Sign in to follow this  
england1966

steve bruce

due to have showdown talks! possibility. could be bruce - boss, dave watson - assistant, as they work together at birmingham.

good combination?????

I''d have that, simple as that. My other choice is Paul Jewell. Both would be great and to be honest I really don''t want any other names, certainly not your Newells, Tilsons and O''Drearys. One saving grace is that Smegson and Robson are in a job.

This will run and run, but I want a manager quick time and it has to be a big name as above, I don''t think the board will be stupid and get a low league manager or a new manager learning, sorry Dion, Iwan and Crooky, that list includes you. We have to have a manager who has the ''X'' factor, sorry about the description,

OOO, thought of another manager I would like Gary Johnson, done wonders at Yeovil and Bristol City, doubt we would get him or Morinoho, how ever you spell it, you would have thought the amount of times I have seen him in the paper and I still can''t spell it.

I was reading a v interesting article in the Times today by martin samuels (hope the link works), which is well worth a look...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/martin_samuel/article2624964.ece

Basically, part of it said this: "David Sullivan, the co-owner of Birmingham, spoke to the takeover group last week and informed Bruce on Friday that the vibes were negative.....so Birmingham have a manager who believes that his time is winding down and would only be human if he was keeping an eye open for possibilities elsewhere".

So it is a possibility, I suppose.