Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Dion Dublin - The next Roy Keane?

Just because a manager has no experience hasn''t mean they shouldn''t manage Norwich. For instance we look at Sunderland and the amazing turn around that Roy Keane performed..... Roy Keane might be considered by same as one of the top young managers around, so why not Dion? Both players are experienced, have performed international so should Dion is manager...........

..........No, I dont think so. When we look at Roy Keane, he learnt from the best in Alex Ferguson whereas Dion has never had any amazing mentors to learn from. Dion was at Man Utd for two years whereas Roy was there nearly all of his career. To be blunt, Dion doesn''t know enough to be manager but I think if he was appointed first-team coach it would be good. He''s one of the players and is a role model of the game.

1st - We need a manager with experience

2nd - Dion does not want the job, he wants to go into media and will not move from Brum

3rd - Can we stop linking present and ex players to the job, as proven already sentimentality does not get results in football

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

Dion doesn''t know enough to be manager [/quote]

That''s debatable Tom, he may well do?. He''s been around the block, and has worked with some great managers...and some not so great ;). I hope he''s kept on in some capacity when he finally hangs up his boots.

[quote user="Cobain18"]

2nd - Dion does not want the job, he wants to go into media and will not move from Brum

3rd - Can we stop linking present and ex players to the job, as proven already sentimentality does not get results in football

[/quote]Absolutely agreed.  I read the Pink Un headlines about Crookie with horror.  Right now we need to put our money (what little we have) where it''s smartest and not gamble on an ex-player without managerial experience.  Managing (in any business) is an art in iteself and just because someone was a great player or servant for a club doesn''t mean that they have the capability for it.  We need a manager who has been there and done it - saving a team from relegation and getting a team promoted from the championship.  IMO we''ve gotta pray for Bolton to have an upturn in form and for Mr Jewell to make himself available.

Can we all get real please and drop the sentimental ''old boy'' rubbish - its that sort of small town mentality that has put us where we are today.  We should be demanding Paul Jewell, Steve Bruce or someone of a similar calibre with a proven coach to back him up.  Anything less now would be a disaster.

Lets talk up some success for once.

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

Just because a manager has no experience hasn''t mean they shouldn''t manage Norwich. For instance we look at Sunderland and the amazing turn around that Roy Keane performed..... Roy Keane might be considered by same as one of the top young managers around, so why not Dion? Both players are experienced, have performed international so should Dion is manager...........

..........No, I dont think so. When we look at Roy Keane, he learnt from the best in Alex Ferguson whereas Dion has never had any amazing mentors to learn from. Dion was at Man Utd for two years whereas Roy was there nearly all of his career. To be blunt, Dion doesn''t know enough to be manager but I think if he was appointed first-team coach it would be good. He''s one of the players and is a role model of the game.

[/quote]

[quote user="Cobain18"]

[/quote]

AGREED - prob worst manager for you guys at the moment

[quote user="Cobain18"]

[/quote]

Thankyou. All points spot on.

Dion would have been spot on in a caretaker role while the board made their decision over the next week. I feel he could have pulled the dressing room together and had all the players on the same side when the new man came in.

As a permanent appointment, NO. We have to have someone with experience.

[quote user="JC"]

Can we all get real please and drop the sentimental ''old boy'' rubbish - its that sort of small town mentality that has put us where we are today.  We should be demanding Paul Jewell, Steve Bruce or someone of a similar calibre with a proven coach to back him up.  Anything less now would be a disaster.

Lets talk up some success for once.

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote][/quote]Thats all well and good JC and i like your attitude but to be blunt we need money to be able to attract that type of manager something we don''t have.