Sign in to follow this  
macattack

CHASE Legacy.....

R. CHASE....= 2 FA Cup Finals, European Football, 4th,3rd,2nd in Top Division

Delia = 4 Failed Managers, 17Million Debt,

Anyone know CHASE''s view on current situation ?

The man was and still is a legend in my eyes, a very clever business man, I bet he is laughing his head off at the failings of this great club.

What annoys me is the fact most of the fans called for his head after selling 3 key players, Sutton for £5 million was he worth that? I dont hear the supporters calling for Delia''s head ,sold all the assets, no future, if we put the whole team up for sale would we get £5 million? I doubt it.

So Mr Chase I hope those people who called for you to go all those years ago regret what they did.

[quote user="macattack"]

[/quote]

What planet are you on ? this is not the R. Chase who was at Norwich

[quote user="macattack"]

[/quote]

As I said to Smudger in another thread, it''s very easy to compare the best parts of the Chase regime with the worst of the current. What you conviently seem to be forgetting is the huge hole Chase left us in which has pretty much dicatated what we could do for the next few years. What I remember of the chase regime was as a 13 year old boy walking away from the river end after a match and looking back towards the city stand and seeing police horses charge city fans. As well as the chase out mugs, t-shirts and so forth and thinking I may not have a football team to support very soon. I am by no means defending Delia. I think over the past 3 or 4 years the board have wasted the chances they have been given and it''s now time for the Turner''s to take over, But lets drop this pathetic eulogising of good old Bobby Chase shall we. Because even as a kid I remember how badly things ended for us!

Now call me what you will, but i don''t ever rememeber Chase getting us to the FA cup Final ever!!!

He was also the bloke who made the two best managers we have ever had ( Mike Walker and Martin O''Neill), walk away from the club in disgust at his shameful dealings.!

I take it you are of  the 15 - 25 age bracket?

[quote user="macattack"]

[/quote]

When did NCFC get to two FA cup finals. Two semi finals but never the final. 

Chase = 2 FA Cup SEMI-finals, European football, 5th,4th, 3rd in top division, relegation, massive debts, near bankruptancy, almost destroyed the club

Delia = Saved club from going under,  1 successful  manager out of 4, improved financial situation.

Chase did well for the club for a long time but stayed far too long, you might well say the same about Delia, but at least take a balanced look at both of them.  

At the end of the day in FOOTBALL terms there is very little between Chase and the Smiths.

Both thought they could sell quality and replace with cheap and both got it wrong but its us the fans who paid and are still paying the price.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="macattack"]

[/quote]

When did NCFC get to two FA cup finals. Two semi finals but never the final. 

[/quote]

And forgive me if I point out that if I recall correctly we never finished 4th or 2nd in the top division, either!  This is clearly an NCFC from a (more successful) alternative universe!!!

[...it does also seem rather convenient to forget that Chase drove out Walker when we were going well, replacing him with Deehan and Megson''s two attempts sandwiched around the best manager in the country in O''Neill - who was driven out/lied to; hardly a catalogue of successful managerial moves - including 4 failures in the space of 24 months!]

You could cherrypick various good and bad points about the various regimes - but they really are different times now and almost impossible to realistically compare.   There are some undeniable facts though - under Chase we had our best playing era but it fell apart at what turned out to be completely the wrong time - just as the Premiership gravy train was taking off big-time.  It left us in the crapper and in absolutely the wrong place at the wrong time with little chance of recovery in the short term.  In the end, that was the actual remains of the Chase legacy and is the part that those with rose coloured spectacles really do seem to have forgotten.

Mmmm...Robert Chase. Jumpers for goalposts......Happy days indeed.

Still..looking on the bright side...we could make Wembley next season in the Johnsons Paint Trophy......

[quote user="Cluck "]

Mmmm...Robert Chase. Jumpers for goalposts......Happy days indeed.

Still..looking on the bright side...we could make Wembley next season in the Johnsons Paint Trophy......

[/quote]

I am sure that if Smith is here much longer then we can even give up all hope of achieving that pretty soon as well Cluck... [Y]

Robert Chase''s views would indeed be of interest and value.

Time to puncture the Deliamyth.

He got far, far more right than wrong.

She''s got far, far more wrong than right.

Simple, except for simpletons.

OTBC

[quote user="The Spirit of 93"]

Chase = 2 FA Cup SEMI-finals, European football, 5th,4th, 3rd in top division, relegation, £5.5m debt

Delia = 1 successful  manager out of 5, 1 promotion to top division & 1 relegation immediately thereafter. £18m in debt.

''Chase did well for the club for a long time but stayed far too long, you might well say the same about Delia, but at least take a balanced look at both of them''.  

[/quote]

NO - YOU TAKE A BALANCED LOOK, AT THE FACTS!.

''And forgive me if I point out that if I recall correctly we never finished 4th or 2nd in the top division, either!  This is clearly an NCFC from a (more successful) alternative universe!!!''

Yet another ''so called'' supporter who is unaware of our history. Ok, there has been no 2nd place finish, but Stringer DID achieve 4th - during the reign of the club''s greatest ever Chairman.

There is nothing to be debated here - denied perhaps (by the ''Smith worship brigade'') - but you cannot argue with fact.

Fantastic period of football, commencing with saving the club from financial ruin, promotion to the top league in his first year, & eventually ending in relegation. 2nd in this division with £5.5m debt at end of Chase''s reign.

Smith - disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

End of debate!.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

True Bly, but in the end they both got it wrong and that''s all that matters. If she steps aside now she''ll probably escape the abuse that Chase got but ultimately they both messed things up.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

True Bly, but in the end they both got it wrong and that''s all that matters. If she steps aside now she''ll probably escape the abuse that Chase got but ultimately they both messed things up.

[/quote]

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Shack, but compare the rides on the way to messing up.

Chalk and cheese.

OTBC

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Chase left us 2nd in this division, £5.5m in debt (but with valuable assets both on and off the pitch).

Smith resides over a club fighting a relegation battle with an £18m debt.

I see what you mean - little difference there really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUITE UNBELIEVABLE.

why is it everyone assumes that our good times were down to chase, from

what i recall we had some fantastic players which we didnt purchase

expensivly this is why we did well because we had as strong team that

wasnt put together with chases millions, what he did was actually tear

that squad apart causing relegation, lacked investment in the team at 

a time when he shouldve been investing and he took th club to the brink

of recievership and days from being a scarborough ie no more,  he also 

didnt back a manger  with finances when he had the chance, he sold our

best players and didnt replace em, whered did all this money go hey,

where did the money go from the sale of sutton and fox etcwat

has delia done, several of you actually slag delia off but was has she

done that is so wrong, well heres some stuff shes done right, invested

her own money in the club, bailed us out and employed people to

actually make th debt manageable which was so out fo control we were

days from being closed down under chase, sold of th land to bring in

much needed revenue, improved th infrastructure at the club bringing on

more revenue, got ticket sales up and gate reciepts up increasing

income for the club, she invested in the club when needed at a time we

were pushing for promotion, (whos money do you think it was paid for

loan fees for svensson, crouch and huckerby, and do u really think that

the club made enough to purchase huckerby form selling shares to fans,

i reckon she mightve helped out with some cash then to, what else has

she done, oh yes allowed for a increase in ground capacity, gotten a

improved sponsorship deal for the club, bought in two very wealthy

board members with possibility of great investment in the near future,

this club is financially stablised under the present board unlike it

was under chasein my opinion yes delias reign has had a few

mistakes but none to the extent of the likes of nearly closing the club

down like chases reign didim not a dlia supporter but i can see

the good things shes done for the club aswell as some of the bad

things, and saying we had some of the most successfull times under

chase is wrong the reason why we had those times down to th players we

had which chase had nothing to do with getting in,what did chase do for the club sweet fa it was the players and the manager that got us to 3rd in the prem and to those 2 semis, and it was the players that had th great run in europe not chaseto quote the so called legend chase,  "if chris sutton inst here next season there nor will i be", and what happened he sold chris sutton and stayed, so full of about as much crap as donc

[quote user="derehamcanary_fan"]why is it everyone assumes that our good times were down to chase, from what i recall we had some fantastic players which we didnt purchase expensivly this is why we did well because we had as strong team that wasnt put together with chases millions, what he did was actually tear that squad apart causing relegation, lacked investment in the team at  a time when he shouldve been investing and he took th club to the brink of recievership and days from being a scarborough ie no more,  he also  didnt back a manger  with finances when he had the chance, he sold our best players and didnt replace em, whered did all this money go hey, where did the money go from the sale of sutton and fox etc

wat has delia done, several of you actually slag delia off but was has she done that is so wrong, well heres some stuff shes done right, invested her own money in the club, bailed us out and employed people to actually make th debt manageable which was so out fo control we were days from being closed down under chase, sold of th land to bring in much needed revenue, improved th infrastructure at the club bringing on more revenue, got ticket sales up and gate reciepts up increasing income for the club, she invested in the club when needed at a time we were pushing for promotion, (whos money do you think it was paid for loan fees for svensson, crouch and huckerby, and do u really think that the club made enough to purchase huckerby form selling shares to fans, i reckon she mightve helped out with some cash then to, what else has she done, oh yes allowed for a increase in ground capacity, gotten a improved sponsorship deal for the club, bought in two very wealthy board members with possibility of great investment in the near future, this club is financially stablised under the present board unlike it was under chase

in my opinion yes delias reign has had a few mistakes but none to the extent of the likes of nearly closing the club down like chases reign did

im not a dlia supporter but i can see the good things shes done for the club aswell as some of the bad things, and saying we had some of the most successfull times under chase is wrong the reason why we had those times down to th players we had which chase had nothing to do with getting in,

what did chase do for the club sweet fa it was the players and the manager that got us to 3rd in the prem and to those 2 semis, and it was the players that had th great run in europe not chase

to quote the so called legend chase,  "if chris sutton inst here next season there nor will i be", and what happened he sold chris sutton and stayed, so full of about as much crap as donc
[/quote]

Quite remarkable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="GB1902"]

What I remember of the chase regime was as a 13 year old boy walking away from the river end after a match and looking back towards the city stand and seeing police horses charge city fans. As well as the chase out mugs, t-shirts and so forth and thinking I may not have a football team to support very soon.[/quote]

Was that the Boxing Day 1995 Southend game I mentioned in another thread yesterday by any chance?

Oh yeh bring back Robert Chase.

Awesome Idea.

Then we will lose Martin O''Neill because chase refuses to buy Dean Windass ( and we all saw what Windass is capable of earlier this season... and hes 38 )

And in his stead we buy Robert Fleck

Seriously its different situations between Delia and Chase.

This thread is really dumb !