Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Is the new manager going to have any money.

Without the cash to splash we are still doomed.

The boards biggest failing is in allowing Grant to bring in this band of misfits, donkeys and journey men. He/they have wasted our money and unless we get some investment in the club you could get Arsene Wenger to be manager and he make little difference.

We have a weak squad and poor players. I do feel that a new manager will get more out of the few talents that we do have. Huckerby for starters.

But nobody will make Lappin, Fotheringham, Brown, Strihavka or Brellier decent consistent Championship players.

And I fear that players like Russell, Croft, Chadwick, Drury and a few other are performing at their top level anyway.

We need dramatic change throughout this whole club. The manager is just the tip of a sinking iceberg!

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

The boards biggest failing is in allowing Grant to bring in this band of misfits, donkeys and journey men. He/they have wasted our money and unless we get some investment in the club you could get Arsene Wenger to be manager and he make little difference.

We have a weak squad and poor players. I do feel that a new manager will get more out of the few talents that we do have. Huckerby for starters.

But nobody will make Lappin, Fotheringham, Brown, Strihavka or Brellier decent consistent Championship players.

And I fear that players like Russell, Croft, Chadwick, Drury and a few other are performing at their top level anyway.

We need dramatic change throughout this whole club. The manager is just the tip of a sinking iceberg!

[/quote]

On the whole I agree but I do feel that Strihavka or Brellier will come good with time.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

[/quote]

There are rumours we want Hartson on loan which I think would be a good signing/replacement for Brown.

I disagree with this - I think they''ll come good

We haven''t really seen enough to say have we? But judging on his last performance before he was injured I would again disagree

Will presumably be a substitute

According to Doncaster there is money avaliable for signings either on loan or permanent, probably means there''s about 200k knowing him.

[quote user="kdncfc"]According to Doncaster there is money avaliable for signings either on loan or permanent, probably means there''s about 200k knowing him.[/quote]

Or £20.

The players we have are supposed to be decent but for some reason, weather it was mis-management or whatever, they aren''t playing at their best atm. A decent manager should be able to make some difference if he can shake them up and show them how its done. As already pointed out however, we are strapped for cash and without it we won''t be able to make improvements on what we have (as there is always room for improvement after all).

It will be a case of "steady the ship"....with avoidence of relegation being the plan for the next few years. Without the parachute payments it will take a far more ambitious set-up than we have at present to achieve anything more than survival.

I fear also that because Ashton is injured and out of the England team....the £25000 allocated to a team re-build has now been put on hold.

Money available?  You must be joking as it is just going to get worse and worse from here on.

[quote user="Cluck "]

It will be a case of "steady the ship"....with avoidence of relegation being the plan for the next few years. Without the parachute payments it will take a far more ambitious set-up than we have at present to achieve anything more than survival.

I fear also that because Ashton is injured and out of the England team....the £25000 allocated to a team re-build has now been put on hold.

Money available?  You must be joking as it is just going to get worse and worse from here on.

[/quote]

Unless this takeover materialises which I am desperately hoping for you are probably right, no money no future and eventually no fans.