Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Hartson joins on loan

Norwich City have confirmed that West Brom striker John Hartson will be joining the Canaries on a one-month loan deal, with the possibility of extending this until December 31.

Full story

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Norwich City have confirmed that West Brom striker John Hartson will be joining the Canaries on a one-month loan deal, with the possibility of extending this until December 31.

Full story[/quote]

............. bet he''s not match fit though ?!

Does this mean that Duffy is our new manager if he is bringing players in?  Surely if the board planned on bringing in a new manager before our next game they wouldnt let the caretaker bring in players.

We can''t get the ball to the strikers we''ve got!  What do we need another one for?  What is the board thinking of, letting Duffy spend our allegedly dwindling money.  It''s central defence and midfield we need to strenghthen surely. 

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Norwich City have confirmed that West Brom striker John Hartson will be joining the Canaries on a one-month loan deal, with the possibility of extending this until December 31.

Full story[/quote]I just want to cry[:(][:(][:''(][:''(]

So we know what Duffy thinks of Brown and Strihavka, £1 Millions worth of targetman we have already. Duffy was here when we signed Strihavka, was he on board when we signed Brown? He''s not played at all has he, i cant see him being match fit and so i reckon he''s probably past it.

It seems duffy aint as picky with his loans because i would trhink Jartysons been avaialble all season and no-ones taken him, i wonder who we''re gonna have next. Dont be suprised to see Christain Daily, his loan at southampton is coming to an end!

he cant do any worse than what we have., I think he will do ok, should be looking for midfielders though thats where are problem lies .

A really well thought through transaction!!

That''s one less player the new manager can sign on loan then!!!!

Whatever is going on at this club???

[quote user="Old Salt"]

Full story[/quote]

............. bet he''s not match fit though ?!

[/quote]

..............bet he''s no thatch fat though?!

We had him at our place. You won''t have had a more physically strong centre forward than him. Brilliant in the air and holding the ball up. He will allow you to wack the ball upfront, in the knowledge, that he will hold the ball up and bring other supporting players into the game.

One thing though, after kicking a fellow player in the mouth at a training session, your players should beware.

[quote user="Stan Ley"]A really well thought through transaction!! That''s one less player the new manager can sign on loan then!!!! Whatever is going on at this club???[/quote]

This is a really good point. Unless of course the new manager has just signed him.

So despite having Strihavka, Cureton, Brown, Martin and Dublin (and conceivably Huckerby), none of whom have had any service at all in the last 5 matches or so, we get in.......another one. Brilliant. Lets just have David Marshall plus 10 strikers- get Keegan in as manager and lose 12-7 every game. In fact, why not turn Carrow Road back into a flour mill and start all over again...............

After looking at the picture of Hartson I can honestly see him suited up in a white coat and apron. He looks like many a chef  I''ve come into contact with. Give Duffy a break, possibly Delia''s short of staff and made this a key acquisition.  

You know this could be a nothing signing- used to distract from the manager situation for a bit

I think this happened with Jimmy Smith- he was signed right after Dickson left, before Russel was eventually brought in. I always thought that he had been signed to take the heat off a bit.

Thoughts?

We haven''t scored a goal for years, we get a proven big lump to sit up front and hold the ball - hopefully to bring our other players into the game instead of the ball just pinging back to our defence - this could be quite good in my opinion - and if it isn''t, what the hell, it''s a one month loan. I know that things are awful regarding our club at the moment, but this amount of moaning over a one month loan deal which may or may not pay off??? WTF, you need to get over yourselves you great big bunch of drama queens.

There, I''ve said it. Rant over.    

Another knackered sick note to join the rest of them......When will it all end?........

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

We haven''t scored a goal for years, we get a proven big lump to sit up front and hold the ball - hopefully to bring our other players into the game instead of the ball just pinging back to our defence - this could be quite good in my opinion - and if it isn''t, what the hell, it''s a one month loan. I know that things are awful regarding our club at the moment, but this amount of moaning over a one month loan deal which may or may not pay off??? WTF, you need to get over yourselves you great big bunch of drama queens.

There, I''ve said it. Rant over.    

[/quote]

I would rather have had Rowan Vine, who went on loan to QPR recently.  As for Hartson, I will reserve judgement, suffice to say he has had fitness issues all his career and he was rumoured to be a tad overweight even whilst playing at West Brom last season.  Lets hope he isnt a fatty when he arrives at Carrow Road.

His fitness probably is rubbish. But I don''t care too much really. Let him stand around in the penalty box for 90mins and I''m sure if we put the ball in there often enough he''ll bag a few goals. Doesn''t have to be pretty at the moment, just need results.