Sign in to follow this  
Bernard  Futter

GARY JOHNSON - MANAGEMENT PROMISE WITH ACHIEVEMENT?

A friend of mine, a perceptive watcher of west country footballing matters, put forward the name of Gary Johnson (see piece below) who is clearly still making his way in management but crucially,already has tangible success to his credit.

Anyone else with first hand knowledge of the guy and the way his team''s play?

The current manager at Bristol City, Gary Johnson has made a real success of two clubs to my knowledge – Yeovil and now City themselves – both of these on a shoestring. His teams play ‘football’ and he hasn’t got the problem of having any sort of ‘profile’. Whether he would welcome the challenge while he is currently doing OK is another matter.

I would be very happy with Gary Johnson as Norwich boss but I would say there is next to no chance of  him leaving Bristol City at present as they have started off this season really well.

in all honesty is norwich a step up from bristol c - given current circumstances''?

i know you have better potential but so have forest over wigan

bristol c more stable team than you are and quite frankly have better players now in trundle, mcindoe

[quote user="we8wba"]

in all honesty is norwich a step up from bristol c - given current circumstances''?

bristol c more stable team than you are and quite frankly have better players now in trundle, mcindoe

[/quote]

They also have a chairman who is willing to invest to make the Premiership

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

No, Bristol has a phenomenal catchment area and amazing potential.  4/5th biggest city in the country and never really had a top top team.

If he can consistently punch his weight in and around the top of this league/bottom premier league then the sky is the limit.  I believe they also have an ambitious wealthy backer.

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

No, Bristol has a phenomenal catchment area and amazing potential.  4/5th biggest city in the country and never really had a top top team.

If he can consistently punch his weight in and around the top of this league/bottom premier league then the sky is the limit.  I believe they also have an ambitious wealthy backer.

[/quote]

yes but they have two teams, this halves the amount of fans instantly, fans don''t just switch do they?

Norwich has an equally large catchment area.

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Better players, Trundle? ha. Not saying I wouldn''t have him in current situations for us but if you''re saying Trundle makes them have better players than it shows how low we''ve fallen?