Sign in to follow this  
As my login causes problems [ :o) ]

So what about letting the fans back in Colney then ?

Out with the old, in with the new ...... the King is dead long live the King ..... one door closes ..... OK get the direction of this piece?

Peter Grant has gone and one of his most unpopular decisions was to turn Colney into Area 51 with guards and an air of secrecy that alien autopsies were being carried out by the Club physio.

Oh and that the devoted fans up there every week were actually working part time for Crystal Palace.

Well Mr Doncaster or whoever is running the shop could it be time to make a few friends and end the ridiculous ban on fans up at Colney?

If it has already happened, with lightning speed, following Peter Grant''s departure then well done, but maybe the Media department could tell one or two people and the Club could regain that image of a family club.

Now I''m not too sure how in tune with your kid''s holidays you busy footballing people are, but it is half term in just over a week and it would be a positive customer service mood to let the customers of the future actually come and see their heroes.

oh to finish my starting piece off ....... another door opens?

Completely agree Face. The closure of Colney to fans was over the top and had no real reasoning behind it. Us mere fans knowing anything about football, and enough to pass on to opposing managers!! Give us a break Doncaster and co, what do mere fans know about football? And would the club like to give us an example when someone ran to an opposing manager and gave him some really decent info about the players, tactics that he didn''t already know! What next, ban us from games?

Paranoia is setting in at the club. To think that we are not welcome to watch the players train (and as you rightly point out - this is supposedly a family friendly club) - is beginning to really make you think......

It''s a lovely little world up at Colney, big shiny new cars in the car park, a lovely ten pitches or so (and if you are lucky you get invited in for a coffee!). You can watch the training and chat to the players and most importantly get your kids into the supporting way of life by letting them bond with players and feel part of it all. What chance have the kids got now? Dire football, sour atmosphere at games. If you were ten years old, would you want to support NCFC at the moment?

Think again NCFC - your fan friendly image is tarnished to say the least.

It may be controversial but i''m not sure it would be a good move. If Grant was right and opposition teams were having us watched we should keep Colney closed to the public, especially with the position we''re in right now!

So Cobain, all the years Colney and indeed Trowse before that was open to the public, did any opposing team really find out anything they didn''t already know?

I am amazed that anyone in football could learn more by attending one of our training sessions, except by possibly learning that we don''t do what perhaps we should!

Grant closed the doors to Colney so the teams tactics could remain secret. Looking at City this season I don''t know if we had any so they wouldn''t of learnt much.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]So Cobain, all the years Colney and indeed Trowse before that was open to the public, did any opposing team really find out anything they didn''t already know? I am amazed that anyone in football could learn more by attending one of our training sessions, except by possibly learning that we don''t do what perhaps we should![/quote]

Well they may have learned the personnel that were going to use to play against them and the tactics we would use as well as exactly how we were going to play them if they watched a training session a couple of days before the match. I''m obviously can''t be sure that this has been happening but if as Grant said people were having us watched a coople of days before the match then yes I believe Colney should remain closed