Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

Syy Sports Football Next Season

Anybody seen the latest Sky Sports addition for next season. A new programme on a Sat Night called Football Latest (or something like that) which shows 50 minutes of Premiership Highlights and you get to choose the game you want to watch. Brilliant news for people who can only get to three games under the Members Scheme or those unfortunate enough not to make any games. Once again Sky comes up trumps with the Norwich fans being able to watch all the action instead of just a two minute slot on Match of the Day.

Could''nt tell you Tumbleweed. There is so much stuff on the market these days that I dont know what each individual piece of equipment recieves. All I know is that I have Sky and it was on the letter that accompanies the Sky TV Mag that I received from them yesterday.

Only if it''s on Skysports News Tumbleweed. Which I highly doubt.

It''s more likely to be on Skysports One for which you will need a proper subscription to Sky.

QUOTE:
"Its more likely to be on Skysports One for which you will need a proper subscription to Sky."

Or some rather special sattelite equipment. Then you don''t need to line Mr Murdoch''s pocket at all. (hes a tax exile, so think of it as collecting some revenue...) ;)

Yes Sky will go up to £41 for full package in September.
In their letter to customers they quote this 50 minute programme as one of their additional features, so I don''t see much chance of it being on freeview.

Nick

Interesting. And would such hypothetical equipment or its components be widely available? Not that anyone would knowingly want to break any laws, of course.

From the way I phrased it, it sounds like some people might UNWITTINGLY want to break the law. They would therefore be a ''subliminal criminal''.

Search Ebay, theres some big sattelite dealers on there, usually happy to answer any questions. From memory about £250 ish gets you a system that will receive Sky and much else besides.

so just confirm this for me.....

On a Saturday night, I can select NCFC & then watch 50 mins (over half the game) of highlights from that days games? Really? That would be ace!!!!

What a top idea!!

Why are people still under the impression that We''ll get 5 mins a time on MOTD?

Surely as a newly promoted side we should be one of the big stories of the season, either in a relegation battle or proving all and sundry(sp?) wrong by making an assault on the top half.

Now i''m never saying that we''re gonna get more coverage than the Big 4-5 but I feel the general media coverage will be more positive than People think, depending on results.

Plus i''m not lining that smug Aussie''s pocket''s any more than i need to, but i will get a premiership+ ST on NTL.

You can get sky sports 1 2 and 3 from ntl, but that 50 min thing everyone is on about is only available to sky subs im i right by saying this. If so im going to go to sky instead. Please help cos this needs to be sorted asap as there are only 6 weeks left (I WELL CANT WAIT).
Have already ordered 43" screen TV so i can watch all the NCFC games without missing a thing, just need one of thoughs beer fridges now. Anyone with a season ticket would be well jelous!

I`ve just been reading about this in todays Mirror, this really is GREAT news for us midlands supporters with no season ticket, there really is a god.....

i just love your style pompey

sadly, i do have sky, and will be able to indulge in this new add on feature (for only an extra £1 a month) but the sad truth for me is i cannot watch my own team on tv, it just doesn''t do anything for me, whether it is nerves or being used to going to games, i just cannot do it, luckily i do have a season ticket and will go to a lot of the away games - but watch us on tv, no, it just isn''t me, but for those of you who will be watching, thank you sky for giving us the access to our club

motd - yeah, right, can you just imagine - alan hansen, i remember every word you said about us in 92/93, what an a****** that man is!!!