Sign in to follow this  
listen (formerly MG7)

David Johnson?!

We''ve been linked with a ''shock £3 million move'' for him on the FootyMad website.

Personally, I wouldn''t like to see us pay anywhere near that much for him. He''s an average player, who is also an ex-Binner. Never a good combination in my book!

And for half that, we coul probably get in old Crouchy-boy.

What do you reckon though? Hopefully it''s a load of rubbish.

OTBC

Cannot see Worthy parting with 3MQuid for ALL the squad re-inforcements, let alone for just one player!
Proven goal-scorer though. We could do worse, but being an ex-binman would make it very difficult for him to win the crowd over. He''d have to score 30 goals in his first season, then of course he WOULD be worth 3MQuid!

Andy Down Under, I can not see you cheering him on after what you use to call him in the stands with me when he was a binner!

Rustyboy - no matter how hard I cheer or jeer, no-one at Carra Rud can hear me from Western Australia!
Incidentally, Ian Crook is our ''Soccer Panelist'' on Fox TV out here for the Euro2004 competition. I quite like him in this role. He talks sense, unlike Robbie Slater who is just another loud-mouth ocker aussie!
See you at the Blackburn match in November if I can get a ticket.

Chuckle, the rumour mill is still churning I see! The journos are still writing b*llocks is the summer silly season.

I''d be happy if we brought Johnson in for 300k, that''s what he''s worth now and not ten times that amount. Although he''d definitely be fifth choice striker. But just like the previous 50 rumours I''ve read now on this site, it''s rubbish. Be prepared for three or four more total surprise signings like Safri was.

Its all going pear-shaped at Forest ........... the Nott`m city council want their 4.5 mill loan to build the trent end stand back asap ! ... plus all the interest due :o( ............ Forest have not even been paying the interest regularly .............. the council are now going to court to get the money ...... and it could end up with Forest being in the hands of receivers ........... its all a sharp reminder for us not to run before we can walk Eh ?

Hey if forest go into recievership I''m sure we''d be willing to take Dawson and Reid off their hands. One million for the pair sound fair?! ;)

It would take a bit of getting used to supporting Johnson but im sure as all canary fans are that if he starts banging in the goals he will soon be supported and worshiped

What is the problem with him anyway. As far as I am concerned he has always been a regular goalscorer and when he came back from injury last season his first game for Forest was against the Binners in which he put two excellent goals in. Whether he is worth 3 mill or not is up to Worthy to decide but I certainly would not turn my nose up at what I consider a class player who certainly knows where the net is. Hope if he signs then because he used to play for the Binners is not held against him. Already certain people are slamming Youseff before he even arrives here which if this is aimed at certain players at the ground could undo our season before it even starts. Its not as if we have not had ex Binners players before. Remember the winger Clive Woods. At least Johnston has split from the Binners a couple of seasons ago and has played for someone else since. Give all our players a fair crack and get behind the team.

While reading the edp this morning... glaring innacuracies appear in the story.. Joe Royle appeared for ''both teams''?? I think not... ''as did Bryan Hamilton''?? Wrong again. John Deehan, however, did, and theres no mention of trevor putney. Hopefully this will knock the credibility of the story. If we are about to spalsh £3M. i would expect a top performer from Euro..

I have no problem with Johnson being ex Ipswich; if a player wants to play for the club and is good enough thats what counts. I do have a problem with the price tag and also we have a much greater need for players in other positions before we sign any more strikers.

Basically, no thanks.

And definately not at £3m. I mean, for that money surely we could get Crouch. And I''d rather have him than an ex-binman who''s worth no more than £1m in today''s market....

Ama

Permission to retract my post from yesterday! I have been thinking about this all morning and I have to admit it- I''m excited at the prospect. The main reason I hated him so much when he was at the scum was simple- It was because he was a good striker. It pains me to admit it, but he was. He was pacey, had a good shot and was handy Ok, I admit that £3M is a bit steep but look at the facts. He''s a proven goal scorer. Even when he''s injured for most of the season he can still hit the back of the net! If the price came down a bit I''d be happy with him.

Ps Apologies for completely contradicting myself here!!

If Worthington’s top transfer target is David Johnson who was injured basically all of last season and went to Forest because he didn’t prove himself in the premiership with Ipswich then we certainly don’t want him as our number one target in the transfer market.

well put jsf,a rasberry ripple who couldn''t hack it in the premier last time at 3mill -far too much and far too much of a drain on our physio''s valuable time, i''ll go and lie on his table for lot less than that!

I am not saying whether he would be good or bad for Norwich, but DJ''s form at Forest when he came back from injury was excellent.
If Forest had him fit all last season they would have been play off material, if not higher.

Also Forest currently owe Nottingham City Council a large heap of money (for rebuilding Trent End a few years ago).
They are getting very close to having to find a few million rapidly or they risk defaulting on loan agreements.

Nick

I would be amazed if Worthy paid anything like 3m for one player and seriously worried if that player was David Johnson.
Part of it is my heart saying "Ex binner, will never bleed yellow and green like us"
But the more important part are the points already raised by others - Out injured for most of last season and a questionable premiership record.
No thanks, lets have Riccardo Fuller instead.

no thanks, if we were to sign a binner, please let it be someone with hunger and talent (and also someone who still plays for them, ie, cheap) bent or bowditch

d johnson, not overly impressed, injuries come to mind and just not worth £3m, not even £1m

sorry, but no - if anyone from forest, let''s have dawson

Johnson is a good enough player, but this doesn''t sound like a sensible piece of business. Why would we want a player like him when leon did so well at the back end of last season? I would have thought we''d be far more likely to go in for a striker like Crouch or Fuller who could offer something different to the squad and maybe improve it.