Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

Strihavka scores twice

Your Mr Strihavka scored both goals in your 2-2 draw yesterday with Colchester United reserves - the first an excellent through ball from Chadwick and the second a very good solo strike from just inside the box.

Your Reserves are top of the league and unbeaten.

The majority of us have been impressed with what little we''ve seen of him.  Hopefully under the new manager he''ll be given a run and start a few games. This looks increasingly likely now Cureton is injured.

[quote user="YellowIce"]

I really was Striker to have a run of games. . . .

Hes got a surprising amount of pace for a big man

[/quote]

The second goal was particular good, apparently.  Let rip from just inside the area with a real rocket which beat Davidson all ends up although he went the right way for it.  Good finishing in both cases.  Perhaps a new era may give him a chance.

One of our match reports suggests he gave our defence something of a torrid time.

The game was played in atrocious conditions, torrential rain throughout and with pools of water on the pitch in the second half! 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE say Dave will get a run of games soon!

From what Ive seen (which isnt much) he does look quality. On the pace comment, it is possible to be big and have pace I''m the biggest in my team and just about the quickest too.

[quote user="camuldonum"]

Your Mr Strihavka scored both goals in your 2-2 draw yesterday with Colchester United reserves - the first an excellent through ball from Chadwick and the second a very good solo strike from just inside the box.

Your Reserves are top of the league and unbeaten.

[/quote]

You never know maybe PG might leave us a legacy just like Worthy with Deon!

[quote user="sig"]

The majority of us have been impressed with what little we''ve seen of him.  Hopefully under the new manager he''ll be given a run and start a few games. This looks increasingly likely now Cureton is injured.

[/quote]

Hopefully the new manager won''t keep playing Brown either. Sorry I know I make it sound like hes the bain of the club but hes really not very good IMO.

camuldonum why the extreme interest in Norwich City, were your ancesters part of Bodicas Iceni Army when they sacked Colchester c.61AD? Thats why we hate Ipswich so much i guess, as that lot were part of the Trinovantes tribe who sided with the Romans that ultimately led to her defeat.

I second that but with Curo out for what looks like a long time, who can we get as a partner for Sticky?

Martin proved ineffective against QPR

Hucks proved himself ineffective upfront against QPR

Brown proved himself ineffective against everyone

Dion proved himself as good at pretty much everything he needs to do forward and back, but he more often than not has to cover for the defenders.

So- sort out the defence, and then we have Big D to help educate Sticks in the English game.

Having Strihavka as good as Dion can only be good for us, given the 16 years younger he is!!

Sorry I have a habit of concocting long future plans

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]Hopefully the new manager won''t keep playing Brown either. Sorry I know I make it sound like hes the bain of the club but hes really not very good IMO.[/quote]

Brown was the best choice for the style of football we have been playing. He was actually getting near the ball as it was lumped up field by the defence. Hopefully we can get a manager who will get us to pass it through the midfield on the floor for the strikers.

Or at least get the wingers getting a decent cross in. Brown like all the others has had no service, he has just been playing more so has been more ineffectual than the others.