Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

SO! HOW WILL YOU REACT IF AND WHEN.................

...........................Norwich City appoint: not Jewel or Tilson or Allen or any other of the aspirational names touted.

Say they go with the safe or cheap option, the uninspired or predictable choice.

Since Martin O''Neill came and went when did we have a manager who made you think - a la John Bond - this bloke has got some charisma and we''ve got him as our manager?

I wonder how much notice this Board dares not to pay to the supporters who are positively baying for an appointment of intent, a manager who will make the players sit up and take notice, who has the contacts to bring in the loanees to lift us and who gives the supporters genuine belief?

Personally, if they give the job to Duffy, even after good results the supporters will feel short changed again, but how will they and you react?

I can''t take much more disappointment from our personality devoid Board. Doncaster said:

“What the board will do is sit down and very carefully look at what the attributes are that we think the next manager of this football club needs,” he said.

That is ominous. Attributes - work with no money - be a yes man - be a Roman Catholic - be a current employee - be a former player - be cheap - be prepared to work with someone else''s players?

I know what attributes I want and the fans know too but it seems the new manager has to be a clone of the Board....first they build a manager in their own image then they go out and find a person to fit that image, result: stagnation.

Why not pick a manager who will challenge them; force them to think differently; be a contrast a ying to their yang?

Stand by for inaction then be prepared to be disappointed. I hope I''m wrong because for me I will completely turn my back on the current regime (you can never divorce your Club) but how will you react???

[quote]Since Martin O''Neill came and went when did we have a manager who made

you think - a la John Bond - this bloke has got some charisma and we''ve

got him as our manager?[/quote]I thought that of Worthington when he signed Ashton.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

...........................Norwich City appoint: not Jewel or Tilson or Allen or any other of the aspirational names touted.

Say they go with the safe or cheap option, the uninspired or predictable choice.

Since Martin O''Neill came and went when did we have a manager who made you think - a la John Bond - this bloke has got some charisma and we''ve got him as our manager?

I wonder how much notice this Board dares not to pay to the supporters who are positively baying for an appointment of intent, a manager who will make the players sit up and take notice, who has the contacts to bring in the loanees to lift us and who gives the supporters genuine belief?

Personally, if they give the job to Duffy, even after good results the supporters will feel short changed again, but how will they and you react?

I can''t take much more disappointment from our personality devoid Board. Doncaster said:

“What the board will do is sit down and very carefully look at what the attributes are that we think the next manager of this football club needs,” he said.

That is ominous. Attributes - work with no money - be a yes man - be a Roman Catholic - be a current employee - be a former player - be cheap - be prepared to work with someone else''s players?

I know what attributes I want and the fans know too but it seems the new manager has to be a clone of the Board....first they build a manager in their own image then they go out and find a person to fit that image, result: stagnation.

Why not pick a manager who will challenge them; force them to think differently; be a contrast a ying to their yang?

Stand by for inaction then be prepared to be disappointed. I hope I''m wrong because for me I will completely turn my back on the current regime (you can never divorce your Club) but how will you react???

[/quote] I feel you must share my mindset Rude Old. I don''t think the word Charisma is in the pocket dictionary shared by the board. The pages are stuck together as they search for Cheap......

[/quote]I fear you are going to be 100% correct with this.Without the Turners coming in and putting some money on the table,can you see it possibly being any different?.This current board have no idea how a club should be run,but who is to say anyone else coming in will know any better?.I am sorry but the way I feel, if the current board is still in place showing no ambition I will NOT be remewing my seasonticket for sure.

It seems if we appoint a young and ambitious manager from a lower division club, a lot of people will be disappointed!

But thats exactly what John Bond was when we appointed him-at Bournemouth.

O''Neill came from Wycombe-people were delighted at his appointment.

Mike Walker was an internal appointment whose only previous experience as a Manager had been at Colchester!

Ron Saunders came from a modest team as well-please correct me if I''m wrong-but wasn''t it Oxford United?

The point is, getting someone from a smaller club, or who is young and has little experience isn''t neccessarily a good move OR a bad move-it depends on the person and the circumstances, some you win, some you lose. The above were winners, Worthy (from Blackpool) was a winner to a certain extent as well. Yet, repeating the trick, Everton lured Walker from a smaller club (ourselves!) and he was a massive flop!

Theres no set formula or rule about it. Grant might have been a massive success. He wasn''t. Likewise, whoever else we appoint will be one of the same, but, whoever he is, and wherever he is now doesn''t prove much at all, other than the perception of him and our clubs vision at the time of the appointment.

(you can never divorce your Club)

[/quote]

You can Rude Old.  They''ve been unfaithful to you twice in the last 12 years.  The very fact that you''ve mentioned the "d" word shows you''ve thought of it.

We are all disappointed, frustrated and angry at the position the team is in, not just the position in the table but also with regard to the immediate future.  I think the majority of supporters want to see a strong statement of intent in action, not words by the appointment of a manager who will inspire both the team and the fans.  When one considers the possibilities it is with the odd exception an uninspiring list.  Although Paul Jewell is currently still the bookies favourite it seems the press do not agree, being convinced that he is either as yet unwilling to return to the game or is waiting for the sword to fall on Sammy Lee at Bolton thus allowing him to stay in his beloved north west.  If this is in fact true then who are we left with?  Answer: Steve Bruce.  Surely the board must now go for the safest (not the cheapest) option.  Yes it will cost, but not anywhere near that of dropping into league one (division three)!  I have read lots of comments blaming the board for our current plight and I believe it is true that their misplaced loyalty to Worthington and consequent reluctance to dispatch him before he wasted the premiership money and lost the respect of players and supporters alike has been the main cause of where we are now.  The appointment of Grant has proved to be a mistake, but at least the plug has been pulled in time, provided the right man is selected.  The other major issue is of course money.  Despite the official denials regarding any transfer of power in the boardroom, there seems little hope of a healthy future without a substantial inject of cash, which if they chose to do so the Turners could provide.  There are at least 6 clubs in this division who have huge amounts of money compared to us and are willing to invest it in players either bought or loaned in on big salaries.  It is no good Neil Doncaster preaching "prudence with ambition" and complaining about the huge gulf between the Premiership and the Championship when the former will never lead to the latter.  The Turners need to take control, pump in the money to get the best manager and provide him with the financial clout necessary to get us out of this mire.  Prudence should be shown the same door as Grant and let''s start to compete for a place back in the land of milk and honey.  £50m for finishing last!  What would that do for the debts?