Sign in to follow this  
Jerzy Krukowski

Why Crook will be next manager

Because the board will want someone guaranteed to get the support of the fans. That could be achieved with the likes of Jewell and Mourinho (obviously no chance) but Jewell will stay premier league. The only other options are ex players with reputation. Who else is there, Dublin, Iwan etc have no experience in which case that leaves Crook or Bowen, I think it''ll be Crook.

I can''t believe they''ll go for an in-experienced manager, they''ll go for someone old who has been around, even if it''s only a short/mid-term solution.

I HOPE you are WRONG.

We are asking for trouble by appointing a manager with no FULL management experience.

We have 24,000+ fans and have the possibility of going to the Prem in the next 2 years if we pick the correct Manager. We are not that small a club. I would say we are bigger than QPR! and Palace! So why don''t we go for a high class manager?

I would try to get Steve Bruce from Birmingham. The Fans will love Bruce and I believe Bruce would like it here. No worries with this board, compared to Birmingham.

I understand what you mean totally but I just hope we go for a highly class of manager. We can''t afford to take risks!

Cheers

[quote user="SPat"]Because the board will want someone guaranteed to get the support of the fans. That could be achieved with the likes of Jewell and Mourinho (obviously no chance) but Jewell will stay premier league. The only other options are ex players with reputation. Who else is there, Dublin, Iwan etc have no experience in which case that leaves Crook or Bowen, I think it''ll be Crook.
[/quote]

I would say that if the club appointed an inexperienced manager like Crook it would be more likely people would turn against them, Crook may have been a decent player but he is not what we need, the board can''t afford to get this one wrong and an inexperienced manager is certainly far more risky than a proven one.

[quote user="Bomber"]Ian Crook - Bring it on[/quote]

Yep spot on Bomber , along side David Williams , can you imagine what our mid field would be like ? I will tell you out of this world [Y] arrdee.

lets get a manager with good man managment skills like jewell hes got to be the no 1 choice

he would get the best out of hucks and the rest

maybe ian crook as no 2

[quote user="Cobain18"]Crook would not have my support, that is just the WRONG choice[/quote]

It could well be the wrong choice Cobain18, but a shame you wouldn''t support Chippy. The next manager is going to need all the support he can get....

I''d support the team and would want them to win every game but I would not support Crook until results improve (which I don''t believe they would)

[quote user="SPat"]Because the board will want someone guaranteed to get the support of the fans. That could be achieved with the likes of Jewell and Mourinho (obviously no chance) but Jewell will stay premier league. The only other options are ex players with reputation. Who else is there, Dublin, Iwan etc have no experience in which case that leaves Crook or Bowen, I think it''ll be Crook.

[/quote]

Maybe the board could be thinking of bringing in Joe Royle and Chippy as his first-team coach with a view to possibly taking over the managerial reins in a couple of years.

Mark .Y.

I can''t see Crook being the man to sort this mess out....and I would hate to see such a wonderful rapport with the fans spoilt if he was used as a populist tool by the Board.

It will be Duffy I reckon...as it would fit perfectly within the usual thinking of this club. In a way I hope it is....so that the incoming new Board will have the freedom to pick their own man.......

[quote user="Mark .Y."]

[/quote]

Maybe the board could be thinking of bringing in Joe Royle and Chippy as his first-team coach with a view to possibly taking over the managerial reins in a couple of years.

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

Now that might not be a bad suggestion - Royle has a pretty formidable track record of promotions at smaller clubs and his teams usually played good football.  Looking to build some experience into Crook with a view to the future and promoting from within.  Be a bit like the old days with John Bond/Ken Brown/Dave Stringer etc and the foundations they laid saw us through some of the best years in our history.

[quote user="arrdee"]

[quote user="Bomber"]Ian Crook - Bring it on[/quote]

Yep spot on Bomber , along side David Williams , can you imagine what our mid field would be like ? I will tell you out of this world [Y] arrdee.

[/quote]

Only if they both put their boots on again..

[quote user="Mark .Y."]

[/quote]

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

Now that would be an interesting choice. Royle has the experince and Chippy has the affection of the fans. Again I would like us to take this break to see many different potential candiates, since some sound scouting knowledge and networks of potential talent would seem necessary with money being tight for anyone to suceed  in that manager''s job.

Crook was flown out from Australia and interviewed in London. The decision to appoint PG was not unanimous in the first instance so at Delias insistance there was a second vote which was unanimous. Delia thought that PG was the man for the job.

Crook has been in Australia too long now to cope with the difficulties of being manager at CR though I agree he would make a good coach. He is unlikely to settle for that position without an agreement that he will eventually have the job.

Life is good in Australia although daily more problems are arising and the energy and excitment of living in Europe are missing.

Doncasters view that the Board will sit down and identify the problems at CR and decide on the man for the job is rubbish. Delia, the Board and the fans all know what is wanted and that is a man to get NCFC into the Premiership.

Its hard for someone from the North West to come and live in EA. Hard for him and his family to be accepted. Hard because of his manner of speech, his directness. No one knows more about that than me. Paul Jewell is the man for the job and Roger Munby needs to get on his bike and persuade him to come to CR.

Munby is a Yorkshire man and although that is not really the same thing he can speak the same language and he has been very successful and made a good life for himself in Norfolk.

Go, go, go Munby...... quicker the better.