Sign in to follow this  
In Dubious Battle

What if Duffy does well?

What would peoples opinions be if a few weeks passed with no new manager appointed and Duffy went and won 3 or 4 games in a row? Should we then give him until the end of the season or do we still appoint someone new?

Just to add that firstly i don''t think he would take us on a winning run and also i am in no way in favour of us appointing Duffy i just thought it would pose an interesting question.

Don''t think he''ll get that much time tbh, I think a new manager will be in place by the end of next week and if not the beginning of the following week, I would be very surprised and disappointed if he got the job.

I don''t think he''ll get the time, but if he does well give him the job! I''m not into favouring someone based on personalities - we need results whoever gets them.

I would like to see Duffy stay on as an assistant though - his knowledge of football is top class and he has experience, I don''t want him as manager but I think he''s a good assistant to have!

[quote]

Nightmares of a certain jovial irish caretaker who got the job on the strength of a derby win......

whatever happens lets start from scratch

[/quote]Tell me about it. He only went and got us into a playoff final before winning the league.Nightmare.