy Transfer

If you could buy one player who would it be. To make this a bit more realistic the maximum fee that can be paid is £5mil and the max salary is £20,000pw.

I would go for the big Czech striker, Jan Koller. The combination of him and Huckerby up front would terrorise any defence. His awarness of team mates and link up play is fantastic. It would make a classic patnership (Big strong guy and smaller fast one).

You must be joking! Jan Koller is the biggest donkey ever to set foot onto the European stage! Besides, why blow the whole of the budget on one player. We could get Crouch (who IMO is better than Koller) and 2 decent defenders out of that £5million, and have a large amount of change left over. I accept that this is "fantasy", but at least get value for money!!!

IMO he is the center of the Czech team. All the other creative players feed off his knock downs/passes. He can be used as an outlet if they are under pressure as he holds the ball up well and he scores goals. His style would fit in well with Hux/McKenzie/Bentley/Hendo ect.

On the other point as you correctly point out the title is ''Fantasy'' transfer so who would you choose?????

cant just say one i think for 5 mill you could buy a multitude of top players, i mean arteta who used to play at rangers would be cool, dawson or reid at forest, koumas, adreas d''allesandro, when u consider that villa are trying to buy berson for 1.5 mill then there is definate quality out there to be had

I''d like to see Rommedhal scare the wits out of all the left-backs in the prem. He would be much cheaper than 5m, so I will allow myself one more choice. I am also interested in everyone''s favourite Championship Manager bargain, Kim Kallstrom. He looks very dynamic breaking from midfield, is young, and has a good work rate.

I''d buy Jagielka from Warnocksville a) to save him from the wrath of Colin, and b) because he can play at full back, in central defence and in midfield, as well as in goal if we should ever lack a goalie on the bench (not likely, but you never know!), and c) he''s pretty decent and could become really good with a bit of Norfolk air and looking after from Worthy. Anyone know what his contract status is?

Just done some quick research - Warnock was quoted in January 2001 as being delighted at having tied him to a three-year contract, so I guess he''s signed a new one since then...

Sorry i forgot to mention my choice...CRIS SUTTON, he scored us goals in the prem before, and i`m sure he can do it again.