Sign in to follow this  
Pottsy

Squad for next season

Working on the basic rule which Worthy has always stated, that u need at least two senior players in each position:

Green:Gallagher
Edworthy:Briggs
Fleming:??????????
Mackay:Shackell
Drury:Brennan
Bentley:Mcveigh
Holt:Francis
Safri:Mulryne
Henderson:Rivers
Huckerby:Mckenzie
Svensson:??????? Jarvis going out on loan

I would say that another striker who can hold the ball up will come in and another defender as cover. People on this board are saying we''ll get in a load of new players but didn''t Worthy state last week that he was gonna try and strenghten the numbers by two or three?
Some of u might say what about Zema but even though i''ve always defended him in the past, he is no good in the prem and will only stay if we''re unable to find that target man. I believe the squad needs more than this as this is a top div 1 side but a below average prem squad but i think we have to accept that we won''t be strenghtening our team greatly just thickenining out the squad.

Not sure about the Shackell, Henderson Rivers part, but we shall see, keep the faith there is still time for some more additions

Yes Worthy said 2 or 3 new signings, but he wanted them in before the start of pre-season training - which has obviously not happened. He has previously stated that he wanted 5 or 6 players, and has currently signed 3, so I guess 2 or 3 more would be about right, depending who they are......

Worthy clearly states two maybe three more signings, i''m sorry but Hendo, Rivers and Shackell will all probably have to play at some point if you''re realistic!!!!!!
So what my post is trying to say really is that the next two will a central defender and a striker. Maybe Crouch as soon as Villa tie up Carlton Cole deal.