Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

Ian Crook.....NO!

For Gods sake. Is it too hard to understand. We need a seasoned manager who knows the current English game. Ian Crook knows s*d all about the Championship.

Look at Palace...no messing find your man, make him an offer, show him your ambitious and get him signed up.

Our board wants to f@rt about getting cv''s and wrinting for refences.

Amateurs!!!!!

We need to bold and decisive.

Surely Grant''s departure wasn''t a complete shock and they must of had some plans in the eventuality.

agreed bringing crook in as manager would be shocking, never managed we have been down that road

quiet agree no good been away too long  muppet football

this time we need a name who the players will respect and stand up and be counted

my choice seems jewel is looking unlikely and talor  maybe to gillingham

the royal he got a good cv and wouldent that naff the scummers off

far better bet that crook tho

loving life has made me bannanas

Agree 100%. I truly hope this is a combination of bad journalism and Archant clutching at straws-and perhaps either writing what they think the fans want to hear.

No managerial or even coaching experience in England, plus the fact he has been out of the game in this country for, well, must be a decade now?

Coaching in Australia and Japan is all very well, but if he is that good, why hasn''t even a minor European club sourced him as a possible coach? Likewise, if he really wanted to advance his coaching career and credentials, why hasn''t he looked to do so in this country or Europe*? An approach would be madness, an appointment, I am afraid, would lean me very seriously towards the ranks of those wishing for loud and visible protest, it would absolutely reek of everything that the club and board have been accused of in the past-no ambition, going for the cheap option, a soft appointment to supposedly keep the fans happy, getting in a "yes" man-all of that.

*And why hasn''t a club in Europe approached him?

Now, if Chippy wanted to take some UEFA badges and get some experience, I''d say yes, get him in at the Academy, let him learn the ropes and get reaquainted with the club and coaching over here at this level and see where it takes him-that same grassroots approach that Aidy Bothroyd took, with us, Leeds, and West Brom.

But as Manager here? With all due respect to him, absolutely, positively, very emphatically NO!

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

For Gods sake. Is it too hard to understand. We need a seasoned manager who knows the current English game. Ian Crook knows s*d all about the Championship.

Look at Palace...no messing find your man, make him an offer, show him your ambitious and get him signed up.

Amateurs!!!!!

Surely Grant''s departure wasn''t a complete shock and they must of had some plans in the eventuality.

[/quote]

Simon Jordon is an aggressive, hard to work with, meglomaniac Chairman, but despite all this he still gets what he wants, our Board could learn from this ruthless streak, if they have already had "high calibre applications" then why wait!  I seriously doubt whether the fans would agree with this opinion if we knew the identity of those applicants!

If the eventual appointment is, according to our Board, the best of their "high calibre" candidates then I would like to know who else applied, other than whoever they appoint.

I would love to be surprised but I doubt it very very much.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

If the eventual appointment is, according to our Board, the best of their "high calibre" candidates then I would like to know who else applied, other than whoever they appoint.

I would love to be surprised but I doubt it very very much.

[/quote]

Well maybe when we appoint a manager you should ask Neil Doncaster (what possible reason would he have for not mentioning at least a copule of names.) That is if he is satisfied that the board made the right choice

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

Amateurs!!!!!

[/quote]

Could not agree more, show some ambition and stop P!&&ing around with ex players, spend some cash and get us a good manager in please!!!

I hoped for Bowen and Crook at the point where Worthington left....but the whole club scenario has changed since then.

I really do fear an old hand being dug up and let loose to buy Smith and Co. time....his task being to motivate what we have and avoid relegation...nothing more. It will speak volumes if this happens.

Let''s just hope it''s not Howard Wilkinson.....