Sign in to follow this  
All dots

Double D is the beer for me, well Dublin is anyway

Apparently, Paul Jewell is being touted as the man most likely to land the manager’s job at City. I think that would be an excellent appointment – tough, experienced and with a good track record. Alternatively, I wouldn’t be unhappy if they appointed Dublin as manager on trial until January. He is mature, has played at the top for many years, commands the respect of players and managers alike (therefore helpful for loan signings), knows the club and the team inside out and would unify the players and, I’m sure, get the best out of them which sadly Grant couldn’t do. Appointment of Dublin would obviate the need to make a quick decision and one that we might all repent at our leisure. Objective for this season is already to avoid relegation and making Dublin the man in charge pro temps with the possibility of being permanently being appopinted come January has got to be a very serious option.

Last season Dublin was training with Villa on Monday - Thursday.  Don''t know if he is this season, but if that is the case, then how would he possibly have the time to do the managers'' job ?I think it''s a commitment he''s currently unable to make.  I''d be happy to be proven wrong though, he''s an obvious leader of men.

I didn''t know he was training at Villa 4 days a week ! If that''s the case then obviously he''s not going to consider the job. I''ve just seen that Ian Crook is now the favourite to take the job and I think that would be totally misguided. Little experience of managment , has been out of the English game for a long time, has lost contact with NCFC, doesn''t know the players, they don''t know him. Blimey, how can he even be considered. DD has no managementg experience but he offers all of the benefis that I listed in my firs post above but if he doesn''t want to live in Norfolk he''s out of the equation. On that basis Jewell would be my choice but I really doubt that he would come and probably won''t be offered the job anyway because I think the Board would regard him as too strong an individual to control !

[quote user="Old Salt"]

Apparently, Paul Jewell is being touted as the man most likely to land the manager’s job at City. I think that would be an excellent appointment – tough, experienced and with a good track record. Alternatively, I wouldn’t be unhappy if they appointed Dublin as manager on trial until January. He is mature, has played at the top for many years, commands the respect of players and managers alike (therefore helpful for loan signings), knows the club and the team inside out and would unify the players and, I’m sure, get the best out of them which sadly Grant couldn’t do. Appointment of Dublin would obviate the need to make a quick decision and one that we might all repent at our leisure. Objective for this season is already to avoid relegation and making Dublin the man in charge pro temps with the possibility of being permanently being appopinted come January has got to be a very serious option.

[/quote]

Good post OS. I don''t understand why this isn''t a more popular option. So what if he and his family are living in the Midlands !! I can understand his reluctance to move his family to Norfolk with only a limited time left at the Club as a player but surely he would re-think this if  he is offerd the Manager''s job ?

As i''ve mentioned in a previous post, we need a manager with

1. experience

2. contacts

3. Dion doesn''t want the job, he wants to go into media

4. past and present players isn''t the solution as sentimentality doesn''t win matches

Hi Cobain – pls see my response point by point

As i''ve mentioned in a previous post, we need a manager with

1. experience – yes, DD lacks management experience but this is counterbalanced by DD’s long experience of playing at the top, the fact that he is highly respected by all players and managers and in particular the players at Norwich, not least Huckerby, and should therefore be able to get them motivated and playing to the best of their ability and as a team quicker than any incoming manager would be able to do.

2. contacts – of course he has contacts and like I said his many years at the top as a quality player playing for top clubs plus the bravery he showed when he had his serious neck injury have won him many friends in the game which inevitably would be of great influence in persuading players to come to Norwich either as a loanee or a permanent.

3. Dion doesn''t want the job, he wants to go into media – none of us know what DD wants. Indeed, it is often the case that people don’t know what they want until they are offered it so let’s not rule anything out or in at this stage.

4. past and present players isn''t the solution as sentimentality doesn''t win matches – my suggestion has nothing to do with this idea. He’s at the Club now and he’s indisputably an excellent candidate for all the reasons stated plus …… he wouldn’t cost a great deal to convert into a Manager.