Sign in to follow this  
england1966

new mangaer

What is all this Crook nonsense? Just cos he played at Norwich doesn''t make him a good candidate. Crook would do a worse job than Grant! If we get Crook as manager then we might as well forget the championship and welcome league one

We need an experienced manager to lift the pressure and get us out of this relegation mess. An unexperienced manager would be foolish and cheap!

grant and crook are completeley different. their playing styles reflect that!!!! crook played with intelligence, using his brain. that''s the way he will manage, that''s why people will respect him and listen to him!!!

well said 1966, a class act on and off the field, plus his dedication to Norwich and their succsess is second to none, much more so then grant, crook ultimatly bleeds yellow and green, hes had a couple of seasons of management so at least gives him a head start over grant, with a decent coach and jim duffy i think it will be ok

farewell granty

Ian Crook has been out of the English game for a long time and has zero management experience here.I didnt renew my season ticket this season as it was obvious to me that Peter Grant did not have a clue.Joe Royle was my choice to replace Worthy and is definitely the man for the current crisis.Great player,ex-City player,hugely respected,a man of integrity and with a PROVEN MANAGERIAL TRACK RECORD (!)  whose teams play attractive Football.For God''s sake not Steve Bruce,who dumped clubs right ,left and centre in his climb up the ladder and who struggles with all of Birmingham''s resources or worse still Peter Reid! Bring Big Joe back to Carrow Road !

There is no way ian crook will get the manager''s job. Not with our current situation the board will only go with someone with bags of experience.

[quote user="foxy"]Ian Crook has been out of the English game for a long time and has zero management experience here.[/quote]

Agreed, not what we need as a manager in the present climate.  How about as assistant to a more experienced guy though?

Dump sentiment we need experience.

Personally I do think we have a good squad of players - we don''t need a magician who will "make a silk purse out of sows ear" (Mr Bond circa 1975) but a solid experienced manager who will get the best out of what we have got.

All along I have seen Grant as a good "number 2", the foundations of the current team are not that bad - he just couldn''t get them working as a team

while crook may be a good manager one day, we need it now, the players will only respond to a big character who they no all about, i no that jewell wont take the job as he wants a prem job, but if he got the city job it wud make the players and fans sit up and take notice, i guess we will see over the nxt 2 weeks just how much our board are prepared to push for success ! .. (something tell''s me that neil donkey-caster and the "so solid crew" wont be trying that hard, hope im wrong).. ?

[quote user="foxy"]Ian Crook has been out of the English game for a long time and has zero management experience here.I didnt renew my season ticket this season as it was obvious to me that Peter Grant did not have a clue.Joe Royle was my choice to replace Worthy and is definitely the man for the current crisis.Great player,ex-City player,hugely respected,a man of integrity and with a PROVEN MANAGERIAL TRACK RECORD (!)  whose teams play attractive Football.For God''s sake not Steve Bruce,who dumped clubs right ,left and centre in his climb up the ladder and who struggles with all of Birmingham''s resources or worse still Peter Reid! Bring Big Joe back to Carrow Road ![/quote]

I wouldn''t be at all surprised to see Big Joe back.....the whispers I''ve been hearing are for Jewell or Joe.

& Either I''d be extremely happy with

crook would make a good manager, but not yet h will need to be a league 2 manager first to learn his trade, yhes had reasonable sucess as a coach at teams that have about as much class as conference sides, i dont even think royale is the man for the job as some fans wont like the fact hes managed the binners, anyway one person that would do well has already got some experience but no one seem to have hardly mentioned is david o leary, what do u think to this person, or does anyone know what tony adams is doing these days, i know he was at pompey but is he still there would he relish a chance,

great shout about lan Crook, but l spoke to him today and norwich have not been in contact, he seems to think they might go for martin allen or paul lnce, wants the job though with maybe pierre lipbarski

I would rather we had Joe Royle than another rookie.  Now that is saying something.

[quote user="england1966"]looks likely that crook will get job. with an experianced coach... possibly dave williams!!![/quote]

I think Crook would be a fantastic choice. Managers with so called "proven track records" are fine but sooner or later they fail.

Chippy nows how to play attractive, attacking & winning football, he knows what this Club is all about & he knows what the fans want and expect.

Undoubtably he would have learned a lot from Mike Walker, who I believe had an "unproven track record" before he came here.

The fact that he''s not currently familiar with English football would probably be a benefit.

Personally, I''d rather have Crook than most of the other serious contenders, and that includes Jewel, or ex Binners, that are reported to be in the frame, who interestingly have both proven & unproven track records.

Warnock would have been my first choice and only because he would have kicked a few asses, including that of Mr Huckerby, but as he''s no longer available, then Crook will do for me. Would be even better if we could get Mark Bowen as his No 2.

[quote user="Making Plans"]

I think Crook would be a fantastic choice. Managers with so called "proven track records" are fine but sooner or later they fail.

Chippy nows how to play attractive, attacking & winning football, he knows what this Club is all about & he knows what the fans want and expect.

Undoubtably he would have learned a lot from Mike Walker, who I believe had an "unproven track record" before he came here.

The fact that he''s not currently familiar with English football would probably be a benefit.

Personally, I''d rather have Crook than most of the other serious contenders, and that includes Jewel, or ex Binners, that are reported to be in the frame, who interestingly have both proven & unproven track records.

Warnock would have been my first choice and only because he would have kicked a few asses, including that of Mr Huckerby, but as he''s no longer available, then Crook will do for me. Would be even better if we could get Mark Bowen as his No 2.

NO! NO1 NO!.... Give the Crook Bowen dream team a rest, we need a proven manager not another bloody experiment.

[/quote]

Fair play in that crook has proven himself overseas, but again, he''s unproven at this level, no English mangerial experience and ultimately would just be another ''Grant'' type of appointment. The board should go all out to get Paul Jewell, he is exactly the big name, proven type of individual we need. The board cannot afford to get it wrong again, as the club could well be finished. For me, Paul Jewell has to be the man for Norwich.

Unlike rookies like Grant who fail from day one. 

Please, please wake up and stop wetting your pants on some sort of weird nostalgia trip about ''chippy'' and the good old days.  We are in the sh** and we need a proven experienced manager.  Why would anyone want to gamble on an unknown at this stage?

[quote user="Making Plans"]

[/quote]

crook & bowen?? crook & williams?? bowen & williams?? bruce & watson??

combinations of city legends!! and who played in norwich teams that played the real way norwich should play!!!!!